Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is it just me? Or are alot of Jet fans around here being hard on this team?

Banned

Is it just me? Or are alot of Jet fans around here being hard on this team?

And yes, this will be my last thread that I make until after the Jets-Patriots game.

Yeah, coming into the season, I had alot of high expectations for this Jets team, thats because I seen a really tough Defense under Rex Ryan; A defense that can, could, should, and has kept us in just about each and every game so far this season (Even without Kris Jenkins).

I seen a talented backfield behind a really productive O-Line, I also seen some play makers on the Offensive side of the ball such as Jerricho Cotchery, Dustin Keller and Leon Washington but at the same time...I knew we had a rookie QB, I knew Mark Sanchez would make plenty of rookie mistakes (All rookies do) But at the same time, from what I seen on tape from his USC playing days, I also seen a really talented rookie QB in Mark Sanchez who has the potential to be our Franchise QB for many of years to come.

But at the same time...Here is my question: How can alot of these Jet fans around here expect career types of numbers out of players such as Braylon Edwards, Dustin Keller and Jerricho Cotchery; when we have a rookie QB in Mark Sanchez, and lets not forget, we also have an Offense that runs the rock more than any other team in the league...How the hell are players such as Edwards, Cotchery and Keller supposed to put up "career types of numbers" under those circumstances?

And lets not forget... Not many Jet fans were calling for an 11-5 type of season like I was during the offseason (Thats only because I seen a really talented Football team).

Just about 75% of this board had the Jets going 3-13 or winning no more than 5 games, well guess what? The Jets already have 4 W's with 7 games left in the season to put up some more W's, while winning more games than just about every Jet fan expected around here.

Yeah, the Jets lost some really close games that we could have, should have, but just didn't win such as the games against the Dolphins (2x), the Bills and the Jaguars, but yet... Those same Jet fans who were calling me a "Homer", for honestly feeling that we had a solid team here in 2009 (When they never did); are the same fans knocking Rex Ryan when we already have a top 10 type of Defense during his 1st year running the show.

Knocking Marty's boy play calling, when we have one of the most productive rushing attacks in the game today (Those same fans were saying our rushing attack had "No chance" because of a rookie QB with no experience leading the way), but yet, those same Jet fans are now the same Jet fans that are crying with each and every thread on this message board because the Jets may not make the playoffs this season (When those same fans said the Jets had NO CHANCE to begin with), or that, the Jets have lost 5 games this season...

How do any of those fans have any room to cry, complain or ***** and moan about this team, when...During the offseason, those same fans were doing nothing but crying, complaining and also *****ing and moaning; while calling every other Jets fan out for being positive about this team @ the same time... Thats what I would like to know.

Not saying any names, will not call out any posters by name in this thread, not trying to get banned because of it, but alot of Jet are being more than just being hard on this team, their actually being hypocrites @ the same time while doing so.

SOJF; Same-Old-Jets-Franchise, or... SONJF; Same-Old-Negative-Jet-Fans?

Practice Squad
    have you proposed to dustin keller yet? you should. i bet he'd be flattered.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by DefenseWinsChampionships2 View Post
    And yes, this will be my last thread that I make until after the Jets-Patriots game.
    Maybe you should just stop starting threads period. They all suck and are redundant.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Narra View Post
    have you proposed to dustin keller yet? you should. i bet he'd be flattered.
    I'm not sure about you, but I'm a really huge fan of Dustin Keller; thats my right.

Not only was Dustin Keller ranked as the Nation's #1 Pass Catching TE talent heading into the draft last offseason, but he's also been one of the most productive TE's that I've ever seen since becoming a Jets fan (As far as making plays in the passing game goes).

In just about a season and a half, Dustin Keller has 77 catches, 882 yards, an average of 11.5 yards per catch, to go along with 5 TD's. While playing with two different QB's at the same time.

Chris Baker? He played with the Jets for 7 years; only had 145 catches, 1505 yards, with 12 TD's...

You may not know how talented Dustin Keller really is, you may not feel that he can be an X-Factor for Sanchez for years to come, playing with players such as Braylon Edwards, Jerricho Cotchery, Leon Washington and Shonn Greene---But I do.

Jets Insider VIP
    I'm not sure about you, but I'm a really huge fan of Dustin Keller; thats my right.

Not only was Dustin Keller ranked as the Nation's #1 Pass Catching TE talent heading into the draft last offseason, but he's also been one of the most productive TE's that I've ever seen since becoming a Jets fan (As far as making plays in the passing game goes).

In just about a season and a half, Dustin Keller has 77 catches, 882 yards, an average of 11.5 yards per catch, to go along with 5 TD's. While playing with two different QB's at the same time.

Chris Baker? He played with the Jets for 7 years; only had 145 catches, 1505 yards, with 12 TD's...

You may not know how talented Dustin Keller really is, you may not feel that he can be an X-Factor for Sanchez for years to come, playing with players such as Braylon Edwards, Jerricho Cotchery, Leon Washington and Shonn Greene---But I do.
    Why did you post this answer here? Shouldn't you start another thread about it?

Bewildered Beast
    I think you'd have to speak something besides English to NOT know that many "Jet fans" are big-mouth complainers that think they are entitled to something because they "suffer".

Everyone seen your stupid threads. They seen your opinions here in '09. They seen you are just a loyal fan. They seen it all and their sick of it. So do everyone a favor and go back to JN. Oh right, you were banned there too.

Yeah, coming into the season, I had alot of high expectations for this Jets team, thats because I seen a really tough Defense under Rex Ryan; A defense that can, could, should, and has kept us in just about each and every game so far this season (Even without Kris Jenkins).

