Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: It's NOT Sanchez' Fault, So Get Off Him. Madbacker, Rex, D'Bust, Schott, Start THERE

[QUOTE=njherdfan;3357444]I'm sorry, but this is just wrong. I agree with what you're saying about Sanchez not being at fault, but to blame Schotty and call him predictable is ridiculous. Did you predict that WR Reverse pass with Edwards, The Wildcat call on 3rd and four? The Reverse to Keller, or the pitch to Greene on fourth and 1?

The issue this week, yet again, wasn't playcalling, it was execution. A perfect example would be the screen pass in the 1st half on 3rd and 12. If Sanchez had made a good throw, Jones literally could have walked into the end zone. That was a PERFECT play call, because he used the defense's aggression against them, and there was an easy TD to be had. Unfortunately, Sanchez didn't make the throw.

In the 2nd half, Sanchez had Edwards open in the end zone but waited too long to throw the ball and Edwards ended up having to go out of bounds to catch the ball. Again, a perfect play call, and poor execution. When Sanchez plays well (as he did in the 2nd half for the most part) the offense looks alot better, and it's not because of improved play-calling.[/QUOTE]

That opening play bomb to Cotchery would have been nice too, had it not been underthrown by 10 yards.

in both miami losses and today, the offense scored over 20 points. in the MNF game and today, the other team marched right down the field and scored on the last play.

exactly how many points does the jets' rookie qb have to score every game so that people here don't think he's a bust?

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

[QUOTE=Queens Jet Fan;3357459]Excellent post and spot on. It's amazing how posters on this board always blame the play callers. Is so ridiculous. I thought Shottenheimer called an excellent game today - especially on the td drive in the 4th quarter.

SAR you gotta admit he avoided cliches here.:D[/QUOTE]

Here are the 3 Phases Of The Schottenheimer Not-To-Lose Strategy:

Phase 1: Don't throw. Run. Run run run. Run again. Run.

Phase 2: Bring on the gadgets. Reverses, Wildcat. Then run again. Run run run.

Phase 3: Losing now, gotta throw. Throw throw throw. Throw.

If you give credit to Brian for creativity in spots then you have to condemn him for having to be in that position to begin with. We have a great 4th quarter QB. Wonder what he looks like in the 1st and 2nd quarter? Good luck with that.

SAR I

[QUOTE=Savage69;3357378]In 68 Namath 15 td's and 17 picks and avg 49.2 Translation Bowl winner..:D[/QUOTE]

haha... you can't compare that era of football to today's. If Sanchez puts up Namath-type numbers he won't be in the league for long! Namath's stats were horrible... different game back then though.

Veteran
    North Shore of Long Island. East Setauket
    [QUOTE=JamaicanJetFan;3357383]Agreed 100%.

Hey Braylon and Dustin, how about you catch/hang on to the fkn ball?[/QUOTE]

keller dropped at least three balls that were very catchable and drive extending...its hard to win games when all we do is talk sh*t how good are D is when it looked like we were playing prevent defense after we scored in the 4th...it was game over 3 and 9 and we let david Phuckin garrard throw a strike right by rhodes are you kidding me...that was terrible D and we will hear about it all week....its not sanchezs fault ....all we can hope now is the pats lose tonight and maybe have a big game next week and win in foxboro.

All League
    [QUOTE=njherdfan;3357444]I'm sorry, but this is just wrong. I agree with what you're saying about Sanchez not being at fault, but to blame Schotty and call him predictable is ridiculous. Did you predict that WR Reverse pass with Edwards, The Wildcat call on 3rd and four? The Reverse to Keller, or the pitch to Greene on fourth and 1?

The issue this week, yet again, wasn't playcalling, it was execution. A perfect example would be the screen pass in the 1st half on 3rd and 12. If Sanchez had made a good throw, Jones literally could have walked into the end zone. That was a PERFECT play call, because he used the defense's aggression against them, and there was an easy TD to be had. Unfortunately, Sanchez didn't make the throw.

In the 2nd half, Sanchez had Edwards open in the end zone but waited too long to throw the ball and Edwards ended up having to go out of bounds to catch the ball. Again, a perfect play call, and poor execution. When Sanchez plays well (as he did in the 2nd half for the most part) the offense looks alot better, and it's not because of improved play-calling.[/QUOTE]

You are correct.

