Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 181

Thread: If the Jets can build around our young talent, our Offense can be special....

  1. #1
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    St.Pete, FL
    Posts
    6,100
    Post Thanks / Like

    If the Jets can build around our young talent, our Offense can be special....

    For years to come...

    Win or lose this year, I'm enjoying the fact that Mark Sanchez is getting the much needed playing time as a young rookie starter, because lets face it... Rookie mistakes will happen with Sanchez this year, they already have, more will follow; but it's clear to see that the Jets drafted a Franchise type of QB in Mark Sanchez...A QB that we can actually build our Franchise around for years to come and all in all...As long as Mark Sanchez can stay healthy, I believe it's safe to say that the Jets will be able to draft around the QB position, instead of having to worry about which QB will fall to us like in years past.

    After the addition of Braylon Edwards, I cant help but love the young talent that this Jets Offense has... If we can build around Mark Sanchez, build around this Rex Ryan Defense, add solid players here and there...Honestly, this Jets team can be more than "Just good" for years to come.

    QB- Mark Sanchez: 23 years of age

    RB- Shonn Greene: 24 years of age

    WR #1- Braylon Edwards: 26 years of age
    WR #2- Jerricho Cotchery: 27 years of age
    Slot WR- David Clowney: 24 years of age

    TE- Dustin Keller: 25 years of age

    LT- D'Brickishaw Ferguson: 25 years of age
    C- Nick Mangold: 25 years of age
    RG- Brandon Moore: 29 years of age

    Just look @ that Offensive talent, then look at how young these players are... If the Jets can only build around these players, who knows? We could actually have a "High flying" type of Offensive attack for years to come.

    I really hope that Leon Washington can return to form, if not, I wouldn't be against drafting a RB with a 1st rounder this year, thats because this could be the last year of Thomas Jones and as we all know, the NFL is now a 2 back system so if the Jets were to actually draft an elite RB during the 1st round, I wouldn't be against it (Even though I know we have other holes).

    Lets hope that Alan Faneca can play solid for another 2-3 years (Until we can replace him with another talented LG), and until then, as a Jet fan, I really believe that the Jets front office must find a way to replace these 3 positions (Over the next 2-3 years)... A Run blocking FB to replace Tony Richardson, a talented RT to replace Damien Woody, along with a run blocking TE to backup Dustin Keller. This Offense isn't that far from being "Complete", but it all depends on how Mark Sanchez develops as an NFL starting QB; so far I'm enjoying what I'm seeing from a rookie QB who only had one year of college experience as a starter.

    I know this seems like an offseason type of thread, but it's really not. I've been loving how our Defense has played this year, under Rex Ryan, we should have elite D's for many of years to come and I'll also be 100% honest here, This Jets Offense has pissed me off at times this year, but I cant stop saying to myself that this has to be one of the youngest starting O's in the game today and I guess thats why we make alot of Offensive mistakes at times, or maybe thats why our Offense isn't "Winning games" like I would like for them to, but all in all, I'm really enjoying the young talent that we have, the potential is there and who knows? In about 2-3 years...This Jets Offense could be one of the best around.

  2. #2
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    5,825
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm not as anti-DWC2 as others, but my first thought when I saw this post and the author was "oh, g--dammit."

    It's not that you're even wrong...you're entirely correct.

  3. #3
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    24,964
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just because we have youth doesn't mean they'll be good, although playing together for years increases the cohesiveness of the offense (as long as the offensive system stays the same and doesn't change every other year).

    We have to execute, which we've been doing a decent job of. If the offense continues to improve like it has, and Sanchez learns the way he has, our offense will be effective.

    What I'd like to see is Sanchez lead us from behind to a victory. He could have done that in Miami, and didn't. You can have the most talented players around you, but if your QB doesn't perform like he should, it's almost a crime.

    Perfect example: Detroit in the 90s. Herman Moore, Barry Sanders, and company. They had great offensive talents, compiled insane statistics, had no QBs ever, and didn't win anything.

