Results 1 to 16 of 16

Thread: Zack Greinke wins AL Cy Young Award

  1. #1

    Zack Greinke wins AL Cy Young Award

    Well deserved.

  2. #2
    yup def deserved it

    242k's
    6 complete games
    2.16 ERA
    1.07 WHIP
    229 IP

  3. #3
    Good, he was definitely the most deserving. Won in a landslide as well. Greinke received 25 first place votes, while the second place finisher, Felix Hernandez, received 2.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by sect313 View Post
    yup def deserved it

    242k's
    6 complete games
    2.16 ERA
    1.07 WHIP
    229 IP
    Pretty filthy numbers...

  5. #5
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    22,105
    Greinke was absolutely sick this year.

    It's crazy that he could not get a victory in 6 games where he allowed 0 to 1 run. The Royals only scored 13 runs TOTAL in his 8 losses and 21 total in his 9 NDs.

    Amazing.

  6. #6

    Red face

    Quote Originally Posted by SMC View Post
    Greinke was absolutely sick this year.

    It's crazy that he could not get a victory in 6 games where he allowed 0 to 1 run. The Royals only scored 13 runs TOTAL in his 8 losses and 21 total in his 9 NDs.

    Amazing.
    Could of won 25 games with the Yankees

  7. #7
    Carmona was robbed, damn voters didn't want the Indians to win a third straight...

  8. #8
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    13,566
    Zach Greinke, future Yankee

    best poem of the year

  9. #9
    All League
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    3,981
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
    Could of won 25 games with the Yankees
    Maybe he will someday

  10. #10
    All League
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    East of the Jordan, West of the Rock of Gibraltar
    Posts
    4,805
    Yes, every quality baseball player should play for the NY Yankees.

    Who likes competition or drama in their sporting events anyway?

    MLB should be like a Superman cartoon where we all know the ending.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by JetPotato View Post
    Zach Greinke, future Yankee

    best poem of the year
    Greinke has actually said that the one team he doesn't want to play for are the Yankees because of his past problems and he didn't think he could handle it. Or something to that extent.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    Yes, every quality baseball player should play for the NY Yankees.

    Who likes competition or drama in their sporting events anyway?

    MLB should be like a Superman cartoon where we all know the ending.
    That's a pretty moronic comment, given that MLB has had 8 different World Series champions in the last 9 years, compared to 6 Superbowl champions, 5 NBA campions, and 7 Stanley Cup champions in that same period of time.

    Get some facts before you say stupid things.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffWeaverFan View Post
    Greinke has actually said that the one team he doesn't want to play for are the Yankees because of his past problems and he didn't think he could handle it. Or something to that extent.
    He has some form of social anxiety and battled depression..Guy is a stud tho, glad he won the award...

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by hendu24 View Post
    He has some form of social anxiety and battled depression..Guy is a stud tho, glad he won the award...
    Yea, for his sake I hope he stays in a smaller market. Who knows what would happen if he were to be placed in a big market and a high pressure situation. Happy he won the award, it's a nice story.

  15. #15
    All League
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    East of the Jordan, West of the Rock of Gibraltar
    Posts
    4,805
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffWeaverFan View Post
    That's a pretty moronic comment, given that MLB has had 8 different World Series champions in the last 9 years, compared to 6 Superbowl champions, 5 NBA campions, and 7 Stanley Cup champions in that same period of time.

    Get some facts before you say stupid things.
    A. Since when are facts important on the internet?

    B. In 2008 the Yankees were the 4th or 5th best team in the AL. During the off-season they addesd 3 of the top 5 free agents and 2 of those guys were the top starting pitchers. This was within the rules of the game and was a very smart thing for them to do. In 2009 the Yankees were obviously the best team during the regular season and walkeed thru the playoffs beating every team they played without a fight. all done within the rules.

    C. It appears that most of MLB teams are reactingto the sour economy by cutting thier budgets, except the NY Yankees, prolly Boston, maybe the Mets and Dodgers.

    D. In my opinion if the Yankeees acquire another stud pitcher to be their #3 starter I see another run of WS championships.

    All of this is fair, legal and within the rules. But it does not seem like it will be competitive, dramatic or entertaining.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    A. Since when are facts important on the internet?

    B. In 2008 the Yankees were the 4th or 5th best team in the AL. During the off-season they addesd 3 of the top 5 free agents and 2 of those guys were the top starting pitchers. This was within the rules of the game and was a very smart thing for them to do. In 2009 the Yankees were obviously the best team during the regular season and walkeed thru the playoffs beating every team they played without a fight. all done within the rules.

    C. It appears that most of MLB teams are reactingto the sour economy by cutting thier budgets, except the NY Yankees, prolly Boston, maybe the Mets and Dodgers.

    D. In my opinion if the Yankeees acquire another stud pitcher to be their #3 starter I see another run of WS championships.

    All of this is fair, legal and within the rules. But it does not seem like it will be competitive, dramatic or entertaining.
    and Diamondbacks

    http://arizona.diamondbacks.mlb.com/...=.jsp&c_id=ari

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us