Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: It's NOT Sanchez' Fault, So Get Off Him. Madbacker, Rex, D'Bust, Schott, Start THERE

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

It's NOT Sanchez' Fault, So Get Off Him. Madbacker, Rex, D'Bust, Schott, Start THERE

Nothing Sanchez did today cost us the game. The two INT's weren't game changers. It's the pressure no-shows on D, his HC, and his OC that bear the brunt of where we are today.

Vacation week? Timeouts? 12 men on the field? Rex.

Sloppy tackling? No impact plays? Inconsistent pressure? Blown coverages? D.

Afraid to go for big plays? Scared of his QB? Predictible playcalling? OC.

Inconsistent pass protection? Mark running for his life on half the plays? Rushing throws? WR's not in the right spot? OL.

Lack of leadership? Lack of passion? Lack of swagger? Fraudbacker.

Mark is not a saint, not completely blameless. But besides the Buffalo debacle and the New Orleans game we weren't winning anyway, he's not done anything to hurt us.

SAR I

Very hard to win on a consistent bases with a 50% passer who throws more interceptions then td's. We have an above avg defense and a below avg offense. Translation? 4-5

All League
    Cutting Rhodes and firing Schotty would go a long way, IMO, but I've been saying that for ages.

I agree 100%. The fact that people are blaming a guy that has 9 NFL starts is sickening.

He gave us the lead today. He threw a great pass to Braylon on the 2 pt. conversion, but it was dropped.

Sanchez had to scramble away from blitzers on every play, and still had a good game for a ROOKIE.

This team has more problems than Mark Sanchez, and the injuries to Leon and Jenks just magnified our issues.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=avi31884;3357370]Very hard to win on a consistent bases with a 50% passer who throws more interceptions then td's. We have an above avg defense and a below avg offense. Translation? 4-5[/QUOTE]

In 68 Namath 15 td's and 17 picks and avg 49.2 Translation Bowl winner..:D

in both miami losses and today sanchez led the jets to score over 20 points with 4th quarter leads. he's a rookie qb who started only 1 year of college and he led the jets to late 4th quarter leads only to see the defense or special teams blow the leads.

if the only way the jets can win is if the qb is perfect and never makes any turnovers and scores 59 points per game, then the team is in trouble.

i think the defense is in such worse shape than the offense. sanchez will be a much better qb by year 3. i'm not so sure the defense will have added the passrushers and cbs to make comparable improvement.

All League
    Agreed 100%.

Hey Braylon and Dustin, how about you catch/hang on to the fkn ball?

[QUOTE=Savage69;3357378]In 68 Namath 15 td's and 17 picks and avg 49.2 Translation Bowl winner..:D[/QUOTE]

Very different time. Offenses are a lot better than those days.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=avi31884;3357370]Very hard to win on a consistent bases with a 50% passer who throws more interceptions then td's. We have an above avg defense and a below avg offense. Translation? 4-5[/QUOTE]

+1

That's the nature of the NFL with a rookie QB.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=SAR I;3357361] Vacation week? Timeouts? 12 men on the field? Rex.

[/QUOTE]

The HC is ultimately to blame for any snafus, but if the offense is having trouble communicating and getting the proper combination of players on the field for each play isn't that technically the OC's responsibility?

Just to be fair to Edwards, I was watching at home today (usually I am at the game) and
    on the 2 pt Conversion it wasnt exactly like a SOJ Stuckey Baker or McCareins dropping a
    pass with no one touching them. Edwards was hit by 2 defenders, popped hard last second
    by the 2nd and that may have saved the game for JAX...that is the same kind of extra effort
    we have been expecting every game from Rhodes but are not getting.
    Last edited by Jungle Shift Jet; 11-15-2009 at 06:40 PM.

I agree.

But I also think that you can only point fingers to an extent. Right now, it seems like we can't get a break.

The defense is AWESOME in the second half, what the **** happened on the last drive? I just don't understand it.

Whatever, we just have to play our games, improve as a team, and get ready for next year.

Did you watch the game? What did we do on the first play of the game? Long pass. Result interception.

There's a reason we have a conservative offense. We have a rookie qb who does not have a full grasp of it and makes poor decisions, and is an in accurate passer.

By all right we had no reason to be in this game. Jaguar LBer falls flat on his face running an int into the endzone, and then the Jaguar offense botches a handoff.

To say Sanchez is not a saint but is blameless in this loss is just laughably wrong.

From 3-0 to 1-5...where have all the good times gone?

Gut wrenching to watch, but this team is just finding ways to lose right now. They're generally not getting blown out, and would seemingly need a couple tweaks to get it back on track. IMHO, good coaches right that ship in short order. Parcells is the type that comes to mind.

Time to show up Rexy...no excuses!

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

[QUOTE=Queens Jet Fan;3357399]Did you watch the game? What did we do on the first play of the game? Long pass. Result interception.

To say Sanchez is not a saint but is blameless in this loss is just laughably wrong.[/QUOTE]

The first INT was nothing more than a punt. Did it cost us an offensive series in the game? Yes, but it was the D that let them march down the field without any resistance. The second INT didn't lead to points as the D rose to the occassion for the first time this season.

When you list the 10 Things That Cost The Jets This Game, Mark Sanchez' name isn't on it.

SAR I

Sanchez wasn't running for his life today...

I don't blame anyone for the bad play because it takes more than one guy to lose. It's a game, they lost it, and they lost it because all 3 facets of the game are failing to execute/make plays.

That INCLUDES Sanchez.

I'm surprised at the lack of flak Edwards is getting for the dropped extra point (I didn't see anything that should have stopped him from catching it since it was already in his hands), and that huge fumble too. For a fanbase so quick to jump on it's players people are missing the boat there. Edwards hasn't convinced me of anything yet, and I am and was a big supporter of him.

Also, I really am still not a big fan of Rex Ryan. I'm not seeing that super sideline atmosphere change that was supposed to come here. He's like a robot out there. All he needs is gum and more of a clue on how to manage a game to be Mangini.

How many dropped passes today? at least 3-4. Keller dropped two that I can remember and the one was a beautiful ball on a broken play that was right on the money. Dropped two point conversion. Were there some missed throws, yes. but that will happen in every game to every qb until the end of time.

9 freaking games and this crap starts already. lets see where he is in two years, not two minutes.

Veteran
    I agree with you that Sanchez isn't at fault here, but you putting D'Brick in the thread as someone to blame is absurd. Sanchez wsasn't "running for his life" the only time he was forced to scramble was on blitzes when they had more rushers than blockers. The Jags got NO pass rush using a standard four man rush, so you can't blame the OL.

The whole TEAM is too blame...all three phases sucked.

Defense: Sucks the whole first half, forgets how to tackle. Second half plays great until when it counts and the game is on the line. That's been the story of the season. Only game they closed out was against NE in week 2.

Special Teams: Even they played a bad game imo today. Allowed the Jags to have good field position off KO's all game.

Offense: Inconsistent. Pretty much sums it all up. Like SAR said..the oline is so inconsistent, half the time Sanchez is rushing his throws and scrambling to get out of trouble. And then when he does have a pocket and time to throw we see the good QB he can be.

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Most of those INT's came in 2 games, the rest weren't so bad.

And any NFL team should be able to overcome an incremental turnover per game, especially a team who supposedly has this "great defense" like the Jets do.

In this case, the stats lie. Brian Schottenheimer is afraid of his QB and we can't blame Sanchez for that. Schott's gameplan is to rope-a-dope until he's forced to open it up and it's that "play not to lose" mentality that's a) causing us to not score enough in the first half and b) making Mark a schitzo mental case.

SAR I