Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 11/19/09 - FOX News Glenn Beck To Focus On The Mess Here In New York State!

11/19/09 - FOX News Glenn Beck To Focus On The Mess Here In New York State!

5:00 pm EST.

Whether you like FOX News Glenn Beck or not is not the issue. What is the issue is that New York State is in BAD financial shape.

Whether you like Governor David Paterson or not is not the issue. What is the issue is that New York State is in BAD financial shape and as much as Governor Paterson is screaming about it, no one is listening.

We might be broke next month! I've been warning you, my fellow JETS fans about this!!

Disclosure: I don't watch Glenn Beck, I was channel surfing and heard him say what he'll be talking about tomorrow.

Oh boy, wonder how this all leads back to the WH?

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Dude the U.S. owes the world like a gazillion dollars, we could start by stop bankrolling certain countries in the middle east.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

VincenzoTestevedre will go into involuntary convulsions at the site of your title....

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

From what I heard on the news this morning, New York isn't even on the same playing field with California when it comes to debt. Supposedly, Ah-Nold and company are staring at a $21 billion hole, and one of the econo-dweebs out there has actually floated the idea of California returning to commonwealth status, i.e., not a state. Not sure what that would do to mitigate the problem except maybe exempt them from a ton of federally mandated programs that pull billions from state coffers. Anyways, I found that pretty interesting.

Hall Of Fame
    Glenn Beck is to legitimate news what the CFL is to real football.

In other news, Ronald McDonald will be discussing the financial situation in New York State with his friends Grimace and the Hamburgler tomorrow evening.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by intelligentjetsfan View Post
    In other news, Ronald McDonald will be discussing the financial situation in New York State with his friends Grimace and the Hamburgler tomorrow evening.
    LOL

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by parkwayjet1 View Post
    From what I heard on the news this morning, New York isn't even on the same playing field with California when it comes to debt. Supposedly, Ah-Nold and company are staring at a $21 billion hole, and one of the econo-dweebs out there has actually floated the idea of California returning to commonwealth status, i.e., not a state. Not sure what that would do to mitigate the problem except maybe exempt them from a ton of federally mandated programs that pull billions from state coffers. Anyways, I found that pretty interesting.
    Here's a hint.

Politicians are afraid to say this but government employees in California and many states are millionaires. Guards making in excess of 200K and retiring in their 40's on 50 percent pay and full benefits.

Name ONE business that can have an employee work for 20 years, retire in their 40's and receive a pension and health insurance for life. These governments are overloaded with retirees, retiree health care costs, bloated payrolls etc...

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Colemonster View Post
    CFL? That's semi-legit football. Beck and Fox News are more like the wet t-shirt league.

Hall Of Fame
    home of the hot guy in my avatar.. oh baby!
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    Here's a hint.

Politicians are afraid to say this but government employees in California and many states are millionaires. Guards making in excess of 200K and retiring in their 40's on 50 percent pay and full benefits.

Name ONE business that can have an employee work for 20 years, retire in their 40's and receive a pension and health insurance for life. These governments are overloaded with retirees, retiree health care costs, bloated payrolls etc...
    southpark you are absolutely correct. . and i love glenn beck.

Banned
    Here's a hint.

The military has the same problem. The only solution would be to extend the perido from 20 years to 25 years but that would hugely unpopular and God forbid if the Obama Adminitration did that they'd be called America-haters by the conservative media and far-right radio.

Or we could just do what the Bust Administration did and farm out our military operations to KBR and Blackwater so they can do the same job at 20x the price.

Quote Originally Posted by VincenzoTestaverde View Post
    CFL? That's semi-legit football. Beck and Fox News are more like the wet t-shirt league.
    And you have no interest in either of them!

Quote Originally Posted by Colemonster View Post

Glenn Beck is not a newman and never claimed to be.
    His role is to expose the government's stupidity and criminality. He seems to shine the light on Barack and his criminal element quite nicely. I have yet to see a rebuttal of his attacks on the annointed one or his cronies.
    He backs up much of what he says with video footage of the criminal element associated with the WH. The fool Ed on MSNBC does not do his homework, just runs at the mouth.

Jets Insider VIP
    Guards making in excess of 200K and retiring in their 40's on 50 percent pay and full benefits....
    You think that's bad...you should see how much cops and fireman in California make. There are quite a few towns where police and fireman pay are bankrupting the entire town. You don't need a college degree to be a freaking cop or a fireman...why are they worth 200k? Unbelievable...just because you "protect and serve" and run into burning buildings?!? Give me a freaking break...

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by VincenzoTestaverde View Post
    The military has the same problem. The only solution would be to extend the perido from 20 years to 25 years but that would hugely unpopular and God forbid if the Obama Adminitration did that they'd be called America-haters by the conservative media and far-right radio.

Or we could just do what the Bust Administration did and farm out our military operations to KBR and Blackwater so they can do the same job at 20x the price.
    Agreed, but this is bi partisan and has been going on for 80 years and is at a tipping point.

I just spent the weekend with 2 retired airforce guys my age (early 40's). Each receive a pension of around $2,300 before tax. That is far different from a police officer or fireman (BOTH noble professions) retiring on 65K to
    90K.

When you look at public expenditures, it is almost all people costs. People costs on arrangements that would bankrupt any other company.

In the "Blackwater" issue, I do not know specifically BUT I can tell you that there is a TON of work that CPA's do by auditing government programs like HUD housing, LITC projects etc.... and there is NO WAY a government employee would do it. It is hard work, late hours to meet deadlines etc.... and I walked away saying to myself this is nothing but work that a government union wouldn't allow a person to do.

Interesting, but I think you and I just agreed on omething other than the Jets????

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by PlumberKhan View Post
    You think that's bad...you should see how much cops and fireman in California make. There are quite a few towns where police and fireman pay are bankrupting the entire town. You don't need a college degree to be a freaking cop or a fireman...why are they worth 200k? Unbelievable...just because you "protect and serve" and run into burning buildings?!? Give me a freaking break...

I agree, VERY NOBLE professions BUT check the salaries on LI. Very similar to California.

Guys like glenn beck, sean hannity, mark levin and rush limbaugh give conservatism a bad name. their shows are all about ratings and thus any real intelligent person can't respect thier POV as genuine and true.

Its a shame because there's definitely a place for conservatism in the political sphere, but these guys turn it in to a jerry springer show.

The Gov't is spending a lot more money on contractors. If you look at the law enforcement/fire federal system the gov't has gotten rid of the civil service pension system.

Glenn Beck belongs in a mental institution.