Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: So many Jets fans suck.

The crowd has actually been good this year compared to years past. I don't know why all these threads are coming up now. The team looks like **** right now, what can you expect?

There are idiots in every fanbase. For instance, look at the Patriot gene pool we're fortunate enough to deal with on a bi-hourly basis.
    :cool:;)

All Pro
    [QUOTE=32green;3357844]The crowd showed up today.

Someone call me when the team does.

:rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

Exactly

Jets Insider VIP
    the facts are we have some of the worst fans in the league sitting in that stadium most weeks. Booing from the opening kickoff (or from the middle of the second quarter when they finally arrive, totally sloshed from their tailgates), sitting on their hands most of the time and then leaving for more beer at the end of the third quarter.

fortunately, based on an informal poll I have taken this season, most have not signed up for next season in the new stadium and will be replaced by Jet fans who are more interested in watching a football game than in loading up on alcohol

All Pro
    [QUOTE=sg3;3358664]the facts are we have some of the worst fans in the league sitting in that stadium most weeks. Booing from the opening kickoff (or from the middle of the second quarter when they finally arrive, totally sloshed from their tailgates), sitting on their hands most of the time and then leaving for more beer at the end of the third quarter.

fortunately, based on an informal poll I have taken this season, most have not signed up for next season in the new stadium and will be replaced by Jet fans who are more interested in watching a football game than in loading up on alcohol[/QUOTE]

?

Jets Insider VIP
    just keep following your three step plan, dirtbag

and nothing that happens in the stadium will involve you.

I'm with you, pal

stay away from the next game

and EVERY GAME THEREAFTER

do it, baby

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

[QUOTE=BigJet85;3358451]phuck that half the fans are worried about post game tailgaiting where is every rushing to...you are phucking tailgaiting...stay the whole game cheer and be loud instead while watching the game the only time the stadium was loud was in the fourth quarter hoping for a stop when we had a 1 point lead half the fans are not even....sorry to say SOJ but its actually SOF Same Old Fans complaining and wanting change ....the D didnt play well in the end [B]but the crowd sucked and should be ashamed.....i didnt need to be there to see that...[/B][/QUOTE]

The crowd sucked? you obviously weren't at the game, because you have no idea what you are talking about. Yes, some people left. That happens. They showed up to support their team more than you did - you watched from the couch. You judging people for leaving without knowing their situation is as stupid as me judging you for "not being a fan" for not showing up at the game.

And the people leaving weren't the problem. The Jets had their 12th man yesterday....the joint was loud. After the kneel down, the fans left en masse. Before then, they were supporting the team just fine.

Jets Insider VIP
    disagree

They showed up halfway through the first quarter and about a third of them left when the Jets went ahead by one point with 5:02 left

I'm no Giant fan, but IN THE SAME STADIUM, their fans are there and loud for the introductions, the opening kickoff and about 90 percent stay to the end, win or lose.

Hopefully things will be better in the new place when fans who really care and have put their money where their mouth is as Jet fans show up to root for their team

Veteran
    I have been among the harshest critics of the crowd at the Meadowlands over the years. I accused them of showing up late, not making anywhere near enough noise, and leaving early. However, I am just starting to understand that the human heart and mind can only take so much. Anyone with a significant emotional investment in this team eventually hits their breaking point and becomes somewhat numb. The last three home games were especially brutal. I would have been tempted to leave early myself. I am officially changing my position.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

+1:yes:

[QUOTE=32green;3358412]Why didnt the vaunted Rex "D" hold?

Because some people left?:rolleyes:

[B]The problem was on the field, not in the stands[/B].[/QUOTE]

this is the key 32...the team should be able to play in an empty stadium and still perform at a high level. i will admit, its great to hear the stadium fired up and the crowd going crazy but this should not affect the players. i dont need 80,000 people to cheer me on when i arrive at my office each morning but yet i still manage to do my job....rex and the boys have to find a way to play football and execute and worry less about the fans

How dare any fan, anyone with a paid admission to the stadium yesterday have the balls to get up and leave when they wanted to. Effin unbelievable.

The team look dejected when Sal from Sayville and Pete from Patchogue got up for section 313 and headed for the exit with 5 minutes left. Anyone know these bums? know where they live? They freaking cost the Jets the game yesterday. Can we start a petition or something to lock down the stadium next time so these few effers don't blow the game for us next time?