    Regardless, I'm excited to see what we develop in this offense too.
    Last edited by John_0515; 11-13-2009 at 03:53 PM.

  4. #4
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Your mom's house
    Posts
    8,260
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Chica me Tipo View Post
    I'm not as anti-DWC2 as others, but my first thought when I saw this post and the author was "oh, g--dammit."
    No worries, I am and I did!

  5. #5
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,313
    Post Thanks / Like
    You're right. Every team has youth, but we have really really good young players. Sanchez is still a ?, but he looks like will be a good QB. The most important things are the franchise LT and C. If we could get a really good player like Mike Johnson next year, it'd be huge.

  6. #6
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    2,875
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DefenseWinsChampionships2 View Post
    For years to come...

    Win or lose this year, I'm enjoying the fact that Mark Sanchez is getting the much needed playing time as a young rookie starter, because lets face it... Rookie mistakes will happen with Sanchez this year, they already have, more will follow; but it's clear to see that the Jets drafted a Franchise type of QB in Mark Sanchez...A QB that we can actually build our Franchise around for years to come and all in all...As long as Mark Sanchez can stay healthy, I believe it's safe to say that the Jets will be able to draft around the QB position, instead of having to worry about which QB will fall to us like in years past.

    After the addition of Braylon Edwards, I cant help but love the young talent that this Jets Offense has... If we can build around Mark Sanchez, build around this Rex Ryan Defense, add solid players here and there...Honestly, this Jets team can be more than "Just good" for years to come.

    QB- Mark Sanchez: 23 years of age

    RB- Shonn Greene: 24 years of age

    WR #1- Braylon Edwards: 26 years of age
    WR #2- Jerricho Cotchery: 27 years of age
    Slot WR- David Clowney: 24 years of age

    TE- Dustin Keller: 25 years of age

    LT- D'Brickishaw Ferguson: 25 years of age
    C- Nick Mangold: 25 years of age
    RG- Brandon Moore: 29 years of age

    Just look @ that Offensive talent, then look at how young these players are... If the Jets can only build around these players, who knows? We could actually have a "High flying" type of Offensive attack for years to come.

    I really hope that Leon Washington can return to form, if not, I wouldn't be against drafting a RB with a 1st rounder this year, thats because this could be the last year of Thomas Jones and as we all know, the NFL is now a 2 back system so if the Jets were to actually draft an elite RB during the 1st round, I wouldn't be against it (Even though I know we have other holes).

    Lets hope that Alan Faneca can play solid for another 2-3 years (Until we can replace him with another talented LG), and until then, as a Jet fan, I really believe that the Jets front office must find a way to replace these 3 positions (Over the next 2-3 years)... A Run blocking FB to replace Tony Richardson, a talented RT to replace Damien Woody, along with a run blocking TE to backup Dustin Keller. This Offense isn't that far from being "Complete", but it all depends on how Mark Sanchez develops as an NFL starting QB; so far I'm enjoying what I'm seeing from a rookie QB who only had one year of college experience as a starter.

    I know this seems like an offseason type of thread, but it's really not. I've been loving how our Defense has played this year, under Rex Ryan, we should have elite D's for many of years to come and I'll also be 100% honest here, This Jets Offense has pissed me off at times this year, but I cant stop saying to myself that this has to be one of the youngest starting O's in the game today and I guess thats why we make alot of Offensive mistakes at times, or maybe thats why our Offense isn't "Winning games" like I would like for them to, but all in all, I'm really enjoying the young talent that we have, the potential is there and who knows? In about 2-3 years...This Jets Offense could be one of the best around.

    .....blah, blah,blah,blah,blah...........


    ......or not.

  7. #7
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    24,964
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Patrollie View Post
    .....blah, blah,blah,blah,blah...........


    ......or not.
    very insightful post. You should write speeches for Belichick, since blah blah blah is better than most of his press conferences.