In no way am I defending Schotty, because I'm not a fan of his system at all.

But today's execution was horrible, and it has been since week 4.

Practice Squad
    [QUOTE=SAR I;3357473]Here are the 3 Phases Of The Schottenheimer Not-To-Lose Strategy:

If you give credit to Brian for creativity in spots then you have to condemn him for having to be in that position to begin with. We have a great 4th quarter QB. Wonder what he looks like in the 1st and 2nd quarter? Good luck with that.

SAR I[/QUOTE]

We threw on the first play. We ran one reverse and one wildcat. The wildcat was successful. We were effective running the football today. How many times today did we punt?

Again, I agree with your premise that Sanchez is not the culprit here, but I don't know what you want from Schottenheimer. You say you want us to throw more early but our first throw was intercepted and the rest of our offensive drives were fine in the first half.

Veteran
    [QUOTE=SAR I;3357462]Look at the first half of every game we've played this season except the opener at Houston.

You'll see an OC afraid to let his QB control the game. An OC who dicks around with running too much, gadget plays, Wildcat crap, Hermball.

If Sanchez is ALLOWED to play in the first half the way that he's FORCED to play in the second half, we're 6-3 today. How great would Sanchez be lighting it up with a lead instead of being let loose when trailing? It's pathetic that we don't know the answer to that question.

SAR I[/QUOTE]

Okay, I can sort of understand what you're saying here. You say the team "runs too much" but again, the team runs the ball very well, and I doubt that you seriously want that to be abandoned.

You point out that Sanchez seems to do alot better when he's forced to air it out, and the 2H against Miami (both times), and the 2nd half today would seem to back that up.

However, I think you would also have to admit that Sanchez has played horribly at times this season, which would understandable make Schotty nervous and reluctant to start chucking the ball down the field.

So, are you saying you want to have Sanchez just airing the ball out and turning this offense into one more dependent on throwing? What would be your ideal run-pass ratio? Saying you want a pass-first team is completely defensible, but I don't think there are many OCs that would be willing to call for an offense that is pass-first when you have a rookie QB, a very good OL, and a good RB tandem.

Veteran
    [QUOTE=Roger Vick;3357468]That opening play bomb to Cotchery would have been nice too, had it not been underthrown by 10 yards.[/QUOTE]

Exactly. Another very good play call, it just wasn't executed.

the jets offense this year was hastily thrown together. they start a rookie qb. the wrs on opening day were among the worst in football. then cotch goes down, sanchez's only comfortable target. then they get edwards. throw in clowney for a game or two, then remove him. keller disappears in spurts and has bouts with the dropsies. what does everyone expect, perfection? i'm amazed the jets are even in these games. they really have no business scoring 20+ points in these games and losing on the last series.

[QUOTE=SAR I;3357452]My point is that neither INT led to the loss. Neither play was good, neither was excusable, but they were the least of our problems today. The kid brought us back to a 4th quarter lead, just like in Miami, and the D blew it.

SAR I[/QUOTE]
    There were many problems but Sanchez was not the least of our problems. Interceptions and fumbles are game changers. Instead of coming out on a gorgeous fall day in NY and driving the ball down the Jaguars throats like our coach promised on the first drive of the game we get an interception and our QB gets booed as he runs off the field. The Jaguars procede to run it down our throats for a TD and more boos. You don't think that set a tone?

The second interception was just ridiculous. Right into the LBers stomach. Made it a much more dificult catch as he was jumping thinking he would try to bat it down.

Another bad throw that was almost intercepted when Sanchez was throwing the ball away but threw it right at a Jaguar.

You don't think these kinds of plays make a OC gunshy about opening it up?

A loss is never one players fault. It's a team game, but Sanchez was definately a big part of what was wrong with this team today.

Let me ask you this. If the LBer doesn't fall on his face and runs it back for the pick 6 would you then say this loss is on Sanchez?
    Last edited by Queens Jet Fan; 11-15-2009 at 07:18 PM.

