View Poll Results: Of all the misery, which one is the most miserable (to this point at least)?

Voters
72. You may not vote on this poll
  • Saints - first loss after 3-0 start

1 1.39%
  • Miami - Defense folds to the Wildcat, lose in final minute

18 25.00%
  • Buffalo - Sanchez implodes, OT loss to bad team

20 27.78%
  • Miami - The Ted Ginn show

26 36.11%
  • Jacksonville - After bye week and with 4-4 optimism, fold in final minute again

7 9.72%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Most painful loss this year?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    - Buffalo - Most painful to watch?
    - Miami at home - Painful as far as it's going to hurt getting beat by the Dolphins twice

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's almost unbelievable that we've had four losses this unbelievably painful in the past five weeks. I don't really count the New Orleans game because they're a really good, undefeated team. I didn't really expect us to beat them and we put up a decent fight.

My vote for most painful was the MNF @ Miami. At that point, my expectations were still high. I thought our defense had turned a corner and was finally going to be vaunted. Instead, we get torn up by the Wildcat. Yet we still have a chance to win...just stop Miami at the end of the game. One play to win a game...can't do it.

That was when I knew this Jets team was no different. At the time that opinion would have been bashed but in the back of my mind, I knew it. By the next week against Buffalo it was still a little bit painful but more just disgust. Then, the Ted Ginn game was just all disgust. As was yesterday's against Jacksonville.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetstream23;3358445]Which one?[/QUOTE]

[B][SIZE="6"]ALL and it only gets better with our "MUST WIN" games the NY Tweeters manage to lose..... [/SIZE][/B]

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Flagman5A;3359205][B][SIZE="6"]ALL and it only gets better with our "MUST WIN" games the NY Tweeters manage to lose..... [/SIZE][/B][/QUOTE]

Have to get a sign into the next game and get the chant going...

[B]T
    W
    E
    E
    T

Tweet!
    Tweet!!
    Tweet!!![/B]

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetstream23;3358467]Great point. That was my second choice and, similarly, I was hugely disappointed that the D couldn't stop the Wildcat after Rex's previous success against it.

But, I voted for the 2nd Miami game. We corrected our mistakes and lost a very winnable game against a decent team because of Special Teams....and we almost NEVER lose because of a Westhoff coached Special Teams unit. Both the D and the O did enough to win that game.[/QUOTE]

There is obviously no wrong answer here.

Coming off a loss to a good team (NO), then coming in against the Phins who are starting basically a rookie QB, we still felt like a good team. But the MNF game for me because Steve Young said it best. The Jet's kept taking the lead and it was then you thought.. Okay, they are safe now they got the lead for good. Only to give it right back. And then to see the clutch plays Miami made to take the lead, was like a dagger through the heart.

In the second game after Ginn's first TD I wasn't surprised to see that dope go deep again, I had to laugh to my self followed by a face palm!

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Easy for me, MNF @ Miami.

For pretty much the same reasons as others have mentioned...

I foolishly believed that we still had a strong enough team to contend at that point. Although Miami played a great game and probably deserved to win on the night, we managed to put ourselves in two potential game-winning situations in the 4th quarter. When we found the go-ahead score to lead 27-24 with 5 mins left, I said to myself that our subsequent defensive stand would demonstrate whether the 2009 Jets were legitimate contenders or just the latest painful variation of the 'same Ol Jets' (a description I hate, but largely because it holds a lot of merit).

We all saw what happened next? The Dolphins and Chad Henne embarrassed our defense by waltzing down the field at will to grab the game-winning touchdown. I actually think a little something in the team psyche died a little during that last Miami drive that night.

Would we have deserved the win by our performance on the night? Probably not, but good teams find a way to win close games on the road when they are not at their best. The Colts did so in another Monday Night Game in which they were man-handled by the Dolphins, but they got the win. Because that is what teams like the Colts do. They find a way to win, they find a way to contend. The Jets find a way to lose. The subsequent losses to Buffalo, Jags and Miami are just further examples of the Jets ability to find multiple ways to lose football games. But none of those losses hurt as much as the Monday Night game because at that stage I was back to watching the 'Same Old Jets'.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=K_O_Brien;3359705]Easy for me, MNF @ Miami.

For pretty much the same reasons as others have mentioned...

I foolishly believed that we still had a strong enough team to contend at that point. Although Miami played a great game and probably deserved to win on the night, we managed to put ourselves in two potential game-winning situations in the 4th quarter. When we found the go-ahead score to lead 27-24 with 5 mins left, I said to myself that our subsequent defensive stand would demonstrate whether the 2009 Jets were legitimate contenders or just the latest painful variation of the 'same Ol Jets' (a description I hate, but largely because it holds a lot of merit).

We all saw what happened next? The Dolphins and Chad Henne embarrassed our defense by waltzing down the field at will to grab the game-winning touchdown. I actually think a little something in the team psyche died a little during that last Miami drive that night.

Would we have deserved the win by our performance on the night? Probably not, but good teams find a way to win close games on the road when they are not at their best. The Colts did so in another Monday Night Game in which they were man-handled by the Dolphins, but they got the win. Because that is what teams like the Colts do. They find a way to win, they find a way to contend. The Jets find a way to lose. The subsequent losses to Buffalo, Jags and Miami are just further examples of the Jets ability to find multiple ways to lose football games. But none of those losses hurt as much as the Monday Night game because at that stage I was back to watching the 'Same Old Jets'.[/QUOTE]

+1.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    The game where the Jets offense and defense played perfectly well and the Special Teams imploded.

Yes, the 2nd Miami game.

What an awful feeling. The defense gave up 9 points if I recall correctly. Sanchez had himself a nice little game going. Then Ted Ginn wins the game for them singlehandedly.

The only decision I can fault is kicking it to him the second time. That is so Jets. That is SUCH a Jets thing to do. I remember yelling when Feely kicked it sky high way back the second time that this was ridiculous. When Ginn scored for the second time, I knew the Jets weren't winning and that Sanchez would be blamed erroneously.

By the way, the game was ended on the 3rd and goal sack for a loss. I wouldn't even expect a top 5 QB to be more than 30% on a 30+ yard 4th down throw. I thought it was smart for Sanchez to buy himself the extra space to avoid the sack at all costs.
    Last edited by GreenJoe; 11-16-2009 at 05:51 PM.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Flagman5A;3359205][B][SIZE="6"]ALL and it only gets better with our "MUST WIN" games the NY Tweeters manage to lose..... [/SIZE][/B][/QUOTE]

They do tweet excessively. Sometimes I feel like that's all David Clowney does. Rhodes and Clowney are the two biggest offenders. Gentlemen, put down the phone and watch some more film. I don't care if you have seen it already, don't do frivolous $hit and leave yourself open for criticism.