Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sanchez needs a veteran QB more then ever

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Sanchez needs a veteran QB more then ever

This is baptism by fire what Sanchez is going through and right now he's right in the media's sights.Right now a Garcia or some other veteran QB could be helping him through the New York media minefield.After yesterday's post game speech to the media he's on every reporters to ream list.He needs to pipe down and grow up fast otherwise he'll be eaten alive. Also his continued mistakes on the field makes me ask the question is he being coached properly to not make the same mistakes over and over again.Clemmens doesn't have that 'it' factor as he hasn't played many games as a starting QB.He through no falt of his own can't tell Sanchez what to expect with dealing with the media or how to carry himself as the face of the New York Jets.Hopefully he'll mature rather quickly otherwise it will hold him back to be an elite QB in the NFL.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Clemens doesn't have 'it'...

What QB knows more about the scrutiny of the NY media in recent years?

Because that's one of your main arguments... No?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    only problem with having a 'good veteran QB' while starting a rookie QB is that everyone will be clamoring to put in the veteran...it could cause more harm than good

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I disagree. He's got plenty of quality QB coaches to work with him which is more effective than what a player would be doing for him, unless you want him to sit and watch which is not what anyone really wants IMO. Brian is a good QB coach and did well with Brees so I have confidence that Mark is getting all the attention and advice he needs from them. At this point it's all about the speed of the game and his decision making. He's a rookie. It is what it is.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    that's what should have happened in the beginning of the season. Have Sanchez sit and watch for a bit. Now nine games in...it's too late. He's going to have to take his lumps and learn from em. Anything else is going backwards and would prolly shatter what's left of this kids confidence.

Hall Of Fame
    home of the hot guy in my avatar.. oh baby!
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE]What QB knows more about the scrutiny of the NY media in recent years?[/QUOTE]
    Chad Pennington:D

Schluberator & Gadfly
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=BigBensAngel7;3359469]Chad Pennington:D[/QUOTE]

You know what? I wouldn't have a problem bringing Chad back as his backup and mentor. I think he'd be a great teacher! :yes:

Other than that, John Elway did fine without a strong veteran presence.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Vinny T

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=chesapeakejet;3359473]You know what? I wouldn't have a problem bringing Chad back as his backup and mentor. I think he'd be a great teacher! :yes:

Other than that, John Elway did fine without a strong veteran presence.[/QUOTE]
    well hey there ches, i have missed you all day..

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Believe it or not I would bring Pennington back if he is not too expensive. He'll make a good back up and he really has a great knowledge of the game

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    a good veteran back up (like a charlie batch) can do wonders for a young qb :D

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=chesapeakejet;3359473]You know what? I wouldn't have a problem bringing Chad back as his backup and mentor. I think he'd be a great teacher! :yes:

Other than that, John Elway did fine without a strong veteran presence.[/QUOTE]

Look at the great job Chaddy cakes did with Clemens..:eek:

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Chad as a backup in 2010.
    I love it!

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    What the hell does a scrub veteran whos never played in NY know about QBing that Sanchez doesn't?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=LI JET FAN;3359407]This is baptism by fire what Sanchez is going through and right now he's right in the media's sights.Right now a Garcia or some other veteran QB could be helping him through the New York media minefield.After yesterday's post game speech to the media he's on every reporters to ream list.He needs to pipe down and grow up fast otherwise he'll be eaten alive. Also his continued mistakes on the field makes me ask the question is he being coached properly to not make the same mistakes over and over again.Clemmens doesn't have that 'it' factor as he hasn't played many games as a starting QB.He through no falt of his own can't tell Sanchez what to expect with dealing with the media or how to carry himself as the face of the New York Jets.Hopefully he'll mature rather quickly otherwise it will hold him back to be an elite QB in the NFL.[/QUOTE]

His post game speech? Did I miss something, because I didn't hear anything out of the ordinary.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Joe W. Namath;3359489]Chad as a backup in 2010.
    I love it![/QUOTE]

Who are you kidding you would be calling for him to start from day one and then making excuses when he screws up..:yes:

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=BigBensAngel7;3359469]Chad Pennington:D[/QUOTE]

Cute, I lol'd :P

However, I was going for 'available' QB's...

Still cute though...

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite;3359527]Cute, I lol'd :P

However, I was going for 'available' QB's...

Still cute though...[/QUOTE]
    isnt alex smith's contract up at the end of this season?? there is a good veteran qb...lol:D:D

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=BigBensAngel7;3359529]isnt alex smith's contract up at the end of this season?? there is a good veteran qb...lol:D:D[/QUOTE]

I was thinking we could go with Leinart...

SAR I

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite;3359540]I was thinking we could go with Leinart...

SAR I[/QUOTE]
    i am sure he could teach sandog how to party and get chicks and drink ;)