[QUOTE=Roger Vick;3357468]That opening play bomb to Cotchery would have been nice too, had it not been underthrown by 10 yards.[/QUOTE]

I agree... Sanchez played worse than his numbers indicate:
    -missed TJ wide open on screen for TD
    -missed Braylon wide open for TD on play action in 2nd qtr
    -missed Braylon wide open on deep corner in 4th qtr (throw was late)
    -threw late and too soft to Braylon on 2 point conversion

He is a rookie and still played well enough for us to win. Defense didin't show up in the first half and I attribute that to them getting too much time off on the bye. The came out flat. Rex blew that one.

How this game is on D'Brick, I have no idea though!

All League
    [QUOTE=SAR I;3357361]Nothing Sanchez did today cost us the game. The two INT's weren't game changers. It's the pressure no-shows on D, his HC, and his OC that bear the brunt of where we are today.

Vacation week? Timeouts? 12 men on the field? Rex.

Sloppy tackling? No impact plays? Inconsistent pressure? Blown coverages? D.

Afraid to go for big plays? Scared of his QB? Predictible playcalling? OC.

Inconsistent pass protection? Mark running for his life on half the plays? Rushing throws? WR's not in the right spot? OL.

Lack of leadership? Lack of passion? Lack of swagger? Fraudbacker.

Mark is not a saint, not completely blameless. But besides the Buffalo debacle and the New Orleans game we weren't winning anyway, he's not done anything to hurt us.

SAR I[/QUOTE]

Gotta agree with you Sar. Good post - Sad but true.

[QUOTE=SAR I;3357473]Here are the 3 Phases Of The Schottenheimer Not-To-Lose Strategy:

If you give credit to Brian for creativity in spots then you have to condemn him for having to be in that position to begin with. [B]We have a great 4th quarter QB.[/B] Wonder what he looks like in the 1st and 2nd quarter? Good luck with that.

SAR I[/QUOTE]
    How exactly is Sanchez a great 4th quarter QB? Do you know that the Jets are next to last (to Buffalo) in the league in scoring in the last 2 minutes of a half?

Lets look at the first Miami game that people say Sanchez did such a great job in the 4th quarter. How did we score our 2 TD?

The first was when Sanchez threw to a very well covered Edwards on the sidelines and he made a circus catch.

The second was when he throw a long pass to Edwards that was not particularly well thrown and there was a bogus pass interference call on him.

Today's 4th quarter drive was mainly featured by good OLine blocking and our running game.

Not enough body of work at all to label Sanchez a GREAT 4th quarter qb.

[QUOTE=avi31884;3357370]Very hard to win on a consistent bases with a 50% passer who throws more interceptions then td's. We have an above avg defense and a below avg offense. Translation? 4-5[/QUOTE]

He's a rookie. He'll be OK.

All this Sanchez lost the game talk?

I must have watched a different game. I thought the Jets were winning 22-21 with 5 minutes to go and Jacksonville 80+ yards away....

And then Mr blabber mouth's vaunted defense lead by Mr. trash talking Bart Scott let the Jags go right down the field..

an above avg defense does not allow a team to go 86 yarsd without burning a time out no less and win a game. this defense is more to blame. the bottom line is Sanchez put this team in position to win and the defense chocked again.above a[QUOTE=avi31884;3357370]Very hard to win on a consistent bases with a 50% passer who throws more interceptions then td's. We have an above avg defense and a below avg offense. Translation? 4-5[/QUOTE]

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    OK I'll give you 1 of the losses on the D....still good with the potential to be great......

the turning point of this game is a defense that lets a team that could not find its way out of a wet paper bag go 85 yards to kick a FG. Allowing a 3-5 and 3-9 conversisions thats the turning point in a nutshell[QUOTE=JStokes;3357432]Gotta say, as much as I love D'Brick (he's still the pick over Leinart, Cutler and Young), that holding penalty was the turning point of the game for me.

We get that first down, we're on a roll and we win.

Sanchez is STILL the man, will be for a decade. :yes:[/QUOTE]

sanchez isn't perfect. but the jets are scoring points and leading with little time left in the 4th quarter. i'll say it again - teams don't win when an offense needs to score 40 points to win b/c the defense will always give up a td on the last possession of the game. it doesn't matter if your qb is peyton manning.

the biggest misconception heading into the season was that the jets had a very talented defense. even with jenkins, there's no pass rushers, and both lito and rhodes are vastly overrated. scott is good, but harris is better b/c he can create an occasional pass rush.