Thread: Pass Rush From Lineman

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Pass Rush From Lineman

Its amazing. Ryan got those wins by blitzing like a maniac. At the onset he realized that his front four could put no pressure on the opposing QB. Now, he is coaching scared. He is actually expecting his horrible Defensive line to put pressure on the QB. Gerrard, not exactly Peyton, had all the time in the world to throw.

Fat boy-----you aint the gun slinger you made us believe you were.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=rextilleon;3357653]Its amazing. Ryan got those wins by blitzing like a maniac. At the onset he realized that his front four could put no pressure on the opposing QB. Now, he is coaching scared. He is actually expecting his horrible Defensive line to put pressure on the QB. Gerrard, not exactly Peyton, had all the time in the world to throw.

Fat boy-----you aint the gun slinger you made us believe you were.[/QUOTE]

+1

I'll agree with you on this one! Big time!

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=rextilleon;3357653]Its amazing. Ryan got those wins by blitzing like a maniac. At the onset he realized that his front four could put no pressure on the opposing QB. Now, he is coaching scared. He is actually expecting his horrible Defensive line to put pressure on the QB. Gerrard, not exactly Peyton, had all the time in the world to throw.

Fat boy-----you aint the gun slinger you made us believe you were.[/QUOTE]

The blitz looked a lot more effective the first 3 games because Kris Jenkins was fresh and a beast. He was constantly getting doubled and it opened up lanes for our blitzers.

If Rex had a better D-line to work with his blitz would still be working.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=VincenzoTestaverde;3357698]The blitz looked a lot more effective the first 3 games because Kris Jenkins was fresh and a beast. He was constantly getting doubled and it opened up lanes for our blitzers.

If Rex had a better D-line to work with his blitz would still be working.[/QUOTE]

Agreed.

Drafting another NT seems to be more realistic with every passing week.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have to disagree--one players absence should not dictate the defensive philosophy. In fact, the case could be made that when Jenkins, who could penetrate, went down, more blitzes were called for to get SOME pressure on the QB.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=VincenzoTestaverde;3357698]The blitz looked a lot more effective the first 3 games because Kris Jenkins was fresh and a beast. He was constantly getting doubled and it opened up lanes for our blitzers.

If Rex had a better D-line to work with his blitz would still be working.[/QUOTE]

I think after a few games opposing teams then had game tapes of the blitzes and chances to prepare for them

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Vinnie Testa--I will agree, besides Jenkins, this D-Line is not very good.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=John_0515;3357709]Agreed.

Drafting another NT seems to be more realistic with every passing week.[/QUOTE]

We need to get another NT in a bad way this off-season.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=rextilleon;3357726]Vinnie Testa--I will agree, besides Jenkins, this D-Line is not very good.[/QUOTE]

Anyone who watches this team knows the DL is the weak link in this team.

Game is won and lost in the trenches and the Jets have nothing on the DL.

The front office has obsessed with offensive skill guys the last 2 years and done nothing on the line. How are those ticket sales going guys?

They bring in backers and Rex's guys, but eventually blitzes are getting picked up and the Line does not hold the line of scrimmage on runs or create pressure on the QB.

By now Ryan should know what Tanny is blind to:

Jenkins is injury prone and will never give you a full season or game.
    Ellis is a sloth who's done nothing since he's had a healthy Abraham on the line.
    Thomas is one dimensional and can't stop the run.
    Pouha, Green and Devito are nothing more than component rotation guys.

[B]This whole unit needs to be rebuilt. Win the battle on the defensive line and the defense will be much better.
    [/B]
    Oh and Rhodes is an overrated chatter box.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

...Or Rex sucks like the last guy who had a good D going until Jenkins got hurt.

But I agree with you. Just think it's funny how this whole thing works. Rex still has 2 years to fall to the point where that post I'm quoting gets written in a whole different way.

I want to sign Anthony Montgomery away from the Redskins and start him at DE. Then draft Oghobaase/Jones/Odrick/Fitzgerald/Deaderick/Thomas/Cody/Williams/Robinson/Houston/Udofia/Someone or two for further depth.

I like DeVito quite a bit, and Pito has looked alright in a meager amount of snaps. Life after Jenkins is already in the making if they do it right, which I think/hope they will.
    Last edited by Chica me Tipo; 11-16-2009 at 01:21 AM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    :yes:[QUOTE=Chica me Tipo;3358529]...Or Rex sucks like the last guy who had a good D going until Jenkins got hurt.

But I agree with you. Just think it's funny how this whole thing works. Rex still has 2 years to fall to the point where that post I'm quoting gets written in a whole different way.

I want to sign Anthony Montgomery away from the Redskins and start him at DE. Then draft Oghobaase/Jones/Odrick/Fitzgerald/Deaderick/Thomas/Cody/Williams/Robinson/Houston/Udofia/Someone or two for further depth.

I like DeVito quite a bit, and Pito has looked alright in a meager amount of snaps. Life after Jenkins is already in the making if they do it right, which I think/hope they will.[/QUOTE]

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Peebag;3358672]:yes:[/QUOTE]

Well thank you sir.

I'm still lawling at the line...it just really shows the hypocripsy of the fanbase Rex is working with/for.

Our need at DE >>>>> Our need at NT.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Clearly the most weakest link of their defense. They do not have one bonafide pass rusher on their DL. Their best pass rushing players are Calvin Pace and David Harris. I am not a big fan of Bryan Thomas. He is ok vs run but clearly nothing special. Kind of shows how bad a pick Gholston has been. If he can't take playing time away from B.Thomas, then he really must stink. Ellis is their only Pass Rush DE. He is not the player he once was. Devito is a nice role player, but that is it. Jenkins is a pro bowl player, but is really a force against run. I don't think at his age or weight, he could be counted on for Pass Rush.

be interesting to see offseason. I'd expect a lot of changes there next year