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=BigJet85;3358451]phuck that half the fans are worried about post game tailgaiting where is every rushing to...you are phucking tailgaiting...stay the whole game cheer and be loud instead while watching the game the only time the stadium was loud was in the fourth quarter hoping for a stop when we had a 1 point lead half the fans are not even....sorry to say SOJ but its actually SOF Same Old Fans complaining and wanting change ....the D didnt play well in the end but the crowd sucked and should be ashamed.....i didnt need to be there to see that...[/QUOTE]

How many games have you attended this season? How many times have you bought tickets off the ticket forum at or below face value?

Veteran

You nailed it

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

We showed up and did what Rex asked of us. Some folks left early but the stadium was still loud. This isn't on the fans.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=SackDancer99;3357901]Go to a New Orleans game and you'll witness what a crowd should be like.

The fact that New England game was soo much louder than any other game is pathetic. No reason it can't be like that all the time.[/QUOTE]

Go to New Orleans and see a 9-0 team. This was yet another beatable team that we ended up beating ourselves. I stayed until the end and you know what I would have been better off leaving early.
    Rex asked us to show up and we did. We where loud and then boom, INT, boom MJD on the ground TD. Hey Rex how about telling your guys to actually sack the QB!!!

[QUOTE=shakin318;3357818]Absolutely could not believe it today. The Jets score a TD to come within 5 points with 14 minutes left in the 4th quarter, and people start leaving the stadium. One jerkoff in the row in front of me high-fives the regulars next to him and says "made it to the end of the third quarter, that's a record" while laughing about it.

A 5-point game and a whole quarter left and people are leaving. Unf--kingbelievable.

Some of us "fans" deserve all the sh-t the Jets pile upon us year after year.[/QUOTE]

Maybe the guy knows a losing uninspired football team when he sees one & you are just nearsighted.:yes:

Practice Squad
    i haven't missed a game in 15 years, and not once have i put my focus on anything but the product on the field.

if you're worried about a franchise's "fanbase," you should probably just go watch soccer already.

[QUOTE=32green;3358119]I hear you, I do. There is a definite element that behaves like they were walking by the stadium and were handed free [B] "game show" tickets and went in for the goof.[/QUOTE][/B]

A Jet game is a goof! Between gate D, paper airplanes, swamps of Jersey and lousy football it's like walking into a Geico Caveman commercial without the humor.

[QUOTE=shakin318;3357818]Absolutely could not believe it today. The Jets score a TD to come within 5 points with 14 minutes left in the 4th quarter, and people start leaving the stadium. One jerkoff in the row in front of me high-fives the regulars next to him and says "made it to the end of the third quarter, that's a record" while laughing about it.

A 5-point game and a whole quarter left and people are leaving. Unf--kingbelievable.

Some of us "fans" deserve all the sh-t the Jets pile upon us year after year.[/QUOTE]

Excellent post.

As the years have gone by I have observed a few things about the AVERAGE jets fan at the stadium.

1. there are a lot of empty seats as the game is about to kick. There is no doubt that the extra security and traffic accounts for some of this but not all. There are a ton of fans drinking in the parking lot instead of heading into the stadium for the start of the game. Its much more important to get trashed then to be in the seats for kickoff. The lack of energy in the stadium for most of the games is real and looks awful on TV too.

2. the Jets fans that attend the games have changed over the years. The real strong jets fan who sat in the cold at Shea is not the same fan as what we now have in these Giants stadium seats. Many of those old fans from Shea have stopped going for many reasons, including the drive from their homes to the stadium.

But the bottom line to me is this; [B]This generation of fans are simply not as good of football fans....period.[/B] They yell and scream when the Jets offense is on the field, don't show when the weather is bad and would rather be home watching the game on their flat screen. They did not cut their teeth in the winds of Shea Stadium.

Leon Hess hurt this franchise by selling out the fans for clean bathrooms in Jersey. And as the fans that went to Shea continue to get older and more jaded with prices and PSLs they will eventually stop going to the meadowlands all together. The fans that replace them will not remind anyone of the fans in Green Bay or Denver.