Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: So many Jets fans suck.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=32green;3357844]The crowd showed up today.

[B]Someone call me when the team does.
    [/B]
    :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]
    How about Twitter? Do you Twitter?

The kids today are twittering. I wish they were twackling.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I had to yell at a guy behind me because he kept getting up to cheer for the team when we were on O and when no one else got up he called all jet fans "pussies" and with 3 little kids sitting around us.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    of course....

sorry, but there will 80,000 full seats in the new stadium, hopefully not including too many of the "same old jet fans" who all left in the middle of the third quarter today after booing for the first half and sitting on their hands for the third quarter

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sg3;3357978]and sitting on their hands for the third quarter[/QUOTE]

You mean the Jets?:rolleyes:

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    of course

everything is terrible.... Maybe you should become a Patriot fan where things are better

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=WestCoastOffensive;3357974]How about Twitter? Do you Twitter?

The kids today are twittering. I wish they were twackling.[/QUOTE]

There were no missed twitters that I could see. THe twackling.....well........

Twouble.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sg3;3357998]of course

everything is terrible.... Maybe you should become a Patriot fan where things are better[/QUOTE]

Lol.

The fans were fine, the Jets had a meh game. It happens.

A lot.

I just dont like to see the fans who bothered to spend 10-12 hours of their day engaged in this process, harpooned, when the team they invested their day with put forth a pretty lackluster effort in what could turn out to be the turning point of the season, is all.

Is turning into a Patriots fan when things go bad common in your parts, btw? Thats an odd remark.

:dunno:

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sg3;3357951]fortunately most of these turds won't be there next season[/QUOTE]

You really think it will change? There are a ton of new people at the stadium this year that were on the waitlist who are likely in the new stadium next year. Its not like there is this giant influx of completely new fans just waiting to explode. I know for the Yankees felt as if they lost a little something in their new stadium most of the year. I think the bottom line is if you give the Jets fans something to cheer about they will stay. When you fall apart year after year the fans leave. New stadium or not that will stay the same.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have come to the conclusion that Jet fans do for the most part suck. Bunch of complainers and don't really know much about football. At least that goes for the people seated around me. I could understand being impatient with the D, we all expected better, but booing a rookie QB is just friggin' ridiculous. Nothing like spending an entire game listening to so-called "fans" mock our own team.

I got the feeling the crowd sensed the importance of this game, but there was also a nasty undercurrent to it. It made being at the game even harder than it already was with the way the team was playing.

Unfortunately the team is doing nothing to help matters right now.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Colemonster;3358077]I got the feeling the crowd sensed the importance of this game, but there was also a nasty undercurrent to it. It made being at the game even harder than it already was with the way the team was playing.

Unfortunately the team is doing nothing to help matters right now.[/QUOTE]

Did you ever consider that perhaps the fans, knowing the importance of the game, were sensing that the team was mailing it in, hence the undercurrent?

And I still think they were loud and supportive today.

I didnt see a team playing at a high level today.

I give the fans B+ and the team a b- sliding into a c with the performance of the "D" in the 4th qtr. crunch time, very reminisent of the Giants melt down last week.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Colemonster;3358077]I have come to the conclusion that Jet fans do for the most part suck. Bunch of complainers and don't really know much about football. At least that goes for the people seated around me. I could understand being impatient with the D, we all expected better, but booing a rookie QB is just friggin' ridiculous. Nothing like spending an entire game listening to so-called "fans" mock our own team.

I got the feeling the crowd sensed the importance of this game, but there was also a nasty undercurrent to it. It made being at the game even harder than it already was with the way the team was playing.

Unfortunately the team is doing nothing to help matters right now.[/QUOTE]

I don't disagree with anything you wrote here (with the exception of not knowing much about football). But given the uniquely disastifying experience of being a Jets fan for the last 15, 20, 30 years... do you really expect people to act differently?

I mean, this is always the same movie. Always. Wouldn't the fans be just stupid to be blind faith believers?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=32green;3358094]Did you ever consider that perhaps the fans, knowing the importance of the game, were sensing that the team was mailing it in, hence the undercurrent?

And I still think they were loud and supportive today.

I didnt see a team playing at a high level today.

I give the fans B+ and the team a b- sliding into a c with the performance of the "D" in the 4th qtr. crunch time, very reminisent of the Giants melt down last week.[/QUOTE]

Yeah. That what was pretty much the impression I got. Crowd was very impatient, which is understandable, but my complaint doesn't only pertain to this game. I've been going to games for years and I think the attitude of some of my fellow fans is just finally starting to wear on me.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Traitor Jay & the Woodies;3358102]I don't disagree with anything you wrote here (with the exception of not knowing much about football). But given the uniquely disastifying experience of being a Jets fan for the last 15, 20, 30 years... do you really expect people to act differently?

I mean, this is always the same movie. Always. Wouldn't the fans be just stupid to be blind faith believers?[/QUOTE]

As I said in my post above - I understand it, I'm just getting tired of it. We're all getting sick of the way things are, I suppose. The lack of football knowledge of some people shows though, in the way they heckle a rookie QB who is actually playing relatively well given the circumstances. Not everyone of course, but there certainly do seem to be a lot of dolts in the crowd, especially lately.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Colemonster;3358105]Yeah. That what was pretty much the impression I got. Crowd was very impatient, which is understandable, but my complaint doesn't only pertain to this game. I've been going to games for years and I think the attitude of some of my fellow fans is just finally starting to wear on me.[/QUOTE]

I hear you, I do. There is a definite element that behaves like they were walking by the stadium and were handed free "game show" tickets and went in for the goof.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=32green;3358119]I hear you, I do. There is a definite element that behaves like they were walking by the stadium and were handed free "game show" tickets and went in for the goof.[/QUOTE]

Could it be because of the problems the Jets had selling out the season tickets this year? Seems like the crowd around me changes every week, way moreso than I remember in past years. Not a lot of season ticket holders around me.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    It looked like 1/4 of the stadium left WHEN THE JETS GOT THE 1 POINT LEAD.

Why!?!?

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=CV 40;3358404]It looked like 1/4 of the stadium left WHEN THE JETS GOT THE 1 POINT LEAD.

Why!?!?[/QUOTE]

Why didnt the vaunted Rex "D" hold?

Because some people left?:rolleyes:

The problem was on the field, not in the stands.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Because the Jets D holding and people leaving have any link at all? No that's not what I said.

I'm wondering why those people left a 1 point game with 4 minutes left. It doesn't make any sense to me.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=CV 40;3358424]Because the Jets D holding and people leaving have any link at all? No that's not what I said.

I'm wondering why those people left a 1 point game with 4 minutes left. It doesn't make any sense to me.[/QUOTE]

Because perhaps they have been attending for 20 years and know that 4 minutes might save them 45-60 minutes commute time on a three hour trip after being "at the game" for 7 hours already......I dunno, they hate to win?

:coocoo::dunno:

Veteran
    North Shore of Long Island. East Setauket
    Post Thanks / Like
    phuck that half the fans are worried about post game tailgaiting where is every rushing to...you are phucking tailgaiting...stay the whole game cheer and be loud instead while watching the game the only time the stadium was loud was in the fourth quarter hoping for a stop when we had a 1 point lead half the fans are not even....sorry to say SOJ but its actually SOF Same Old Fans complaining and wanting change ....the D didnt play well in the end but the crowd sucked and should be ashamed.....i didnt need to be there to see that...