Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: EVERY media outlet saying zebras screwed patsies*

EVERY media outlet saying zebras screwed patsies*

and the national media love affair continues jets fans......:steamin:

colts get no respect. they say the second to last td the colts score should not have happened cause of the phanton pass interference call on new england*.

the big 4th and 2 play, they say that they CLEARLY had the first with forward progress , and that the officials CLEARLY BLEW the call.

Veteran
    Link?

[QUOTE=zachsjethouse;3359071]and the national media love affair continues jets fans......:steamin:

colts get no respect. they say the second to last td the colts score should not have happened cause of the phanton pass interference call on new england*.

the big 4th and 2 play, they say that they CLEARLY had the first with forward progress , and that the officials CLEARLY BLEW the call.[/QUOTE]

Peter King said that he thought the play would have been upheld due to replay soooo.....

[QUOTE=zachsjethouse;3359071]and the national media love affair continues jets fans......:steamin:

the big 4th and 2 play, they say that they CLEARLY had the first with forward progress , and that the officials CLEARLY BLEW the call.[/QUOTE]

What are you talking about??

Names please?

I thought it was a pretty hideous call myself. I guess the receiver was bobbling a bit, but be honest, almost all the time that ball is called a 1st down. I didn't think they would overturn it, because it was awfully close. If the Jets got a call like that, you (and most people on the site) would be going nuts about how the refs screwed the Jets.

Banned
    [QUOTE=zachsjethouse;3359071]

1) they say the second to last td the colts score should not have happened cause of the phanton pass interference call on new england*.

2) the big 4th and 2 play, they say that they CLEARLY had the first with forward progress , and that the officials CLEARLY BLEW the call.

[/QUOTE]

1) Collie did a fantastic job by slowing down and drawing the penalty on Butler. That [B][U]WAS[/U][/B] pass interference.

2) If Faulk cleanly caught the ball (which he didn't) it would have an easy 1st down based on forward progress. The bobble pushed him backwards, and when he gained possesion, he was short. Even if BB could have challenged the play, it would [B][U]NOT[/U][/B] have been overturned.

Both plays were correct calls.

[QUOTE=Batmans A Scientist;3359094]I thought it was a pretty hideous call myself. I guess the receiver was bobbling a bit, but be honest, almost all the time that ball is called a 1st down. I didn't think they would overturn it, because it was awfully close. If the Jets got a call like that, you (and most people on the site) would be going nuts about how the refs screwed the Jets.[/QUOTE]

He bobbled the ball.. WHen I seen it live I couldn't believe the spot but once they showed him bobbling the ball, it was clear the ref made a great call.

The refs do suck, but not here. If Faulk just caught the ball without a bobble, the game would be over and the Pats would have won.

Heck, if they punted, the Pats probably would have won as well.

[QUOTE=jetsfan1983;3359101]He bobbled the ball.. WHen I seen it live I couldn't believe the spot but once they showed him bobbling the ball, it was clear the ref made a great call.

The refs do suck, but not here. If Faulk just caught the ball without a bobble, the game would be over and the Pats would have won.

Heck, if they punted, the Pats probably would have won as well.[/QUOTE]

I'm less sold on your 2nd point. Manning had 2 minutes, even without TOs, 2 minutes for a guy like Manning means that time isn't even a factor.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=PatsFanTX;3359099]1) Collie did a fantastic job by slowing down and drawing the penalty on Butler. That [B][U]WAS[/U][/B] pass interference.

2) If Faulk cleanly caught the ball (which he didn't) it would have an easy 1st down based on forward progress. The bobble pushed him backwards, and when he gained possesion, he was short. Even if BB could have challenged the play, it would [B][U]NOT[/U][/B] have been overturned.

Both plays were correct calls.[/QUOTE]

Wow, dude, pretty damned classy on your part. Actually, watching that game objectively (although I did wanna see the Colts win only to somewhat help our chances and despite my hatred of Peyton), I thought that PI call was a bit much. I've seen WAY worse NOT get called. I even tend to think y'all got hosed on the 4th and 2. Yeah, ballsy for Belli to call that play inside his own 40 and not kick it, but I feel as though it hit Faulk's hands and the ball only moved (not bobbled) as he pulled it down to secure it. Regardless though, y'all put on a show, it was a GREAT game.

That being said, the Pats will be out for blood this week and will be looking to take out their anger and frustration on the hapless Jets. Oh the horror... :( I see a 40-10 Pats win.

[QUOTE=PatsFanTX;3359099]1) Collie did a fantastic job by slowing down and drawing the penalty on Butler. That [B][U]WAS[/U][/B] pass interference.

not sure if you answered this in another thread but at the time did you like bellichek going for it?

Banned

Good man. :clapper:

What's done is done.

I'm surprised they didn't review it. The spot was very sketchy. Thought it was within 2:00 and an automatic review.(?)

Whatever.

Blame it on Brady for creating a stir about the special treatment and gift flags that kept NE on top for God knows how long.

Belichick can go suck an egg.

Veteran

Nice to see you being honest about it all and not making excuses.

I'm sure that will all change next week no matter what the out come is. Although if the jets win I doubt you will show your face

Banned
    [QUOTE=sect313;3359130]not sure if you answered this in another thread but at the time did you like bellichek going for it?[/QUOTE]

When the 3rd down pass to Welker was incomplete, I immediately said to my wife, "Watch, Belichick will go for this" and she responded "He's not a f****** idiot, he has to kick it away".

The Pats defense was totally gassed, and Manning was on fire. Even if the Pats punted, Manning had 2 minutes and all of his timeouts left. I think they would have drove down and scored.

Again, Faulk makes a clean catch and the Pats win the game.

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSER!!! Get Lost:yes:

Jets Insider VIP
    The Patriots snatched defeat from the jaws of victory. It's 90% on Belichick, but he knew his D was gassed and really just wanted to get 2 yards and take a knee.

The Pats lost fair and square, no officiating affect. But there was some sound logic in what BB tried to do. Sure, it was absolutely a bad call and he didn't play the percentages but would you [B][U]give[/U][/B] Peyton Manning the ball back with 2+ minutes and a bunch of timeouts or try to [B][U]take[/U][/B] the game with a 2 yard play and then, if it doesn't work, know you still have a chance to try to stop the Colts?

Again, bad decision by BB. But, it was partly justified by the Colts zipping right through 30 yards and getting a TD without using Timeouts to stop the clock. BB knew his D was overmatched and that the same thing would happen if he gave Manning the ball with 65 yards to go. He took a shot, it didn't work.

The Pats will probably be back on that field again come January.

Banned
    [QUOTE=jetsNOW!;3359154]What's done is done.

I'm surprised they didn't review it. The spot was very sketchy. Thought it was within 2:00 and an automatic review.(?)

[/QUOTE]

The play started with 2:08 left, therefore no automatic review, even if the play ended at at 1:56.

Only if they play originates under 2:00 is it an automatic review.

I'm not even sure that the bobble mattered. he hits the ground. If he is in the air, he can't gain full possession until he touches the ground. Not 100% sure, but seems like that would be the case... especially since the "force out" rule has changed.

[QUOTE=PatsFanTX;3359164]When the 3rd down pass to Welker was incomplete, I immediately said to my wife, "Watch, Belichick will go for this" and she responded "He's not a f****** idiot, he has to kick it away".

The Pats defense was totally gassed, and Manning was on fire. Even if the Pats punted, Manning had 2 minutes and all of his timeouts left. I think they would have drove down and scored.

Again, Faulk makes a clean catch and the Pats win the game.[/QUOTE]

Brady also f-ed up by throwing to a guy not past the line to gain. I wonder if anyone else was open... would like to see the replay. If Sanchez did that we'd all be ripping him a new one.

Banned
    [QUOTE=SackDancer99;3359224]Brady also f-ed up by throwing to a guy not past the line to gain. I wonder if anyone else was open... would like to see the replay. [/QUOTE]

Actually, Faulk's right leg was on the 31-yard line when the ball got there. If he catches it cleanly, 1st down and game over.

If you get to watch the replay, watch the official at the bottom of the screen. He immediately (and correctly) began waving his arms up and down indicating a bobble, thus moving forward progress back to where Faulk gained possession.