Thread: MJD and his trophy.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

MJD and his trophy.

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D9v46U9cvIs[/url]

I guess this is what happens when you talk trash starting in August... call week 2 the "superbowl" and random mid-season games "playoff games" and then you LOSE.

We should have seen this coming.

The trash talk is careless and sloppy... and it should have clued us in to what we were getting with Rex.

This team gets sloppier and more careless each week.

NO DISCIPLINE.

We took a team with no heart, and we added sloppiness and a false sense of entitlement... the perfect recipe for officially becoming Raiders East. :rolleyes:

Also, can someone explain to me why we fired Mangini, but NOT Schotty and Sutton?

Our LBers are still aweful... and our offense is still its own worst enemy... ?

Rex seems to think autonomy is a good idea for his assistant coaches... however, each week we watch ONE UNIT lose the game. Maybe its time for him to start coaching the WHOLE team.
    Last edited by Dr. Zaius; 11-16-2009 at 12:05 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Jets absolutely deserve something like that.

Maybe they'll shutup and play now.

The big difference - The Jets talk BEFORE the game, MJD and the Jags do this stuff AFTER they get the win.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE]After game, MJD was hoisting silver trophy. He said it was "Hampton Cup" - Jags equip. mgr Drew Hampton vs. brother Drew, Jets equip. mgr.[/QUOTE]

Incase anyone wanted to know.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Listen to Braylon Edwards quotes from after yesterdays game and he gets it..

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=MDL_JET;3359188]Incase anyone wanted to know.[/QUOTE]

LOL. Seriously?

The Jags equipment manager and the Jets equipment manager are brothers? And this game was really about who would win the Hampton Cup?

That's actually kinda funny.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=MDL_JET;3359188]Incase anyone wanted to know.[/QUOTE]

Good to know - but the fact that he ran it out onto our field and pointed it out to our fans, tells me I am not entirely off-base in my thinking... if it was a family rivalry, they could have done that crap at Ruth's Chris after the game... but doing it on our "home" field... that was a slap in Rex, Kerry and Bart's collective mouths.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=gqxluvx;3359206]Listen to Braylon Edwards quotes from after yesterdays game and he gets it..[/QUOTE]

He spent 5 months with Mangini. Do you think anything like what's happening here with the Jets bravado and loose lips happened in Cleveland? He went from one polar opposite to the other.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetstream23;3359207]LOL. Seriously?

The Jags equipment manager and the Jets equipment manager are brothers? And this game was really about who would win the Hampton Cup?

That's actually kinda funny.[/QUOTE]

I think it's funnier that they're both named Drew apparently...:P

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    I assume the league will fine him for that, no?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Oh no...ANYTHING but the Hampton Cup.

CFL sounding award for a CFL quality game.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetstream23;3359211]He spent 5 months with Mangini. Do you think anything like what's happening here with the Jets bravado and loose lips happened in Cleveland? He went from one polar opposite to the other.[/QUOTE]

well his quote..and it was the postgame quote of the game on sny post game show..was something to the effect that the team talks too much and no one fears the talk etc..im tried of this team running their mouth...shut up and win

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=gqxluvx;3359227]well his quote..and it was the postgame quote of the game on sny post game show..was something to the effect that the team talks too much and no one fears the talk etc..im tried of this team running their mouth...shut up and win[/QUOTE]

It's sad to me that this had to come from Braylon Edwards... and not any of the other long-time Jet veterans. Regardless... if this is what Braylon is about, then I like him even more. Hopefully, he can influence more of the locker room than Rhodes does... guys like Rhodes are a poison... more concerned with the celebrity, than the grit of playing and winning.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Dr. Zaius;3359323]It's sad to me that this had to come from Braylon Edwards... and not any of the other long-time Jet veterans. Regardless... if this is what Braylon is about, then I like him even more. Hopefully, he can influence more of the locker room than Rhodes does... guys like Rhodes are a poison... more concerned with the celebrity, than the grit of playing and winning.[/QUOTE]

thats why i was surprised as well..of all people to say this..him..he is new..maybe he knows what the perception around the league is of the jets or something...but he was spot on in his assessment..it was refreshing..

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    The Hampton Cup?

Hilarious.

I love Jones-Drew. Just a flat-out football player. Plays hard and has fun. Can't hate on that.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah...that's the ticket...better quotes from the players. That will help the defense stop the other team.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Dr. Zaius;3359209]Good to know - [B]but the fact that he ran it out onto our field and pointed it out to our fans[/B], tells me I am not entirely off-base in my thinking... if it was a family rivalry, they could have done that crap at Ruth's Chris after the game... but doing it on our "home" field... that was a slap in Rex, Kerry and Bart's collective mouths.[/QUOTE]

Great. Thats class.

Just curious, was he wearing that sweet turquoise headband i saw him with on the sideline.?