Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jets waive Ahmad Carroll

Jets waive Ahmad Carroll

The Jets have waived CB Ahmad Carroll.

All League
    He was holding us back BIG TIME. 11-5 time now boys.

The shakeup begins....:D

That'll get the D to come out fired up instead of sleepwalking through the 1st half...

I hoping you misspelled Kerry Rhodes.

[QUOTE=MDL_JET;3358958]I hoping you misspelled Kerry Rhodes.[/QUOTE]

LOL! And +1!

[QUOTE=C Mart;3358972]LOL! And +1![/QUOTE]

Classic! TWEET!

[QUOTE=MDL_JET;3358958]I hoping you misspelled Kerry Rhodes.[/QUOTE]

It's amazing the hole this guy has dug himself in such a short period of time. And it's all due to too much talking and tweets. Seriously is an amazing fall from grace considering that, besides one year, he's been pretty consistent at being good/sometimes very good.

Just a fyi I still think he is a good player and probably a top 15 Safety in the league. However it's become very easy for me to dislike and get on him after the bull**** tweet blaming Revis for the Ginn Jr TD added to his lack of production all year. And please, enough of the "you don't hear his name b/c he's got his man covered" BS. He's usually not even in man to man and just covering a deep zone, usually a step behind a big play. He's having a bad year, which I could deal with, if he had kept his mouth and tweets shut.

They'll be playing against him next Sunday.

Veteran
    Have we waived Sheppard and Douglas yet?

[QUOTE=HessStation;3358997]It's amazing the hole this guy has dug himself in such a short period of time. And it's all due to too much talking and tweets. Seriously is an amazing fall from grace considering that, besides one year, he's been pretty consistent at being good/sometimes very good.

Just a fyi I still think he is a good player and probably a top 15 Safety in the league. However it's become very easy for me to dislike and get on him after the bull**** tweet blaming Revis for the Ginn Jr TD added to his lack of production all year. [B]And please, enough of the "you don't hear his name b/c he's got his man covered"[/B] BS. He's usually not even in man to man and just covering a deep zone, usually a step behind a big play. He's having a bad year, which I could deal with, if he had kept his mouth and tweets shut.[/QUOTE]

That's exactly what I would say to defend the guy...but game after game..he just doesn't live up the hype he puts himself up to. A few tipped balls or tackles for a loss isn't cutting it. He can hardly even tackle. Always looks like he is getting dragged by the WR or TE, until someone comes in and helps.

[QUOTE=BleedGreen314;3359010]Have we waived Sheppard yet?[/QUOTE]

That would be a really bad idea. He had a bad game but could have been rust. He was playing great (reg season) before hurt. Strickland...and Lowery both played horrible too yesterday.

All League
    so Justin Miller has been deemed too slow to return kickoffs, yet he stays on the roster and Carroll gets cut? Strange....they must have something in mind for Miller -- maybe he goes back to kick returns, or maybe they think he's got some potential at DB.

[QUOTE=gaffneycatch;3359068]so Justin Miller has been deemed too slow to return kickoffs, yet he stays on the roster and Carroll gets cut? Strange....they must have something in mind for Miller -- maybe he goes back to kick returns, or maybe they think he's got some potential at DB.[/QUOTE]

Why is Woodhead still on the team?

[QUOTE=gaffneycatch;3359068]so Justin Miller has been deemed too slow to return kickoffs, yet he stays on the roster and Carroll gets cut? Strange....they must have something in mind for Miller -- maybe he goes back to kick returns, or maybe they think he's got some potential at DB.[/QUOTE]

I must. I will. I have to stick with my man. :D

Seriously I think I was the last poster on this board to believe in Miller's potential. I will still ride my one-man bandwagon. At least until he is out of the league again.

However just say...juuuuust say he makes it back, somehow, to start and plays good, I will rub and smear it all over your non-believing, squirmy faces. :P

All League
    [QUOTE=Glenn_G;3359073]Why is Woodhead still on the team?[/QUOTE]

Running backs are dropping like flies right now around the league...need to have a 3rd RB.

Veteran
    [QUOTE=HessStation;3359032]That would be a really bad idea. He had a bad game but could have been rust. He was playing great (reg season) before hurt. Strickland...and Lowery both played horrible too yesterday.[/QUOTE]

I don't think he's been as good as he needs to be. We don't need another Revis, it'd be great if we could do that, but I'd just like someone who plays better man to man than he does. He still gets picked on too much for my liking and I'd like to see someone who's maybe 60% as productive as Revis is. Philly wasn't exactly crying when Sheppard left and I kind of get why.

Hall Of Fame
    Lowery is the one who should be gone.

Veteran
    [QUOTE=freestater;3359087]Lowery is the one who should be gone.[/QUOTE]

No argument from me on that one, he's brutal

All Pro
    [QUOTE=freestater;3359087]Lowery is the one who should be gone.[/QUOTE]

Agreed, he was AWFUL yesterday.

Hall Of Fame
    We've gone from looking at him give that stupid "what...me?" look whenever a flag is thrown to watching him get burned by any double move or hitch. :nono: