Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: It's NOT Sanchez' Fault, So Get Off Him. Madbacker, Rex, D'Bust, Schott, Start THERE

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=augustiniak;3357381]in both miami losses and today sanchez led the jets to score over 20 points with 4th quarter leads. he's a rookie qb who started only 1 year of college and he led the jets to late 4th quarter leads only to see the defense or special teams blow the leads.

if the only way the jets can win is if the qb is perfect and never makes any turnovers and scores 59 points per game, then the team is in trouble.

i think the defense is in such worse shape than the offense. sanchez will be a much better qb by year 3. i'm not so sure the defense will have added the passrushers and cbs to make comparable improvement.[/QUOTE]

+1 Million

Glad to hear a voice of reason by someone who's actually been watching the games.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    kerry rhodes is the defensive version of Matt Lienart in terms of priorities. Cut him.

Sanchez needs to stop acting like a baby after games too. Hes showing none of the leadership qualities he initially displayed. Bumass as of now. I hope his confidence grows as his maturity does. He is acting like a child both durning and after games.

the coaching is just not there. Its like rex doesnt have any involvement offense, is horrible at managing personal during games, and schotty is prob the worst play caller ever and doesnt understand the idea of developing an offense rhythm and keeping the D on their heels.

Also, our run d is clearly dead w.o big Jenknins. We need to adress NT early in the draft.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Gotta say, as much as I love D'Brick (he's still the pick over Leinart, Cutler and Young), that holding penalty was the turning point of the game for me.

We get that first down, we're on a roll and we win.

Sanchez is STILL the man, will be for a decade. :yes:

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=augustiniak;3357381]in both miami losses and today sanchez led the jets to score over 20 points with 4th quarter leads. he's a rookie qb who started only 1 year of college and he led the jets to late 4th quarter leads only to see the defense or special teams blow the leads.

if the only way the jets can win is if the qb is perfect and never makes any turnovers and scores 59 points per game, then the team is in trouble.

i think the defense is in such worse shape than the offense. sanchez will be a much better qb by year 3. i'm not so sure the defense will have added the passrushers and cbs to make comparable improvement.[/QUOTE]

[SIZE="6"]+1.[/SIZE]

Brilliant observations.

SAR I

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JStokes;3357432]Gotta say, as much as I love D'Brick (he's still the pick over Leinart, Cutler and Young), that holding penalty was the turning point of the game for me.

We get that first down, we're on a roll and we win.

Sanchez is STILL the man, will be for a decade. :yes:[/QUOTE]

It's not just D'Brick.....it's the whole OL that can't give him enough time too often.

You still going to Foxboro on Sunday?

SAR I

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SAR I;3357415]The first INT was nothing more than a punt. Did it cost us an offensive series in the game? Yes, but it was the D that let them march down the field without any resistance. The second INT didn't lead to points as the D rose to the occassion for the first time this season.

When you list the 10 Things That Cost The Jets This Game, Mark Sanchez' name isn't on it.

SAR I[/QUOTE]
    Come on SAR. The first interception was on first down. Can't say "nothing more then a punt" on a first down pass. If that was a 3rd down play I would agree.

Defense rose to the occasion after the 2nd interception? How? They had a good play on first down stopped on the 2 inch line. Then they bothced a handoff. Defense didn't cause the botch. Granted they recovered it but you can't say that was a great stand or a forced turnover.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Jets are the only team in the league with double digit POSITIVE net points AND a losing record.

Ryan giving the players 6 days off was a joke. It's not like he wore them out in training camp and they needed the rest. Mental errors are why they've lost and the only way to correct those is with practice. Sanchez needed to be working with Schottenheimer and not his HS coach back in Cali during the break.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I sat in Bru's Room in Boynton Beach on draft day and when the Jets moved up to draft Sanchez, everyone seemed to be happy. VIVA LA SANCHEZ was what I read for days after that on this message board. I was the only person in that bar who was pessimistic, and nobody knew why. I don't believe Mark Sanchez proved himself enough to be a starting QB in this league starting at day 1. Why the organization and the coaching squad handed him the keys to the car after being a college starter for 1 year, is beyond me.

Now, does this team have other issues besides the QB situation? Yes, by far. But I would have rather the organization took their chances, drafted Sanchez 17th, and spent the difference in money on a veteran QB. Then maybe when the play of Sanchez comes in question, there is somebody proven to go and play.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SAR I;3357434]It's not just D'Brick.....it's the whole OL that can't give him enough time too often.

You still going to Foxboro on Sunday?

