Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: 2-point conversions

  1. #1
    Waterboy
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    97

    2-point conversions

    When was the last time the Jets made a 2 point conversion when they really needed one...and when was the last time they stopped one when they really had to? I know, it probably seems worse than it really is, but I feel like it never goes in their direction.

  2. #2
    All League
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Gainesville, FL
    Posts
    4,310
    I'm pretty sure they're 0-3 on the year. Something they NEED to work on.

  3. #3
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    22,792
    Quote Originally Posted by BLEEDgreenN'white View Post
    I'm pretty sure they're 0-3 on the year. Something they NEED to work on.
    That's a LONG to do list!

  4. #4
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    6,160
    Quote Originally Posted by BLEEDgreenN'white View Post
    I'm pretty sure they're 0-3 on the year. Something they NEED to work on.
    Why did Sanchez float that ball? Other than throwing into the corner of the endzone on fades I would imagine that QBs are always taught to zip it in there. Whens the last time you saw Favre toss a ball in that position?
    If favre throws that pass Braylon has it stuck in his stomach, literally.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by WesWalker85 View Post
    When was the last time the Jets made a 2 point conversion when they really needed one...and when was the last time they stopped one when they really had to? I know, it probably seems worse than it really is, but I feel like it never goes in their direction.
    I had the same thought... i knew as soon as they went for 2 they weren't getting it...

  6. #6
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    1,179
    Yeah, I cringe every time we line up for a 2-pointer. Shoddy rarely designs plays for specific situations that are engineered to work. They're supposed to perfect this stuff at practice.

    This time it was a helter-skelter rollout. Edwards dropped an EASY toss in his hands and off his chest. The ball was there. Braylon is more to blame than Sanchez.

    How many demented excuses are there for Bray's drop? He's paid obscene amounts to make that farina catch. Period.

  7. #7
    All League
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    It's all relative
    Posts
    4,273
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsNOW! View Post
    Yeah, I cringe every time we line up for a 2-pointer. Shoddy rarely designs plays for specific situations that are engineered to work. They're supposed to perfect this stuff at practice.

    This time it was a helter-skelter rollout. Edwards dropped an EASY toss in his hands and off his chest. The ball was there. Braylon is more to blame than Sanchez.

    How many demented excuses are there for Bray's drop? He's paid obscene amounts to make that farina catch. Period.
    I disagree. The defender made a great play, and separated the ball from the receiver. Yes, Sanchez should have put a little more zip on the ball so Braylon wouldn't have to jump up for circus catch.

    But, yeah, Jets seem to suck at 2-pt conversions.

  8. #8
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    1,603
    funny I was thinking about posting the same thing, b/c I have no idea when the last time they did, make one or stop. ...funny, everytime they line up, I laugh.

  9. #9
    All League
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    3,393
    No team in the NFL completes the majority of its two point conversions.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Chupa View Post
    No team in the NFL completes the majority of its two point conversions.
    Can you remember the last time the Jets converted a 2 point conversion? I can't.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us