Thread: Blockbuster keeper league offer

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

Blockbuster keeper league offer

Tempting offer proposed to me in my keeper league. Keep in mind I just lost Ronnie Brown to IR. Trade deadline is tomorrow.

He gives:
    Adrian Peterson
    Andre Johnson
    Matt Ryan

I give:
    DeAngelo Williams
    Vincent Jackson
    Tom Brady

My RBs are now DeAngelo Williams, Pierre Thomas, Ced Benson (hurt)/Bernard Scott (backup), Ronnie Brown (IR).

Because of the huge divide between Brady and Ryan, I think I'm giving up a small amount of total value here but I do gain a top 3 keeper and an arguable upgrade at my primary WR slot.

Peterson is a sizable upgrade over DeAngelo, especially with Stewart pulling carries and Williams facing NE, MIN, and NYG during what will be the playoffs. Peterson only has to face CIN and then two of the lower ranked rush defenses in CAR and CHI.

The QB downgrade obviously sucks, but if it positions my team better in future years without damaging my prospects in in this year's playoffs too much (currently 4th place but leading the league in scoring by 150), it's probably worth it.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Very tough call. I'd probably accept the deal if I was you.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I took it. It's huge shakeup to my team but I don't think I lose much, if any, production down the stretch and having Peterson to anchor my RB squad in future years is pretty sweet.