Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just When You Think It Can't Get Any Worse...

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like

Just When You Think It Can't Get Any Worse...

[url]http://www.boston.com/business/articles/2009/11/15/kellogg_predicts_eggo_waffle_shortage_next_year/[/url]

Kellogg predicts Eggo waffle shortage next year

ATLANTA - Kellogg Co., the largest US maker of breakfast cereals, says flooding at an Atlanta facility and faulty equipment under repair at a Tennessee factory will cause Eggo waffle shortages through the middle of next year.

The scarcity was triggered by September’s floods in the Southeastern United States, which temporarily closed the Atlanta factory, as well as by equipment problems at the company’s largest waffle plant, in Rossville, Tenn., spokeswoman Kris Charles said yesterday in an e-mail.

“We are working around the clock to restore Eggo store inventories to normal levels as quickly as possible,’’ Charles said in the e-mail.

Kellogg said it doesn’t expect the shortage to have a “material impact’’ on earnings. The Battle Creek, Mich.-based company does not provide sales figures for specific brands.

The temporary supply disruption contributed to the 3 percent sales decline in the North American frozen and specialty channels unit last quarter, Kellogg chief executive oficer David Mackay said on an Oct. 29 earnings conference call.

Kellogg rose 41 cents to $53.37 at 4 p.m. in New York Stock Exchange composite trading yesterday.

The shares have gained 22 percent this year.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    My kid's gonna become anorexic if he don't get his waffles.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Post Thanks / Like
    This stupid country and its whole stupid sucky military/industrial complex blows chunks.

CHunks is my dog.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    This Is the worst day of my life

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Dimitri_0515;3357936]This Is the worst day of my life[/QUOTE]

Looks like it's back to Fiber One for breakfast.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    NOOOO... Leggo My Eggo.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=NYJCAP2;3357961]Looks like it's back to Fiber One for breakfast.[/QUOTE]

Man that stuff moves the freight. I'm lucky if I have enough time to get the bowl in the dishwasher before I have to take a crap.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=NYJCAP2;3357961]Looks like it's back to Fiber One for breakfast.[/QUOTE]

Ever try Kashi? Its like eating sticks and twigs.

Bewildered Beast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Maybe this post belongs in the Markets thread, but this was stupid of Kelloggs to publish this...there are plenty of waffle makers all over, with plently of help. Trader Joe gets his waffles from Sufartic Jews in South Dakota. So, if you can go without a name brand, then...things look good for you. Stores will be contacting the distributors of those products.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=WestCoastOffensive;3358107]Maybe this post belongs in the Markets thread, but this was stupid of Kelloggs to publish this...there are plenty of waffle makers all over, with plently of help. Trader Joe gets his waffles from Sufartic Jews in South Dakota. So, if you can go without a name brand, then...things look good for you. Stores will be contacting the distributors of those products.[/QUOTE]

You could really run a whole tail gate off of Sufartic waffles alone.

Two Dakotan Sufartic Jewish bakers, a keg and a spliff-ridden bio-domish Jet-tent.

16 haightch

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=chirorob;3358054]Man that stuff moves the freight. I'm lucky if I have enough time to get the bowl in the dishwasher before I have to take a crap.[/QUOTE]

Lol, I like that saying. But I only brought it up because Dimitri had the same episode in a thread a couple weeks ago.

[QUOTE=FF2®;3358059]Ever try Kashi? Its like eating sticks and twigs.[/QUOTE]

Never heard of it, what is it?

no berries?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=NYJCAP2;3358202]Lol, I like that saying. But I only brought it up because Dimitri had the same episode in a thread a couple weeks ago.[/QUOTE]

Please... I threw the box out after it happened. In fact just thinking about it gave me the squirts. Be right back

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Eggos and Doots. Best Hampur Thread Ever!! :hump:

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=chirorob;3358054]Man that stuff moves the freight. I'm lucky if I have enough time to get the bowl in the dishwasher before I have to take a crap.[/QUOTE]

LOL!

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=32green;3358146]You could really run a whole tail gate off of Sufartic waffles alone.

Two Dakotan Sufartic Jewish bakers, a keg and a spliff-ridden bio-domish Jet-tent.

16 haightch[/QUOTE]

Yeah but Eggos got "Leggo My Eggo!"

The Sulfuric Jews need a catch phrase.

"What? So you should steal my waffle you filthy goyum?"

See? Not as good for the little ones.

Hall Of Fame
    home of the hot guy in my avatar.. oh baby!
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JStokes;3357900]My kid's gonna become anorexic if he don't get his waffles.[/QUOTE]
    that sounds like my two kids. guess they will have to deal with cereal then ;)

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=FF2®;3358831]The Sulfuric Jews need a catch phrase.

"What? So you should steal my waffle you filthy goyum?"

See? Not as good for the little ones.[/QUOTE]

How bout "would it kill you to buy these Waffles?" and then have this guy:dunno: dressed as a Surfantic Jew on the package.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=32green;3358874]How bout "would it kill you to buy these Waffles?" and then have this guy:dunno: dressed as a Surfantic Jew on the package.[/QUOTE]

Much better.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks to you I had to purchase 6 freezers to house 287 boxes of waffles (It's all Costco had left)

Here we are, nearly 9 months later and I have 282 boxes of waffles remaining.

So much for selling these things on Ebay.

I thought you Jews were on point with your investment analysis?

Dick.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Revi$_I$l@nd;3668923]Thanks to you I had to purchase 6 freezers to house 287 boxes of waffles (It's all Costco had left)

Here we are, nearly 9 months later and I have 282 boxes of waffles remaining.

So much for selling these things on Ebay.

I thought you Jews were on point with your investment analysis?

Dick.[/QUOTE]

Son of a *****. When I went today they said they were all out. :steamin: