Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Jets waive Ahmad Carroll

[QUOTE=BleedGreen314;3359088]No argument from me on that one, he's brutal[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I think I've seen enough of Lowery too. My issue with him is that there was never any upside anyway. He was never a quick twitch swivel the hips speedster. He just doesn't have the measurables to keep up with NFL WRs imo. He should probably get a shot at safety for another team. Sheppard and Strickland are both better, however they did suck equally yesterday. Maybe there's something in my boy Miller that Rex sees. :cool:

Lowery is worth keeping. he's still learning and is good depth. He also does a number of things on special teams.

[QUOTE=HessStation;3359098]Yeah, I think I've seen enough of Lowery too. My issue with him is that there was never any upside anyway. He was never a quick twitch swivel the hips speedster. He just doesn't have the measurables to keep up with NFL WRs imo. He should probably get a shot at safety for another team. Sheppard and Strickland are both better, however they did suck equally yesterday. [B]Maybe there's something in my boy Miller that Rex sees.[/B] :cool:[/QUOTE]

Really reaching for some hope there I see :P

We really need to upgrade that 2nd CB spot this off season.

Strickland is a good nickel and Lito...well he is never healthy and when he does play...it's not all that great. All I ever see out of that 2nd spot is missed tackles, getting burned, or holding penalty.

B-but Ryan was going to turn him into the player he was born to become!!1

Also, der it shoulda been Rhodes because Rhodes doesn't make INTs and Twitters too much!!!11 He also hates/blames Darrelle for his mistakes!!11

[QUOTE=Chica me Tipo;3359115]B-but Ryan was going to turn him into the player he was born to become!!1

Also, der it shoulda been Rhodes because Rhodes doesn't make INTs and Twitters too much!!!11 He also hates/blames Darrelle for his mistakes!!11[/QUOTE]

Just curious...what do you think Rhodes has done well at this year? Because I was all for backing him up but I just can't find anything.

Veteran
    [QUOTE=MDL_JET;3359120]Just curious...what do you think Rhodes has done well at this year? Because I was all for backing him up but I just can't find anything.[/QUOTE]

Well he does stand up and CLAP his hands together (very well) after he just let someone get a first down.:yes:

Veteran
    [QUOTE=MDL_JET;3359120]Just curious...what do you think Rhodes has done well at this year? Because I was all for backing him up but I just can't find anything.[/QUOTE]

+1....I mean, what has he done beside get burned by tight ends on post patterns and tackling them into the end zone...keep me posted

All League
    Lowery's skill set might be more well suited for him to be a saftey. Maybe he can replace Kerry Rhodes. :D

All League
    East of the Jordan, West of the Rock of Gibraltar
    We should start raiding other teams practice squads.

I just posted while at work.
    :eek:

All League
    Lowery was awful again yesterday. He just looks like he doesnt belong out on the field with these guys. HE's constantly out of position and he's not atheletic enough to make up for those mental errors.

I also would prefer if he didn't wear those stupid sleeve for each game.

Ahmad is the first step that Ryan is taking afte his team fell off the NFL playoffs radar yesterday.He will if he's going to be a good NFL coach start to weed out the malcontents and players that aren't playing hard enough to win games.

Bewildered Beast
    [QUOTE=HessStation;3359032]That would be a really bad idea. He had a bad game but could have been rust. He was playing great (reg season) before hurt. Strickland...and Lowery both played horrible too yesterday.[/QUOTE]
    Strickland gave up a first down on a bubble-screen (by) trying to lay out his man. Later in the 2nd half he locked the guy up on the same play, not allowing more than 2 yards on 3rd & long. I have a lot of respect for Strickland; solid hire by the Jets.

Veteran
    Jets signed OLB Kenwin Cummings from their practice squad.