SAR I[/QUOTE]

Yeah, the o-line had him running around like crazy today. My seats are upper deck endzone and you can just see the pressure he sees.

Crazy. Seriously, if the guy can get 3.5 seconds, he'll complete 65%.

I'll be at Gillette. I am going to give Kraft a wedgie if I see him. I think I am in the box next to his.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Chica me Tipo;3357416]Sanchez wasn't running for his life today...

I don't blame anyone for the bad play because it takes more than one guy to lose. It's a game, they lost it, and they lost it because all 3 facets of the game are failing to execute/make plays.

That INCLUDES Sanchez.

I'm surprised at the lack of flak Edwards is getting for the dropped extra point (I didn't see anything that should have stopped him from catching it since it was already in his hands), and that huge fumble too. For a fanbase so quick to jump on it's players people are missing the boat there. Edwards hasn't convinced me of anything yet, and I am and was a big supporter of him.

Also, I really am still not a big fan of Rex Ryan. I'm not seeing that super sideline atmosphere change that was supposed to come here. He's like a robot out there. All he needs is gum and more of a clue on how to manage a game to be Mangini.[/QUOTE]

Good point about Edwards, but the 2 point conversion was a slow floater and he got wholloped by 2 DB's. I put that more on Sanchez than Edwards. Edwards has also shown flashes of pure brilliance in the handful of games he's played which is far, far more than Scott, Leonhard, Douglas, Izzo, or Shepard have.

Regarding Ryan, I'm really disappointed. What a buffoon he is now. The humiliation awaiting next week in Foxboro, ugh, I don't even want to think about it.

SAR I

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

Very good point. If we have to rely on a rookie QB to play a perfect game and score points to protect the defense, then this reverse logic is the formula for disaster.

Sanchez has held his own and demonstrated confidence for the future at that position. What I am concerned with is that the same issues in plays and strategy that plagued Mangini's defenses are plaguing this one. It makes me consider more and more if it is the players more than the coaching. Ryan at least demonstrates a capacity to counteradjust to the opponent's adjustments.

Veteran
    Clark University, by way of West Orange, NJ
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SAR I;3357428]Most of those INT's came in 2 games, the rest weren't so bad.

And any NFL team should be able to overcome an incremental turnover per game, especially a team who supposedly has this "great defense" like the Jets do.

In this case, the stats lie. Brian Schottenheimer is afraid of his QB and we can't blame Sanchez for that. Schott's gameplan is to rope-a-dope until he's forced to open it up and it's that "play not to lose" mentality that's a) causing us to not score enough in the first half and b) making Mark a schitzo mental case.

SAR I[/QUOTE]

I'm sorry, but this is just wrong. I agree with what you're saying about Sanchez not being at fault, but to blame Schotty and call him predictable is ridiculous. Did you predict that WR Reverse pass with Edwards, The Wildcat call on 3rd and four? The Reverse to Keller, or the pitch to Greene on fourth and 1?

The issue this week, yet again, wasn't playcalling, it was execution. A perfect example would be the screen pass in the 1st half on 3rd and 12. If Sanchez had made a good throw, Jones literally could have walked into the end zone. That was a PERFECT play call, because he used the defense's aggression against them, and there was an easy TD to be had. Unfortunately, Sanchez didn't make the throw.

In the 2nd half, Sanchez had Edwards open in the end zone but waited too long to throw the ball and Edwards ended up having to go out of bounds to catch the ball. Again, a perfect play call, and poor execution. When Sanchez plays well (as he did in the 2nd half for the most part) the offense looks alot better, and it's not because of improved play-calling.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=ListerFiend;3357431]kerry rhodes is the defensive version of Matt Lienart in terms of priorities. Cut him.

[/QUOTE]

I've had a feeling that Rhodes has been the Lockerroom Cancer since the Edwards era. His attitude and lack of on-field production leads me in that direction.

SAR I

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Queens Jet Fan;3357435]Come on SAR. The first interception was on first down. Can't say "nothing more then a punt" on a first down pass. If that was a 3rd down play I would agree.

Defense rose to the occasion after the 2nd interception? How? They had a good play on first down stopped on the 2 inch line. Then they bothced a handoff. Defense didn't cause the botch. Granted they recovered it but you can't say that was a great stand or a forced turnover.[/QUOTE]

My point is that neither INT led to the loss. Neither play was good, neither was excusable, but they were the least of our problems today. The kid brought us back to a 4th quarter lead, just like in Miami, and the D blew it.

SAR I

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [SIZE="7"]The DEFENSE LOST US THIS GAME!!!![/SIZE]:steamin::steamin:

No excuse for them to blow that 4th quarter lead on such a long drive.

AND THE FANS WERE INTO IT!!!!!!!

IF that FAT B!TCH CALLS US FANS OUT AGAIN HE SHOULD HAVE HIS F#cking hearing checked!!!!!!

My hands are NUMB from banging the seats and creating noise and all FOR NAUGHT!!!!:mad:
    Last edited by Gas2No99; 11-15-2009 at 07:01 PM.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=IM4DJTS;3357438]

Now, does this team have other issues besides the QB situation? Yes, by far. But I would have rather the organization took their chances, drafted Sanchez 17th, and spent the difference in money on a veteran QB. Then maybe when the play of Sanchez comes in question, there is somebody proven to go and play.[/QUOTE]

I won't even mention the "Favre" word. He's 28-7 when healthy over the last 3 seasons.

We decided to go for the rook QB and that's awesome. In retrospect, we should have cut Clemens and picked up a veteran guy for him to learn from perhaps.

SAR I

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    in the MNF loss and today, there were some alarming similarities. sanchez leads the go ahead td, then the defense lets the other team march right down the field and score. now, why is sanchez to blame for these losses? is it b/c of a mistake he made in the 2nd quarter? is that all people do, look at aggregate statistics?

the bottom line is that even with jenkins, the jets D lacks bona-fide pass rushers. they need at least 1 DE with legit pass rushing skills, and another cb to start opposite revis. rhodes was always overrated and he may as well blitz every other pass b/c he obviously can't cover anyone. the defense has still not recovered from the loss of abraham and it just goes to show you how even 1 elite pass rusher can change a defense.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=njherdfan;3357444]I'm sorry, but this is just wrong. I agree with what you're saying about Sanchez not being at fault, but to blame Schotty and call him predictable is ridiculous. Did you predict that WR Reverse pass with Edwards, The Wildcat call on 3rd and four? The Reverse to Keller, or the pitch to Greene on fourth and 1?

The issue this week, yet again, wasn't playcalling, it was execution. A perfect example would be the screen pass in the 1st half on 3rd and 12. If Sanchez had made a good throw, Jones literally could have walked into the end zone. That was a PERFECT play call, because he used the defense's aggression against them, and there was an easy TD to be had. Unfortunately, Sanchez didn't make the throw.

In the 2nd half, Sanchez had Edwards open in the end zone but waited too long to throw the ball and Edwards ended up having to go out of bounds to catch the ball. Again, a perfect play call, and poor execution. When Sanchez plays well (as he did in the 2nd half for the most part) the offense looks alot better, and it's not because of improved play-calling.[/QUOTE]
    Excellent post and spot on. It's amazing how posters on this board always blame the play callers. Is so ridiculous. I thought Shottenheimer called an excellent game today - especially on the td drive in the 4th quarter.

SAR you gotta admit he avoided cliches here.:D

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=njherdfan;3357444]I'm sorry, but this is just wrong. I agree with what you're saying about Sanchez not being at fault, but to blame Schotty and call him predictable is ridiculous. Did you predict that WR Reverse pass with Edwards, The Wildcat call on 3rd and four? The Reverse to Keller, or the pitch to Greene on fourth and 1?

In the 2nd half, Sanchez had Edwards open in the end zone but waited too long to throw the ball and Edwards ended up having to go out of bounds to catch the ball. Again, a perfect play call, and poor execution. When Sanchez plays well (as he did in the 2nd half for the most part) the offense looks alot better, and it's not because of improved play-calling.[/QUOTE]

Look at the first half of every game we've played this season except the opener at Houston.

You'll see an OC afraid to let his QB control the game. An OC who dicks around with running too much, gadget plays, Wildcat crap, Hermball.

If Sanchez is ALLOWED to play in the first half the way that he's FORCED to play in the second half, we're 6-3 today. How great would Sanchez be lighting it up with a lead instead of being let loose when trailing? It's pathetic that we don't know the answer to that question.

SAR I

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like

+1

I don't have a problem with where the offense is right now. I like the way Schotty has called games. When Sanchez works on his accuracy this offseason we are going to see a serious jump in 2010. Unfortunately, I think we will still have plenty of growing pains this season.

I don't know what the people who aren't happy with Schotty are looking for. We went down the field plenty of times. Keller dropped one on 3rd and 20 on a good, aggressive play call. We have done a good job hitting the intermediate routes, and we were very good on 3rd down today, particularly in the 2nd half. I wouldn't call this Sanchez overcoming the playcalling of Schottenheimer.

The loss is on the defense, who can never make a play under pressure, and who can't make enough tackles on stocky running backs.