Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: It's NOT Sanchez' Fault, So Get Off Him. Madbacker, Rex, D'Bust, Schott, Start THERE

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sanchez is gonna be like Favre so get used to it.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=WeskerLogan;3359090]Sanchez is gonna be like Favre so get used to it.[/QUOTE]

You mean hold every passing record in the NFL, be a 3 time MVP and a HOFer?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=palmetto defender;3359103]You mean hold every passing record in the NFL, be a 3 time MVP and a HOFer?[/QUOTE]

*Except it will be 5 time MVP

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=WeskerLogan;3359090]Sanchez is gonna be like Favre so get used to it.[/QUOTE]

No he isn't...Favre has a better arm

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Anyone else surprised at ZERO QB Draws? We've been pretty successful running those

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SAR I;3357428]Most of those INT's came in 2 games, the rest weren't so bad.

And any NFL team should be able to overcome an incremental turnover per game, especially a team who supposedly has this "great defense" like the Jets do.

In this case, the stats lie. Brian Schottenheimer is afraid of his QB and we can't blame Sanchez for that. Schott's gameplan is to rope-a-dope until he's forced to open it up and it's that "play not to lose" mentality that's a) causing us to not score enough in the first half and b) making Mark a schitzo mental case.

SAR I[/QUOTE]

weren't so bad??? Are you kidding me. The opening play of the game they "opened it up" and got a bad underthrow.

The strike he threw to Groves should have been a touchdown and it would have sealed the game.

When Chad was here throwing pick 6's it was his fault ... just sayin

You are already setting up the its Schotty's fault if this kid never pans out by saying "Schotty is making Mark a schitzo mental case."

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JStokes;3358930]

Give the kid 3.5 seconds and he'll complete 65% easy.[/QUOTE]
    3.5 seconds? Are you kidding me? This is the NFL. If he gets 3.5 seconds he should do 95% easy.

Did you see the Colts/Pats game last night? No way either guy had 2.5 seconds on most plays and what did they pass for over 600 yards?

The excuses people make on this board for Sanchez is unbelievable. He is just not a very good qb right now. I know he's a rookie but he should be progressing not regressing.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    a bad rookie qb wouldn't lead his team to 20+ points in defeats. a bad rookie qb would be losing 30-7. 31-9. 28-6.

I just don't get why people would rather focus on everything the qb does wrong, rather than all the other errors that contributed to the loss. Sure, the INT at the beginning of the game was bad. But letting Drew go for 55 yards on 5 carries after that was far worse. Then I read today that the defense came out flat. WTF? They had 2 weeks off, coming off embarrassing losses to division rivals, and that's the statement they make? Sanchez is a rookie. What's the defense's excuse for all the missed tackles? Why is Bart Scott's disappearance any more forgivable than a Sanchez pick? Who the heck is the leader of the defense? Where are all the overpaid farts like Rhodes, Scott and Ellis? Why is Rhodes' blunder on the last series of the game less meaningful than an interception?

Every player makes mistakes, especially rookie qbs. But that doesn't mean that every mistake a qb makes will cost a team the game. It's just easier to measure the performance of a qb b/c the statistics are so readily available. But how does one truly evaluate how much all the blunders by each defensive player contributed to the loss?

I see a team that lacks defensive leadership, defensive talent, and overall coaching discipline. The offense is inconsistent but has put up decent points in both miami games and against Jax to win many nfl games. If it isn't the defense blowing it it's special teams or an untimely fumble.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=augustiniak;3359271]a bad rookie qb wouldn't lead his team to 20+ points in defeats. a bad rookie qb would be losing 30-7. 31-9. 28-6.

I just don't get why people would rather focus on everything the qb does wrong, rather than all the other errors that contributed to the loss. Sure, the INT at the beginning of the game was bad. But letting Drew go for 55 yards on 5 carries after that was far worse. Then I read today that the defense came out flat. WTF? They had 2 weeks off, coming off embarrassing losses to division rivals, and that's the statement they make? Sanchez is a rookie. What's the defense's excuse for all the missed tackles? Why is Bart Scott's disappearance any more forgivable than a Sanchez pick? Who the heck is the leader of the defense? Where are all the overpaid farts like Rhodes, Scott and Ellis? Why is Rhodes' blunder on the last series of the game less meaningful than an interception?

Every player makes mistakes, especially rookie qbs. But that doesn't mean that every mistake a qb makes will cost a team the game. It's just easier to measure the performance of a qb b/c the statistics are so readily available. But how does one truly evaluate how much all the blunders by each defensive player contributed to the loss?

I see a team that lacks defensive leadership, defensive talent, and overall coaching discipline. The offense is inconsistent but has put up decent points in both miami games and against Jax to win many nfl games. If it isn't the defense blowing it it's special teams or an untimely fumble.[/QUOTE]
    We have an extremely talented offense. Our OL is one of the best in the league. We have the leagues leading rushing attack. Especially now with Edwards our receivers are first rate.

So you want to give big props to Sanchez for us scoring 20 points with the talent we have around him? Yes there are other factors besides him that has us at 4-5 but if you could pick one position on this team that would make the most difference I believe that most would agree that would be at qb.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Queens Jet Fan;3359278]We have an extremely talented offense. Our OL is one of the best in the league. We have the leagues leading rushing attack. Especially now with Edwards our receivers are first rate.

So you want to give big props to Sanchez for us scoring 20 points with the talent we have around him? Yes there are other factors besides him that has us at 4-5 but if you could pick one position on this team that would make the most difference I believe that most would agree that would be at qb.[/QUOTE]

+1

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Queens Jet Fan;3359278]We have an extremely talented offense. Our OL is one of the best in the league. We have the leagues leading rushing attack. Especially now with Edwards our receivers are first rate.

So you want to give big props to Sanchez for us scoring 20 points with the talent we have around him? Yes there are other factors besides him that has us at 4-5 but if you could pick one position on this team that would make the most difference I believe that most would agree that would be at qb.[/QUOTE]

Well, Edwards fumbled a critical bomb (and a great throw by Sanchez) and also dropped a 2-point conversion that most #1 wrs in the NFL would catch. Sanchez kept running around in the pocket when protections broke down as well. And I think it's very important to remember that you're talking about a rookie qb here. I think way too much is expected of him in year 1. People may say that since he's the starter he's not subject to any astericks, but hey, he's still a rookie, and if the coach starts a rookie, that's what you can expect. The whole reason the team thought they could win this year was b/c the defense could hold its own and the running game would drive the offense. Instead, the defense falters at critical junctures, and the offense has been forced to throw the ball to regain leads.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    sanchez is not blameless but vs. jax and at mia he gave the defense the lead late in the 4th and they gave it up both times...everyone is to blame...the coaching, the d..sanchez..etc...

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sanchez should not be playing