Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Serious questions for some Jet fans around here...

Banned

Serious questions for some Jet fans around here...

If the Jets make you unhappy...If you've been unhappy since 1969, well, then, why bother putting soo much emotion into the team that you love to hate?

If the Jets losing ways actually affect your personal life... Wouldn't you say it's safe to say that you have a serious problem to deal with? Life is life; something to be taken really serious. Sports are nothing more than sports; something thats exciting and fun to watch. When sports are no longer fun to watch, maybe it's time to retire, wouldn't you agree?

If you cant atleast get excited for a Jets-Patriots game (Knowing that a Jets W moves us only one game out of 1st place here in the AFC East...) Then why even bother watching this game on Sunday? Or better yet...Then why even bother posting about the Jets all week long with nothing but negativity? After all, this team has "No chance to win", right? Which means; Alot of people around here are actually only watching the game to become angry correct?

The Jets have already beat the Patriots here 2009, the Jets really have a chance to win this week. A Jets W this week against NE could have the Jets playing for 1st place of the AFC East the following week when the Patriots play a really tough Saints team... If you all knock other posters for having those types of feelings heading into this game, then why even bother being a Jets fan? Whats the point? Thats what I would love to know.

Because the bottom line is this...A Jets W this week, and the Jets could then be playing for 1st place of the AFC East the following week against the Panthers in New Jersey.

Just some serious questions for some posters around here, would love to read some of these answers.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by DefenseWinsChampionships2 View Post
    If the Jets make you unhappy...If you've been unhappy since 1969, well, then, why bother putting soo much emotion into the team that you love to hate?

If the Jets losing ways actually affect your personal life... Wouldn't you say it's safe to say that you have a serious problem to deal with? Life is life; something to be taken really serious. Sports are nothing more than sports; something thats exciting and fun to watch. When sports are no longer fun to watch, maybe it's time to retire, wouldn't you agree?

If you cant atleast get excited for a Jets-Patriots game (Knowing that a Jets W moves us only one game out of 1st place here in the AFC East...) Then why even bother watching this game on Sunday? Or better yet...Then why even bother posting about the Jets all week long with nothing but negativity? After all, this team has "No chance to win", right? Which means; Alot of people around here are actually only watching the game to become angry correct?

The Jets have already beat the Patriots here 2009, the Jets really have a chance to win this week. A Jets W this week against NE could have the Jets playing for 1st place of the AFC East the following week when the Patriots play a really tough Saints team... If you all knock other posters for having those types of feelings heading into this game, then why even bother being a Jets fan? Whats the point? Thats what I would love to know.

Because the bottom line is this...A Jets W this week, and the Jets could then be playing for 1st place of the AFC East the following week against the Panthers in New Jersey.

Just some serious questions for some posters around here, would love to read some of these answers.
    +1 the patriot fear on this board is laughable...bring it!

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Frankly, the anger at the team is normal, it comes and goes. What I dont get is the anger here towards fellow Jet fans just because they are either more or less enthusiastic etc.

For example, the abuse you get.

I dont quite get it... except for the odd time you want to engage in Devil Rays smack talk and banter in the baseball forum , and then I want to kill you.

Kill.

All League
    i thought you were gonna start posting less?

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by DefenseWinsChampionships2 View Post
    Excellent question. Turns out, we all have a breaking point and I just hit it today.

My coach goes for 4th and 2 from his own 28. Balls.

Your coach sh'tcans a special teamer and a line coach, cries to the team, and calls half the league looking for "advice on how to win". Sheep.

He cried. Can you believe it? Cried. "Hey Coach Cowher, Rex Ryan here. Can you tell me how to win as an NFL head coach?"

My boys are still young enough to not remember they were once Jets fans. I can burn their jerseys, toss out the Herman Edwards 3 foot bobblehead doll, and delete all the photos. I can't do this to another generation. And with only 20 years on the planet before my brain goes to slush, perhaps I'll actually be able to wear a Super Bowl Champions hat and feel fulfilled.

The Giants. I beg you. Go root for the Giants. They know how to win from top to bottom, they're local, and they're opening a gorgeous new stadium. Save your children, save yourself.

God bless, and Go Pats!

SAR From NH

Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Excellent question. Turns out, we all have a breaking point and I just hit it today.

My coach goes for 4th and 2 from his own 28. Balls.

Your coach sh'tcans a special teamer and a line coach, cries to the team, and calls half the league looking for "advice on how to win". Sheep.

He cried. Can you believe it? Cried. "Hey Coach Cowher, Rex Ryan here. Can you tell me how to win as an NFL head coach?"

My boys are still young enough to not remember they were once Jets fans. I can burn their jerseys, toss out the Herman Edwards 3 foot bobblehead doll, and delete all the photos. I can't do this to another generation. And with only 20 years on the planet before my brain goes to slush, perhaps I'll actually be able to wear a Super Bowl Champions hat and feel fulfilled.

The Giants. I beg you. Go root for the Giants. They know how to win from top to bottom, they're local, and they're opening a gorgeous new stadium. Save your children, save yourself.

God bless, and Go Pats!

SAR From NH
    I am still confused as to why you would switch to being a Pats fan and not a Steelers fan or maybe the Saints who are the hot ticket.

Good question.

Honestly, I love the Jets, since I was little. My best friend and I were both Jet fans, and he passed away in 2002 prior to the Chad Pennington season (he was 26). Ever since then, I have been bound to the Jets even more, because when I watch them they remind me of him (good memories).

The anger?

Losing to Miami, Buffalo and Jacksonville at home. All teams we should be better than and in the process essentially screwing ourselves out of a legit shot at the playoffs. Can we beat NE? Yes but they are playing much much better and we are playing much much worse than the 1st time we played them at home.

Losing to teams with better or equal talent is one thing. losing to the likes of Buffalo at home and giving away a game to Miami at home is another thing.

The fans should be downright pissed off with what has happened lately.

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by dassin View Post
    I am still confused as to why you would switch to being a Pats fan and not a Steelers fan or maybe the Saints who are the hot ticket.
    When I lived in NY for 32 years I chose a NY team to support in the Jets.

Now that I've lived in NE for 13 years I choose a NE team to support in the Patriots.

I'm no front runner, clearly my dedication to the Jets through 13 painful years up here is proof of that. But I like to root for a team where I've sewn my roots so-to-speak, so that's why it's the Patriots. If I lived in Houston, I'd be moving over to the Texans.

Don't do this to yourself. You deserve better. He cried. He cried.

SAR From NH

its the loser mentality some jets fans have. thee have been through this for so long they know the script and are just always waiting to be let down. they have given so much and are beaten down

i am 33 yrs old so been through enough. i am pretty optomistic when it comes to the jets but when they let me down it never surprises me and i have calmed down over the years

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Now that I've lived in NE for 13 years I choose a NE team to support in the Patriots.

I'm no front runner, clearly my dedication to the Jets through 13 painful years up here is proof of that. But I like to root for a team where I've sewn my roots so-to-speak, so that's why it's the Patriots. If I lived in Houston, I'd be moving over to the Texans.

SAR From NH
    Suck it, troll.

SAR From NH
    go be a red sox fan too then

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    Frankly, the anger at the team is normal, it comes and goes. What I dont get is the anger here towards fellow Jet fans just because they are either more or less enthusiastic etc.

For example, the abuse you get.

I dont quite get it... except for the odd time you want to engage in Devil Rays smack talk and banter in the baseball forum , and then I want to kill you.

Kill.
    Honestly, it's not abuse in my eyes. How could it be abuse over a message board that I enjoy posing on? When a hand full of Jet posters around here are negative towards my thoughts, posts, and feelings about the Jets, I do one of two things; A) Laugh it off, B) Continue posting like no tomorrow.

As far as the Rays go...Yeah, since I've been a kid; it's been hard being a die hard Jets, Knicks and Rays fan but you know what? Without sports, there is no such thing as "Next year". The Rays may not have made the playoffs this year, but we have a really talented team and a team that should compete for the AL East this year, thats because we have real talent as far as pitching goes. We still had a winning season this year, thats good enough for me.

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    Suck it, troll.

SAR From NH

Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    The anger?

Losing to Miami, Buffalo and Jacksonville at home. All teams we should be better than and in the process essentially screwing ourselves out of a legit shot at the playoffs. Can we beat NE? Yes but they are playing much much better and we are playing much much worse than the 1st time we played them at home.

Losing to teams with better or equal talent is one thing. losing to the likes of Buffalo at home and giving away a game to Miami at home is another thing.

The fans should be downright pissed off with what has happened lately.
    Miami, yea we lost, those 2 returns killed us, but common knowledge knows that that game would have been like 27-10.

Just saying, it's not that far fetched to think this team can beat the Pats.

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by sect313 View Post
    go be a red sox fan too then
    No way. My Yankees have treated me right and represent something positive for my children. I owe them 30 years of losing, suffering, and misery before I'd ever think about quitting on them the way the Jets have quit on me.

Please don't show me any disrespect or ill-will. I just can't take it anymore. The Jets will literally kill me. Seriously, put me 6 feet down. Could be the stress, could be the frustration, could be the 10 hour round trip drive, could be the 30 posts a day on JI. I don't want to die young because my head coach cries in front of his football team. He cried. WTF is that?

SAR From NH

All League
    We're masochists.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by jetster View Post
    Just saying, it's not that far fetched to think this team can beat the Pats.
    Especially when...you know...we've already done it once this season

All League
    as far as personal life goes, I tell my girl to give me at least 16 weeks a year to either celebrate like crazy or blow sh*t up. She is cool with that.. I work on my personal life the other time of the year.

All League
    No way. My Yankees have treated me right and represent something positive for my children. I owe them 30 years of losing, suffering, and misery before I'd ever think about quitting on them the way the Jets have quit on me.

Please don't show me any disrespect or ill-will. I just can't take it anymore. The Jets will literally kill me. Seriously, put me 6 feet down. Could be the stress, could be the frustration, could be the 10 hour round trip drive, could be the 30 posts a day on JI. I don't want to die young because my head coach cries in front of his football team. He cried. WTF is that?

SAR From NH

The Red Wings and Lakers are looking for fans too