  8. #8
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    N.Attleboro, MA
    Posts
    3,814
    Post Thanks / Like
    First you don't know that Sanchez is a potential franchise QB today, any more than you did at the start of the year. In fact you've seen stuff that creates even MORE questions than you had in September. Again there is just as good a chance the Sanchez winds up being more like Matt Lienart as he will be like Carson Palmer. You shouldn't be making any judgments right now.

    Second EVERY team has 6 or seven guys 29 or under that their fans can get just as excited about as the players you mentioned. The Pats have Moroney (STILL just 24), Tate (22), Volmer (22), Edelmann (22), Mankins (28), Welker (28) (Kascur) (28) right off the top of my head, and that JUST the offense. The best young players the Pats have are all on the D.

    Nothing wrong with the tread or what you wrote, its just kind of funny thinking the Jets are the only team in this kind of position. BTW. The NFL is a league where I bet more than 76% of the league is under 30, so EVERY team will be able to have a fan write a similar post.

  9. #9
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    7,878
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by patsfanken View Post
    First you don't know that Sanchez is a potential franchise QB today, any more than you did at the start of the year. In fact you've seen stuff that creates even MORE questions than you had in September. Again there is just as good a chance the Sanchez winds up being more like Matt Lienart as he will be like Carson Palmer. You shouldn't be making any judgments right now.

    Second EVERY team has 6 or seven guys 29 or under that their fans can get just as excited about as the players you mentioned. The Pats have Moroney (STILL just 24), Tate (22), Volmer (22), Edelmann (22), Mankins (28), Welker (28) (Kascur) (28) right off the top of my head, and that JUST the offense. The best young players the Pats have are all on the D.

    Nothing wrong with the tread or what you wrote, its just kind of funny thinking the Jets are the only team in this kind of position. BTW. The NFL is a league where I bet more than 76% of the league is under 30, so EVERY team will be able to have a fan write a similar post.
    No offense but throwing Edelmann, Tate, Volmer and Maroney into the mix against Greene, Edwards, Mangold, Keller etc is laughable...

    And I'm not even a Homer

  10. #10
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    24,964
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by patsfanken View Post
    First you don't know that Sanchez is a potential franchise QB today, any more than you did at the start of the year. In fact you've seen stuff that creates even MORE questions than you had in September. Again there is just as good a chance the Sanchez winds up being more like Matt Lienart as he will be like Carson Palmer. You shouldn't be making any judgments right now.

    Second EVERY team has 6 or seven guys 29 or under that their fans can get just as excited about as the players you mentioned. The Pats have Moroney (STILL just 24), Tate (22), Volmer (22), Edelmann (22), Mankins (28), Welker (28) (Kascur) (28) right off the top of my head, and that JUST the offense. The best young players the Pats have are all on the D.

    Nothing wrong with the tread or what you wrote, its just kind of funny thinking the Jets are the only team in this kind of position. BTW. The NFL is a league where I bet more than 76% of the league is under 30, so EVERY team will be able to have a fan write a similar post.
    I'll agree that every team has a wealth of young players, but the players listed all have either shown the ability to perform, or have very high expectations placed upon them. I think that's his point - summed up in a sentence. I know you're proud of your Pats, and should be, but as far as young talent, the players listed above (DWC2) have a greater ceiling than the ones you just listed.

    Remember, and I know what you wrote - which is not incorrect! -, but this is a Jets message board, and we try to be optimistic about our future, and in this case, rightfully so.

  11. #11
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    2,875
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    very insightful post. You should write speeches for Belichick, since blah blah blah is better than most of his press conferences.
    I like my posts to be salient and concise.

  12. #12
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    24,964
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Patrollie View Post
    I like my posts to be salient and concise.
    I'm going to give you a pass on this one, since I didn't read the entire post myself.

    I'm watching you!

  13. #13
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    N.Attleboro, MA
    Posts
    3,814
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite View Post
    No offense but throwing Edelmann, Tate, Volmer and Maroney into the mix against Greene, Edwards, Mangold, Keller etc is laughable...

    And I'm not even a Homer
    I'll be happy to throw Moroney against Greene, and what each have done thus far in the league.(interesting that this is Moroney's 4th year and they are BOTH 24.) The same goes for Watson (28) and Keller. Volmer has shown more of an all round game in 2 games, than DBrick has in 4 years (though the real test will come this week) Edwards and Mangold ARE better players than Tate and Edelman right now, but that doesn't mean they don't hold promise. That's what your post is all about isn't it. POTENTIAL.

  14. #14
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    24,964
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by patsfanken View Post
    I'll be happy to throw Moroney against Greene, and what each have done thus far in the league.(interesting that this is Moroney's 4th year and they are BOTH 24.) The same goes for Watson (28) and Keller. Volmer has shown more of an all round game in 2 games, than DBrick has in 4 years (though the real test will come this week) Edwards and Mangold ARE better players than Tate and Edelman right now, but that doesn't mean they don't hold promise. That's what your post is all about isn't it. POTENTIAL.
    I don't think that the Patriot players don't hold promise (Edelman is a Welker clone - where the hell did he come from?), I think what he meant was that the ceiling is higher for our players. Of course, it's a Jet fans opinion, which I (as a Jet fan) happily agree with! LOL.

  15. #15
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    2,875
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    I'm going to give you a pass on this one, since I didn't read the entire post myself.

    I'm watching you!

    oh, oh.....Homo?

  16. #16
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    24,964
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Patrollie View Post
    oh, oh.....Homo?
    More like:


  17. #17
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    St.Pete, FL
    Posts
    6,100
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just about every team has young offensive talent, but not every team has young talent such as the Jets...

    D'Brickishaw Ferguson-Franchise LT. Hasn't missed a start since the day the Jets drafted the man.

    Nick Mangold-One of the best, if not the best center in the game today.

    Brandon Moore- Really strong RG, cant ask for anything more out of a RG who's 28-29 years of age. Moore was the Jets starting RG when Curtin Martin rushed for the most yards of any AFC back in 04, he was also the starting RG when Thomas Jones rushed for the most yards of any AFC back last year, and lets not forget, He's also the starting RG for a Jets rushing attack that ranks top 5 here in 2009.

    Braylon Edwards-Elite young WR. He's what every team wants in a #1 WR. 6'3+ WR who can stretch field with top of the line play-making ability along with top notch speed.

    Jerricho Cotchery- One of the best #2 WR's in the game today. Before the addition of Braylon Edwards, Cotchery actually ranked as a top 5 WR with the Jets production wise.

    Dustin Keller- This man was considered the Nation's #1 pass catching talent coming out of college last year as a rookie, and last year...We all seen why; this man is talented, one hell of a pass catching TE.

    The only question marks that we have (As far as young talent goes), would be Mark Sanchez and Shonn Greene (Because their rookies), but honestly, both of those guys are real talents and if anything, take away Sanchez and Greene and guess what? It's still hard for a team that can match the overall talent, potential and production of a Ferguson, Mangold, Moore, Keller, Cotchery and Edwards on the Offensive side of the ball and please...The Patriots aren't one of them lol.
    Last edited by DefenseWinsChampionships2; 11-13-2009 at 05:01 PM.

  18. #18
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Enemy Territory
    Posts
    6,518
    Post Thanks / Like
    Save a Keyboard.

    STFU

  19. #19
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    16,619
    Post Thanks / Like





    "Then put your little hand in mine
    There ain't no hill or mountain we can't climb

    Babe
    I got you babe
    I got you babe..."
    Last edited by Dirtstar; 11-13-2009 at 05:06 PM.

  20. #20
    Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    27,120
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by patsfanken View Post
    First you don't know that Sanchez is a potential franchise QB today, any more than you did at the start of the year. In fact you've seen stuff that creates even MORE questions than you had in September.
    His last two games:

    29 for 51 (57% completion), 5 touchdowns (3 passing, 2 rushing), 0 INT's.

    107 rating and 100.3 rating
    Last edited by Buzzsaw; 11-13-2009 at 05:09 PM.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us