Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: EVERY media outlet saying zebras screwed patsies*

Schluberator & Gadfly
    [QUOTE=PatsFanTX;3359353]I absolutely agree with this. If the Pats drop the game to the Jets, their season will spiral out of control and probably miss the playoffs altogether.[/QUOTE]

ALRIGHT YOU ALIEN, WHAT DID YOU DO WITH OUR TX?!?!??!

:alien:

[QUOTE=stagman;3359551]I've been watching sports on tv all morning and not once have I heard a someone in the media say they screwed the call.[/QUOTE]

merril hoge, deion sanders, steve marriucci, nfl.com broadcasters.......

[QUOTE=FF2;3359558]No complaint on the calls.

Pats deserved to lose.[/QUOTE]

You're half right. No complaint on the call. BUT, the Pats outplayed the Colts for 58 minutes and did NOT deserve to lose. No Brady interception in the endzone, TD or FG and they win. Moron-ey holds onto the ball at the goal line, TD and they win. It was bad coaching, plain and simple, that lost the game, not the players on the field. I don't even have a problem going for it on 4 and 2 on the 28. But don't blow all of your timeouts because the wrong personel are on the field. (bad coaching). Blitz Manning with everything you got when he gets the ball and make him either beat you, or throw him for a loss and make them burn timeouts. If he beats you, and you put the ball back in Brady's hands with a minute to go and a couple of time outs, he gets close enough for the field goal and game over.

This game is on BB.

[QUOTE=Vinny Patrollie;3359702]This game is on BB.[/QUOTE]

So are all three Superbowls...

Cry about it :rolleyes:

[QUOTE=AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite;3359703]So are all three Superbowls...

Cry about it :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

Absolutely. I'm not calling for his ouster by any means. It's just that I've never seen him pull a "Rex Ryan" and completely mismanage the end of a game like he has no clue what he's doing.

I'll still take him over any other coach in the NFL.

Banned
    [QUOTE=Vinny Patrollie;3359702]You're half right. No complaint on the call. BUT, the Pats outplayed the Colts for 58 minutes and did NOT deserve to lose. No Brady interception in the endzone, TD or FG and they win. Moron-ey holds onto the ball at the goal line, TD and they win. It was bad coaching, plain and simple, that lost the game, not the players on the field. I don't even have a problem going for it on 4 and 2 on the 28. [B][U]But don't blow all of your timeouts because the wrong personel are on the field[/U][/B]. (bad coaching). Blitz Manning with everything you got when he gets the ball and make him either beat you, or throw him for a loss and make them burn timeouts. If he beats you, and you put the ball back in Brady's hands with a minute to go and a couple of time outs, he gets close enough for the field goal and game over.

This game is on BB.[/QUOTE]

The blown TO's pissed me off more than anything.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

[QUOTE=PatsFanTX;3359710]The blown TO's pissed me off more than anything.[/QUOTE]

Having the "evil genius" make bonehead TO calls just shows you that its not the easiest thing in the world to manage a football game. You can try and put yourself/team in every conceivable situation during practice, but its not so easy to replicate the quick pace of a game and the need for lighting fast decisions, whether its personnel moves, after having several injuries, or simply decisions w/r/t the clock that have ramifications a few minutes into the future.

Can't give these guys a pass as they are paid big bucks to do these things, but no one is infallible.

Banned
    [QUOTE=crasherino;3359723]Having the "evil genius" make bonehead TO calls just shows you that its not the easiest thing in the world to manage a football game. You can try and put yourself/team in every conceivable situation during practice, but its not so easy to replicate the quick pace of a game and the need for lighting fast decisions, whether its personnel moves, after having several injuries, or simply decisions w/r/t the clock that have ramifications a few minutes into the future.

Can't give these guys a pass as they are paid big bucks to do these things, but no one is infallible.[/QUOTE]

As Vinny mentioned above, the problem was the Pats not having the right players on the field.

In all the BB games I have watched, I can not recall any other time where there were personnel substitution issues.

[QUOTE=PatsFanTX;3359727]As Vinny mentioned above, the problem was the Pats not having the right players on the field.

In all the BB games I have watched, I can not recall any other time where there were personnel substitution issues.[/QUOTE]

Perhaps a "real" OC is in order. Or maybe a "real" RB.

Taylor picks up that 4th and 2 all day long.

What good is Maroney if you don't believe he can get you those 2 yards.

Banned
    [QUOTE=MACPAC;3359888]

What good is Maroney if you don't believe he can get you those 2 yards.

[/QUOTE]

Maroney would have taken 14,000 stutter-steps before hitting the hole. :rolleyes:

[QUOTE=zachsjethouse;3359071]and the national media love affair continues jets fans......:steamin:

colts get no respect. they say the second to last td the colts score should not have happened cause of the phanton pass interference call on new england*.

the big 4th and 2 play, they say that they CLEARLY had the first with forward progress , and that the officials CLEARLY BLEW the call.[/QUOTE]

But theres also the last second Wayne TD. Imagine if he dropped it and the colts ended up not scoring. I have no idea how PI wasnt called on that td to wayne. Defender was draped all over him.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=Vinny Patrollie;3359702]You're half right. No complaint on the call. BUT, the Pats outplayed the Colts for 58 minutes and did NOT deserve to lose. No Brady interception in the endzone, TD or FG and they win. Moron-ey holds onto the ball at the goal line, TD and they win. It was bad coaching, plain and simple, that lost the game, not the players on the field. I don't even have a problem going for it on 4 and 2 on the 28. But don't blow all of your timeouts because the wrong personel are on the field. (bad coaching). Blitz Manning with everything you got when he gets the ball and make him either beat you, or throw him for a loss and make them burn timeouts. If he beats you, and you put the ball back in Brady's hands with a minute to go and a couple of time outs, he gets close enough for the field goal and game over.

:cryin::cryin::cryin::cryin:

All Pro
    [QUOTE=PatsFanTX;3359710]The blown TO's pissed me off more than anything.[/QUOTE]

Sounds like some other team I know that screwed up their TO's yesterday.

[QUOTE=Vinny Patrollie;3359702]You're half right. No complaint on the call. BUT, the Pats outplayed the Colts for 58 minutes and did NOT deserve to lose. No Brady interception in the endzone, TD or FG and they win. Moron-ey holds onto the ball at the goal line, TD and they win. It was bad coaching, plain and simple, that lost the game, not the players on the field. I don't even have a problem going for it on 4 and 2 on the 28. But don't blow all of your timeouts because the wrong personel are on the field. (bad coaching). Blitz Manning with everything you got when he gets the ball and make him either beat you, or throw him for a loss and make them burn timeouts. If he beats you, and you put the ball back in Brady's hands with a minute to go and a couple of time outs, he gets close enough for the field goal and game over.

Why? Did BB make Maroony fumble? Did he make Brady toss the interception?

And they outplayed them for 58 minutes? Bull. Colts scored at will when they opened it up.

hey, if he was bobbling the ball, it would have been knowcked out when he got hit. i admit i only saw the replays on the news but it looked like he was driven back after he was past the first down marker. i am not in agreement with the whole going for it. they should have punted and relied upon the bellichicken defense to make one stop.

[QUOTE=PatsFanTX;3359099]1) Collie did a fantastic job by slowing down and drawing the penalty on Butler. That [B][U]WAS[/U][/B] pass interference.

2) If Faulk cleanly caught the ball (which he didn't) it would have an easy 1st down based on forward progress. The bobble pushed him backwards, and when he gained possesion, he was short. Even if BB could have challenged the play, it would [B][U]NOT[/U][/B] have been overturned.

Both plays were correct calls.[/QUOTE]