Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: EVERY media outlet saying zebras screwed patsies*

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=PatsFanTX;3359099]1) Collie did a fantastic job by slowing down and drawing the penalty on Butler. That [B][U]WAS[/U][/B] pass interference.

2) If Faulk cleanly caught the ball (which he didn't) it would have an easy 1st down based on forward progress. The bobble pushed him backwards, and when he gained possesion, he was short. Even if BB could have challenged the play, it would [B][U]NOT[/U][/B] have been overturned.

Both plays were correct calls.[/QUOTE]

+1

Forward progress only counts where the receiver possesses the ball. As you noted, Faulk bobbled the ball and when he finally possessed it he was behind the 1st down marker.

[QUOTE=SackDancer99;3359224]Brady also f-ed up by throwing to a guy not past the line to gain. I wonder if anyone else was open... would like to see the replay. If Sanchez did that we'd all be ripping him a new one.[/QUOTE]

He was past the line... He was a good 1/2 yard pass the line... He just got hit and was bobbling it.

the pats are gonna hang 50 on us this weekend...

Banned
    [QUOTE=gqxluvx;3359304]the pats are gonna hang 50 on us this weekend...[/QUOTE]

Not sure about that.

That loss last night has to play with the Pats pschye.

If the Pats got clearly beat by the Colts by 14-17 points, then I would say yea, they will come out smoking against the Jets.

Not to sure what's going to happen now.

[QUOTE=PatsFanTX;3359321]Not sure about that.

If the Pats got clearly beat by the Colts by 14-17 points, then I would say yea, they will come out smoking against the Jets.

Not to sure what's going to happen now.[/QUOTE]

lets face it TX, the jets are going nowhere this season..they are already hearing the SOJ stuff from the fans and the media...the pats coming off a tough loss are going to be even more angry...i just dont think they will forget week 2 and all the crap talking the jets did...they will be determined to make a statement and put the colts game behind them...i may have exaggerated with the 50 number but I could see a 35-10 score...

[QUOTE=PatsFanTX;3359321]Not sure about that.

Not to sure what's going to happen now.[/QUOTE]

Regardless of what happens next week, the Pasts will win the AFCE...

However, the playoffs will be a whole different story.

This is not the Pasts of yester year ;)

Banned
    [QUOTE=AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite;3359326]

This is not the Pasts of yester year

[/QUOTE]

The Pats of yester-year successfully execute that 4th down play and kneel down and take the W.

Or worst case scenario, they have all 3 TO's remaining, and even if Colts score, give Brady enough time to go down the field and kick the game-winning FG. :yes:

[QUOTE=PatsFanTX;3359335]The Pats of yester-year successfully execute that 4th down play and kneel down and take the W.

Or worst case scenario, they have all 3 TO's remaining, and even if Colts score, give Brady enough time to go down the field and kick the game-winning FG. :yes:[/QUOTE]

Absolutely...

I don't necessarily disagree with Beli's playcall...

As you stated earlier, Peyton probably scores regardless...

The Pasts have a lot to fix and if they lose to the Jets, I hope the fans consider their season a goner, even though they will win the AFCE :cool:

Banned
    [QUOTE=AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite;3359340]

The Pasts have a lot to fix and if they lose to the Jets, I hope the fans consider their season a goner, even though they will win the AFCE :cool:

[/QUOTE]

I absolutely agree with this. If the Pats drop the game to the Jets, their season will spiral out of control and probably miss the playoffs altogether.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

[QUOTE=PatsFanTX;3359353]I absolutely agree with this. If the Pats drop the game to the Jets, their season will spiral out of control and probably miss the playoffs altogether.[/QUOTE]

I only caught half of yesterday's game, but saw that Ty Warren was out. What's his deal? Is he out for next week as well?

A Pats D-line without Warren, Seymour and Jarvis Green is a shell of its former self, plain and simple.

Banned
    [QUOTE=crasherino;3359363]I only caught half of yesterday's game, but saw that Ty Warren was out. What's his deal? Is he out for next week as well?

[/QUOTE]

He was listed as "questionable" all week long with an ankle injury. It was a game-time decision and he was scratched.

No idea if he goes against the Jets.

Jets Insider VIP
    sorry, but you have to punt the ball away when you are on your own 28 with anything more than 2 inches to go for the first down.

FTR, I also thought that our idiot punter taking off in the Oakland game on a fake punt was, if called by the coaching staff, a moronic call despite the fact that it worked.

[QUOTE=zachsjethouse;3359071]and the national media love affair continues jets fans......:steamin:

the big 4th and 2 play, they say that they CLEARLY had the first with forward progress , and that the officials CLEARLY BLEW the call.[/QUOTE]
    Wait a sec - so normally we're pissed because the pats clearly pay off the refs, because they get all the calls.

Now they *don't* get a call, maybe even get shafted, and we're pissed because the media thinks they got shafted?

Not a single "karma's a biatch"?

I certainly have no joy from my Jets, so I might as well take some joy from the misery of the pats... :O

[QUOTE=PatsFanTX;3359353]I absolutely agree with this. If the Pats drop the game to the Jets, their season will spiral out of control and probably miss the playoffs altogether.[/QUOTE]

And then who would win the AFC East? The Jets would probably be the favorite if you take the Pats out of the equation, but I don't see them getting past 8 wins. If they figure things out in a hurry maybe they get 9, though I doubt it. The Pats will probably finish at 9 if, like you say, the Pats spiral out of control. Gotta like their chances. I don't see them going 3-4 from here on out, and that's pretty much their worst case scenario.

I thought that when he did have possession he still had a first down. I also don't think there was conclusive evidence to overturn in.

I also know that if they did rule that a first down, the fact that offensive pass interference was not called on Randy Moss on that exact play would be an issue right now, as there should have been a call there.

[QUOTE=PatsFanTX;3359234]Actually, Faulk's right leg was on the 31-yard line when the ball got there. If he catches it cleanly, 1st down and game over.

If you get to watch the replay, watch the official at the bottom of the screen. He immediately (and correctly) began waving his arms up and down indicating a bobble, thus moving forward progress back to where Faulk gained possession.[/QUOTE]

You are right about the foot being down, but he was already pushed back and recovered the bobble by that point. The ref makes no "bobble" sigh, just a "catch" sign.

Also, one foot down is not enough to establish possession anyway.

Brady made the wrong decision, so it's on him... Welker was WIDE open on a slant over the middle. How was he not the first read?

[QUOTE=zachsjethouse;3359071]and the national media love affair continues jets fans......:steamin:

colts get no respect. they say the second to last td the colts score should not have happened cause of the phanton pass interference call on new england*.

the big 4th and 2 play, they say that they CLEARLY had the first with forward progress , and that the officials CLEARLY BLEW the call.[/QUOTE]
    I've been watching sports on tv all morning and not once have I heard a someone in the media say they screwed the call.

No complaint on the calls.

Pats deserved to lose.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=FF2;3359558]No complaint on the calls.

Pats deserved to lose.[/QUOTE]

You and Tex showed fans how not to whine in this thread...:P

Fug the media.....every team gets burned by bad calls and some special teams get all the calls go their way.
    Its nice to see things change for a moment.

Its just karma, finally. About time you dumb *****.