Thread: Step back from the ledge season NOT over

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

Step back from the ledge season NOT over

Thanks to NEs collapse the Jets are FAR from done. If they beat them next week, all they have to do is play 1 game better than NE and Miami the rest of the way. That is DOABLE.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    1. Miami swept us and owns any tiebreaker.

2. The only reason there's mild optimism around here tonight is because the Patriots lost on the road to an undefeated team by 1 point.

3. The Jets collapsed down the stretch and showed problems on both O and D today during a home game against a below average team after having 2 weeks to prepare for the game.

In other words, we're not only still behind in the standings, but we're nowhere near as good as the teams we're chasing right now.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetstream23;3358530]1. Miami swept us and owns any tiebreaker.

2. The only reason there's mild optimism around here tonight is because the Patriots lost on the road to an undefeated team by 1 point.

3. The Jets collapsed down the stretch and showed problems on both O and D today during a home game against a below average team after having 2 weeks to prepare for the game.

In other words, we're not only still behind in the standings, but we're nowhere near as good as the teams we're chasing right now.[/QUOTE]

Now that's more like it :yes:

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Dimitri_0515;3358535]Now that's more like it :yes:[/QUOTE]

LOL

Stop following me. I'm schizophrenic so I can jump off a bridge about today's loss in one thread.....then predict a miraculous Super Bowl run that starts in New England in another thread. :D

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetstream23;3358539]LOL

Stop following me. I'm schizophrenic so I can jump off a bridge about today's loss in one thread.....then predict a miraculous Super Bowl run that starts in New England in another thread. :D[/QUOTE]

God help us

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Dimitri_0515;3358544]God help us[/QUOTE]

[I]possibly[/I]....but even He can't help the Jets.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Its all setting up for the Jets to make a run at the division. :yes: Jets win vs Pats and they are one out of 1st. place....:D Alot of footballl left.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jets haven't shown any signs of quitting and packing it in. So I'll stay positive for as long as Jets keep fighting.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Toast - yep

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    after we kick the tar out of the Cheaters next week in their home craphole for THREE IN A ROW head to head.... hopefully we see MORE OF THIS....

[IMG]http://i589.photobucket.com/albums/ss331/trutibr/1258349081937.gif[/IMG]

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    We won't catch NE but we will finish on top of the fish, Ronnie Brown hurt his ankle.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetstream23;3358530]1. Miami swept us and owns any tiebreaker.

In other words, we're not only still behind in the standings, but we're nowhere near as good as the teams we're chasing right now.[/QUOTE]

Thank you.

This season is now officially about next year.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thread name should be, Even though season IS over step back from the ledge.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    1-5 - season is over, plain and simple.

Mark it down - Jets will have 2 more wins this year, that's it.

I do like the upside of this team. ...next year, I hope to see Shotty gone.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Some of the "sun is always shining" posters on this board belong in a straightjacket.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Beat Pats.

Lose to Carolina, Buff, Tampa.

Beat. Atlanta, Indy, Cinci.

Miss playoffs. lmao.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    You are absolutely right. The season is not over. The Jets are not even close to being done screwing with our emotions.

Smart money's on a win vs. NE, a nailbiting run for the last wildcard spot, and a humiliating defeat in week 17.

Okay, I admit it's not fair for me to make spoiler predictions like this -- having already seen the movie almost 30 times.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sg3;3358661]after we kick the tar out of the Cheaters next week in their home craphole for THREE IN A ROW head to head.... hopefully we see MORE OF THIS....

[IMG]http://i589.photobucket.com/albums/ss331/trutibr/1258349081937.gif[/IMG][/QUOTE]

WOW, JUST LIKE MIAMI OVER YOU GUYS! THREE IN A ROW! WOW, THAT SUCKS!

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    You are correct the season is not over... in typical Jets fashion they will win a few games in a row, beat the Patriots, beat a few of the lesser teams, claw back into the playoff race, hell they might even beat Indy, but the ranch that if they are still alive in the playoff race at the end of the season they will get absolutely blow it...

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JetsFanJim;3359485]You are correct the season is not over... in typical Jets fashion they will win a few games in a row, beat the Patriots, beat a few of the lesser teams, claw back into the playoff race, hell they might even beat Indy, but the ranch that if they are still alive in the playoff race at the end of the season they will get absolutely blow it...[/QUOTE]

That is wishful thinking. Nope they wont even do that. Bet the farm on loosing this week. Also to Indy, Cincy, Atlanta. Carolina maybe. 6-10 . 7-9 at best.