Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 31 of 31

Thread: Nick Swisher on the trading block?

  1. #21
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    North Shore of Long Island. East Setauket
    Posts
    1,575
    swisher had a pretty good season by stats...but he was benched for harriston in the playoffs when it counted...cashman was on brandon tierney today and said that they will work something out if they can but if they dont then hes gone....he made 6.5 mil this year than next year i think its 8 then 10.5 i dont know if the yanks should be paying him that kind of money...he had 29 hrs during the season but cant field for yak...so i think there are other guys who could fill his role....plus i would like to see what austin jackson is all about.

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by BigJet85 View Post
    swisher had a pretty good season by stats...but he was benched for harriston in the playoffs when it counted...cashman was on brandon tierney today and said that they will work something out if they can but if they dont then hes gone....he made 6.5 mil this year than next year i think its 8 then 10.5 i dont know if the yanks should be paying him that kind of money...he had 29 hrs during the season but cant field for yak...so i think there are other guys who could fill his role....plus i would like to see what austin jackson is all about.
    LOL.... Cashman didn't say anything like that

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by BigJet85 View Post
    swisher had a pretty good season by stats...but he was benched for harriston in the playoffs when it counted...cashman was on brandon tierney today and said that they will work something out if they can but if they dont then hes gone....he made 6.5 mil this year than next year i think its 8 then 10.5 i dont know if the yanks should be paying him that kind of money...he had 29 hrs during the season but cant field for yak...so i think there are other guys who could fill his role....plus i would like to see what austin jackson is all about.

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by BigJet85 View Post
    swisher had a pretty good season by stats...but he was benched for harriston in the playoffs when it counted...cashman was on brandon tierney today and said that they will work something out if they can but if they dont then hes gone....he made 6.5 mil this year than next year i think its 8 then 10.5 i dont know if the yanks should be paying him that kind of money...he had 29 hrs during the season but cant field for yak...so i think there are other guys who could fill his role....plus i would like to see what austin jackson is all about.
    You clearly have no idea what you are talking about. Stop embarrassing yourself.

  5. #25
    i'll keep this as simple as i can

    swisher = paul o'neill

    obviously the comparison isn't perfect, but he brings extremely similar numbers and defensive prowess, and what o'neill brought in anger when he got an out, swisher brings in goofiness and clubhouse fun and cohesiveness.

    so, long story short, no, we should not be dealing swisher. he's more than worth the money he's due. he hit 29 home runs and 80 rbi making 6 mil. a-rod hit 30 home runs and had 100 rbi at 32 mil. and you want to deal away swish? sorry, thats a mistake.

    (that doesn't mean i think we should deal a-rod either, i just brought it up to drive home my point that swish is valuable)

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanmcg86 View Post
    i'll keep this as simple as i can

    swisher = paul o'neill

    obviously the comparison isn't perfect, but he brings extremely similar numbers and defensive prowess, and what o'neill brought in anger when he got an out, swisher brings in goofiness and clubhouse fun and cohesiveness.

    so, long story short, no, we should not be dealing swisher. he's more than worth the money he's due. he hit 29 home runs and 80 rbi making 6 mil. a-rod hit 30 home runs and had 100 rbi at 32 mil. and you want to deal away swish? sorry, thats a mistake.

    (that doesn't mean i think we should deal a-rod either, i just brought it up to drive home my point that swish is valuable)
    I really like Swisher, but I don't like the comparison. O'Neill was a better hitter. Better average and gets on base more.
    Last edited by Tyler Durden; 11-23-2009 at 12:38 PM.

  7. #27
    All League
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Farmingdale, NY
    Posts
    2,523
    I think the only way the Yankees should deal Swisher is in a trade for Roy Halladay.

    Swisher was productive, loves being a Yankee and in my opinion, worth keeping around while sorting out Damon and Matsui.


    The dream offseason for the Yankees is trading for Halladay, signing Matt Holliday and letting Damon/Matsui walk. You'll probably have to give up Joba or Hughes and Swisher in the process.

    You go into next season with Holliday in left, Posada at the DH spot and a trio of Melky, Austin Jackson and Brett Gardner to play center and left.

    And by trading for Halladay, Brian Cashman can confidently walk into Andy's living room in, just as pitchers and catchers report, and sell him on coming back for one more year as the fourth starter.

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by SafetyBlitz View Post
    I think the only way the Yankees should deal Swisher is in a trade for Roy Halladay.

    Swisher was productive, loves being a Yankee and in my opinion, worth keeping around while sorting out Damon and Matsui.


    The dream offseason for the Yankees is trading for Halladay, signing Matt Holliday and letting Damon/Matsui walk. You'll probably have to give up Joba or Hughes and Swisher in the process.

    You go into next season with Holliday in left, Posada at the DH spot and a trio of Melky, Austin Jackson and Brett Gardner to play center and left.

    And by trading for Halladay, Brian Cashman can confidently walk into Andy's living room in, just as pitchers and catchers report, and sell him on coming back for one more year as the fourth starter.
    I really don't think Halliday is on the Yankees radar, whatever interest you hear will be to drive up the price. They didn't trade for Santana because they had to trade trade very good prospects and give Santana a big extension, the same goes for Halladay, not sure why they would change their mind, especially after just winning the World Series.

    Posada, if healthy, is going to catch a majority of the games next season.

    I want to bring in Holliday. If he was a left handed hitter, I would say you can bet on the Yankees signing him, but I'm not sure they will, they may want to hold off until next years free agent class to bring in LF or a big bat.
    Last edited by Tyler Durden; 11-23-2009 at 11:03 PM.

  9. #29
    i'll keep this as simple as i can

    swisher = paul o'neill

    obviously the comparison isn't perfect, but he brings extremely similar numbers and defensive prowess, and what o'neill brought in anger when he got an out, swisher brings in goofiness and clubhouse fun and cohesiveness.

    so, long story short, no, we should not be dealing swisher. he's more than worth the money he's due. he hit 29 home runs and 80 rbi making 6 mil. a-rod hit 30 home runs and had 100 rbi at 32 mil. and you want to deal away swish? sorry, thats a mistake.

    (that doesn't mean i think we should deal a-rod either, i just brought it up to drive home my point that swish is valuable)


    O'niell and a-rod comparisons... my friend, i think your retarded
    Last edited by Gholstons Revenge; 11-23-2009 at 07:31 PM.

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
    I really don't think Holliday is on the Yankees radar, whatever interest you hear will be to drive up the price. They didn't trade for Santana because they had to trade trade very good prospects and give Santana a big extension, the same goes for Halladay, not sure why they would change their mind, especially after just winning the World Series.

    Posada, if healthy, is going to catch a majority of the game next season.

    I want to bring in Holliday. If he was a left handed hitter, I would say you can bet on the Yankees trading for him, but I'm not sure they will, they may want to hold off until next years free agent class to bring in LF or a big bat.


    wh

  11. #31
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    9,157
    Quote Originally Posted by Gholstons Revenge View Post
    swisher = paul o'neill
    Pretty cool comparison and shows why we should never trade Swisher unless we get an amazing offer for Halladay or someone like that.

    During the sh*t years from 2002-2007 we never had a guy like that. We had douchwads like Gary Sheffield.
    Last edited by VincenzoTestaverde; 11-23-2009 at 10:52 PM.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us