Thread: From a Ray fan: Congrats and hats off to the Yankees for their 27th Championship.

Banned

From a Ray fan: Congrats and hats off to the Yankees for their 27th Championship.

As a die hard Jets, Knicks and Rays fan...It's kind of hard, it's actually really hard; because I've never seen any of these teams win a Championship but at the same time, I'll give respect where respect is due...The Yankees have a great baseball team, a Championship baseball club, and thats something that New York Yankee fans should be proud of, thats something that Yankee fans should bragg about like no tomorrow.

That Yankee team did what my Rays team couldn't do last year... Beat the Phillies to take home the ring. It was day and night, watching the games, the Yankees lineup just had too much fire power for the Phillies pitching to shut down during a 7 game series. The Yankee pitching staff also did a really good job, other than Utley going crazy, I really cant think of another Phillies player that did anything really special.

Yeah, I'm a Rays fan, yeah...The Rays play in the AL East, but you know what? I was rooting for the Yankees to take down the Phillies like no tommorow and no, it wasn't because the Phillies beat the Rays last year, it was because the Yankees are New York. They may be a team from New York that I cant stand, but just like the Giants against Patriots, I was pulling for the Giants because the Giants were playing for N.Y.

All in all, I just wanted to let all the die hard Yankee fans know that I respect what this Yankees team just did.

Just wait till next year, the Rays are winning the AL East 2 out of 3 years

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Quote Originally Posted by DefenseWinsChampionships2 View Post
    As a die hard Jets, Knicks and Rays fan...It's kind of hard, it's actually really hard; because I've never seen any of these teams win a Championship but at the same time, I'll give respect where respect is due...The Yankees have a great baseball team, a Championship baseball club, and thats something that New York Yankee fans should be proud of, thats something that Yankee fans should bragg about like no tomorrow.

That Yankee team did what my Rays team couldn't do last year... Beat the Phillies to take home the ring. It was day and night, watching the games, the Yankees lineup just had too much fire power for the Phillies pitching to shut down during a 7 game series. The Yankee pitching staff also did a really good job, other than Utley going crazy, I really cant think of another Phillies player that did anything really special.

Yeah, I'm a Rays fan, yeah...The Rays play in the AL East, but you know what? I was rooting for the Yankees to take down the Phillies like no tommorow and no, it wasn't because the Phillies beat the Rays last year, it was because the Yankees are New York. They may be a team from New York that I cant stand, but just like the Giants against Patriots, I was pulling for the Giants because the Giants were playing for N.Y.

All in all, I just wanted to let all the die hard Yankee fans know that I respect what this Yankees team just did.

Just wait till next year, the Rays are winning the AL East 2 out of 3 years
    DWC2....just take notice...at the limited number of threads generated by this win. The decorum, the class, with which we celebrated this momentous 27th.

The lack of gloating, the lack of tearing down our opposition.

THe Red Sox? No mention....even though they gave us Pedro.

AGAIN.

Class all around, I'd say. No?

Thanks DWC2. The Rays are my third favorite MLB team. (1- Yankees, 2- Mets, etc). You guys have a good team, built from the ground up, and hopefully management will lead you in the right direction for 143 games (the ones you don't play the Yankees).

I would not mind seeing you as the 2010 wildcard, castrating the poor Detroit "Bailout" Tigers.

Who is your 4th and 8th favorite baseball teams?

How did you become a Rays fan anyways?