View Poll Results: Of all the misery, which one is the most miserable (to this point at least)?

Voters
72. You may not vote on this poll
  • Saints - first loss after 3-0 start

1 1.39%
  • Miami - Defense folds to the Wildcat, lose in final minute

18 25.00%
  • Buffalo - Sanchez implodes, OT loss to bad team

20 27.78%
  • Miami - The Ted Ginn show

26 36.11%
  • Jacksonville - After bye week and with 4-4 optimism, fold in final minute again

7 9.72%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Most painful loss this year?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

Most painful loss this year?

Which one?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Buffalo. That game was beyond nauseating.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Buffalo

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Post Thanks / Like
    The first one. Those guys...who were they....I'll think of it, but that one sucked, it was worse than the guys today with the different color uniforms...from another State...I'll think of it, which sucked too

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    The first Miami game seemed to sting the most for me.

Buffalo game was the worst in a different kind of way. That was just a horrible game in general. Brutal to watch.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    They were all pretty disgusting to be honest.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    This thread is equivalent to picking a scab and having it start bleading all over again.

I'd go with the MNF game against the Phins. Because that's when I really thought we were good.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=DevsJetsYanks88;3358457][B]The first Miami game seemed to sting the most for me. [/B]
    Buffalo game was the worst in a different kind of way. That was just a horrible game in general. Brutal to watch.[/QUOTE]

How the 1st Miami game? The Jets were fortunate to be in that game. If not for a couple of really questionable calls against the Phins, it might have been a thorough beating. At least to me, a painful loss is a game you should have won. I admit I was stunned at how easily they moved the ball but the Phins deserved to win that night, it didn't "sting" a bit.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    The second Miami game gets a slight edge over the Buffalo game for me.

A) I hate Miami
    B) It was a revenge game
    C) We needed it to have a winning record going into the bye and a strong shot at the playoffs
    D) I hate Miami
    E) We completely dominated them in every phase of the game but special teams
    F) I hate Miami

I'd rank them:

1. Second Miami Game
    2. Buffalo Game
    3. First Miami Game
    4. Jags Game
    5. Saints Game

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=NYJCAP2;3358460]This thread is equivalent to picking a scab and having it start bleading all over again.

I'd go with the MNF game against the Phins. Because that's when I really thought we were good.[/QUOTE]

Great point. That was my second choice and, similarly, I was hugely disappointed that the D couldn't stop the Wildcat after Rex's previous success against it.

But, I voted for the 2nd Miami game. We corrected our mistakes and lost a very winnable game against a decent team because of Special Teams....and we almost NEVER lose because of a Westhoff coached Special Teams unit. Both the D and the O did enough to win that game.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Losing those games to the Phins is still killing me:steamin:

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=RoadFan;3358464]How the 1st Miami game? The Jets were fortunate to be in that game. If not for a couple of really questionable calls against the Phins, it might have been a thorough beating. At least to me, a painful loss is a game you should have won. I admit I was stunned at how easily they moved the ball but the Phins deserved to win that night, it didn't "sting" a bit.[/QUOTE]

Like someone else said, at that point I really felt this team was for real and fully believed the Jets would win that game. I was expecting the Jets to come out firing after that loss in New Orleans and have a great bounce back effort. It had a lot more to do with my mind set, rather than the actual game. Plus, it's still a last second loss. Obviously all the losses kill, but I've become more numb to it after each bad loss.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    The second Miami game.

If you looked just at the stats, you'd have guessed the Jets won big. They had something like 378 total yards to 104, as I recall. They dominated on both sides of the ball and in time of possession.

Take Ginn out of the game and it's a laugher [I]for [/I]the Jets, not [I]on[/I] the Jets.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=BlackBear83;3358590]The second Miami game.

If you looked just at the stats, you'd have guessed the Jets won big. They had something like 378 total yards to 104, as I recall. They dominated on both sides of the ball and in time of possession.

Take [B]Ginn[/B] out of the game and it's a laugher [I]for [/I]the Jets, not [I]on[/I] the Jets.[/QUOTE]

of all people :bangwall:

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Megalomaniac;3358593]of all people :bangwall:[/QUOTE]

Got that right...

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    The second Miami game! :baghead:

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    can you put a selection that says "every loss":(

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think my vote has to go to the Patriots for pissing away a 13 point lead with four minutes to go and especially that incredibly arrogant call by Beliboob to go for it on fourth and two on the 28.

Fun to watch the arrogant cheating POS run off the field again, Superbowl style after his coaching cost his team a game they couldn't possibly lose

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=DevsJetsYanks88;3358584]Like someone else said, at that point I really felt this team was for real and fully believed the Jets would win that game. I was expecting the Jets to come out firing after that loss in New Orleans and have a great bounce back effort. It had a lot more to do with my mind set, rather than the actual game. Plus, it's still a last second loss. [B]Obviously all the losses kill, but I've become more numb to it after each bad loss[/B].[/QUOTE]

I can really identify with that statement. I am finally starting to not let this team drain me so much anymore.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=RoadFan;3358686]I can really identify with that statement. I am finally starting to not let this team drain me so much anymore.[/QUOTE]

We're like battered wives around here.