I seen a talented backfield behind a really productive O-Line, I also seen some play makers on the Offensive side of the ball such as Jerricho Cotchery, Dustin Keller and Leon Washington but at the same time...I knew we had a rookie QB, I knew Mark Sanchez would make plenty of rookie mistakes (All rookies do) But at the same time, from what I seen on tape from his USC playing days, I also seen a really talented rookie QB in Mark Sanchez who has the potential to be our Franchise QB for many of years to come.

But at the same time...Here is my question: How can alot of these Jet fans around here expect career types of numbers out of players such as Braylon Edwards, Dustin Keller and Jerricho Cotchery; when we have a rookie QB in Mark Sanchez, and lets not forget, we also have an Offense that runs the rock more than any other team in the league...How the hell are players such as Edwards, Cotchery and Keller supposed to put up "career types of numbers" under those circumstances?

And lets not forget... Not many Jet fans were calling for an 11-5 type of season like I was during the offseason (Thats only because I seen a really talented Football team).

Just about 75% of this board had the Jets going 3-13 or winning no more than 5 games, well guess what? The Jets already have 4 W's with 7 games left in the season to put up some more W's, while winning more games than just about every Jet fan expected around here.

Yeah, the Jets lost some really close games that we could have, should have, but just didn't win such as the games against the Dolphins (2x), the Bills and the Jaguars, but yet... Those same Jet fans who were calling me a "Homer", for honestly feeling that we had a solid team here in 2009 (When they never did); are the same fans knocking Rex Ryan when we already have a top 10 type of Defense during his 1st year running the show.

Knocking Marty's boy play calling, when we have one of the most productive rushing attacks in the game today (Those same fans were saying our rushing attack had "No chance" because of a rookie QB with no experience leading the way), but yet, those same Jet fans are now the same Jet fans that are crying with each and every thread on this message board because the Jets may not make the playoffs this season (When those same fans said the Jets had NO CHANCE to begin with), or that, the Jets have lost 5 games this season...

How do any of those fans have any room to cry, complain or ***** and moan about this team, when...During the offseason, those same fans were doing nothing but crying, complaining and also *****ing and moaning; while calling every other Jets fan out for being positive about this team @ the same time... Thats what I would like to know.

Not saying any names, will not call out any posters by name in this thread, not trying to get banned because of it, but alot of Jet are being more than just being hard on this team, their actually being hypocrites @ the same time while doing so.

SOJF; Same-Old-Jets-Franchise, or... SONJF; Same-Old-Negative-Jet-Fans?
    You dont win the SB with a Rookie playing QB. The Jets still have a chance at the Div. but thats about it. The Jets will be serious contenders next year to win it all. The Jets need to reload their CB, WR, DL and TE positions.

Jets Insider VIP
    too many threads, DWC

please just stop

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Someone who wears a Dolphin Jersey has no right to say sh*t about Jet fans here in 09-99.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastOffensive View Post
    I think you'd have to speak something besides English to NOT know that many "Jet fans" are big-mouth complainers that think they are entitled to something because they "suffer".
    There are some Jet fans that remind me of a friends crazy Aunt Flo in the early 60's that watched Medical shows like Dr Kildare,Ben Casey etc She never made it past the 8th grade but she thought she was a Medical expert and knew better how to operate or diagnose any condition better then what she saw.. Some fans here know they would be a better HC or OC if Woody would just read JI and hire them..

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

thank you for telling us how to root for the Jets. Really.. thank you.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Jets Things View Post
    Maybe you should just stop starting threads period. They all suck and are redundant.
    I come here to talk about the Jets, Football and sports in general... If you strongly believe in your thoughts, well, then, it's simple... Just dont click on a thread, read a thread, or bother posting in a thread that I make around here.

I cant stand heavy metal music, green eggs and ham, or even ping pong; thats the reason why you will never see me around any of the above. Why do something that I cant stand?

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

So we shouldn't be hard on the Jets? But we should have a hard on?

Bewildered Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    There are some Jet fans that remind me of a friends crazy Aunt Flo in the early 60's that watched Medical shows like Dr Kildare,Ben Casey etc She never made it past the 8th grade but she thought she was a Medical expert and knew better how to operate or diagnose any condition better then what she saw.. Some fans here know they would be a better HC or OC if Woody would just read JI and hire them..
    And as soon as they were given the job, their head would melt.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Patrollie View Post
    Everyone seen your stupid threads. They seen your opinions here in '09. They seen you are just a loyal fan. They seen it all and their sick of it. So do everyone a favor and go back to JN. Oh right, you were banned there too.
    Everyone knows that your a Patriots fan, everyone has seen your troll posts with each and every thread, everyone knows that you think BB and Tom Brady won the SB without *Cheating*, everyone also knows that your the type of fan that loves to piss off Jet fans with each and every post and honestly...Many of Jet fans are sick of it. So do everyone a favor and go back to the Patriots board where you belong. Oh right, you dont belong there either; because then... You would no long be able to troll Jet fans

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastOffensive View Post
    And as soon as they were given the job, their head would melt.
    True.. It's alot better to sit back and criticize with hindsight then to actually try doing the job...

Jets Insider VIP
    no problem with you loving the Jets DWC

but if there is already a thread about how Jet fans are being too tough on the Jets that you started, and three ones before that that you started, I don't see the need to start another even newer one on the same topic.

Try posting your thoughts on the ones you already started earlier on the same subject

Everyone knows that your a Patriots fan, everyone has seen your troll posts with each and every thread, everyone knows that you think BB and Tom Brady won the SB without *Cheating*, everyone also knows that your the type of fan that loves to piss off Jet fans with each and every post and honestly...Many of Jet fans are sick of it. So do everyone a favor and go back to the Patriots board where you belong. Oh right, you dont belong there either; because then... You would no long be able to troll Jet fans
    Seems to me that more Jets fans are sick of YOU than of me. What's THAT tell you here in '09?