View Poll Results: Sarah Palin, President?

Voters
42. You may not vote on this poll
  • Absolutely

10 23.81%
  • No ****ing way

25 59.52%
  • Maybe

7 16.67%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Would you ever vote for Sarah Palin to be President

Would you ever vote for Sarah Palin to be President

Vote.

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    As long the candidate were a Conservative Republican, I would vote for Mickey Mouse......

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
    Vote.
    Dude, are you ****ing kidding?

This thread is retarded on so many levels.

Quote Originally Posted by pauliec View Post
    Dude, are you ****ing kidding?

This thread is retarded on so many levels.
    I think she could win the Republican nominee, so I don't think it's a crazy question.
    Last edited by Tyler Durden; 11-19-2009 at 10:13 PM.

I think she would win the Republican nominee.
    That just speaks to the vast amount of knowledge you have concerning American politics.

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    She could get the nomination, it is possible, she let all her dirt, and bs out in that new book.....smart, get it over with and out of mind, to make a run. A female will become Pres. eventually. Much easier to get in following someone like Obama.

That just speaks to the vast amount of knowledge you have concerning American politics.
    Not sure what Republicans think of Nate Silver, it's hard to keep up with who they consider left wing hacks, but read this.

http://www.fivethirtyeight.com/2009/...could-win.html
    Last edited by Tyler Durden; 11-19-2009 at 10:13 PM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Apache 51 View Post
    She could get the nomination, it is possible, she let all her dirt, and bs out in that new book.....smart, get it over with and out of mind, to make a run. A female will become Pres. eventually. Much easier to get in following someone like Obama.
    I also have a strong feeling that America will see a Female president one day, I'm just not sure when. As for me? I'm just not a Sarah Palin supporter. It's possible though, anything is possible in America, heck; Even Latvia, the Country where my lady was born has has Female presidents in the past

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Paulie, you would be amazed at the number of Americans that dont emigrate to Ireland and then become instant critics of the government, but we've been blessed with the opposite.

Its a trait unique to the self-righteous "bounce back and forth between the US and Ireland dependant upon the economy" Irish crowd.

The only ones worse than Tyler, are the ones back home in Ireland buying their tickets back to the US as the Celtic tiger spins in its grave. Wait til you hear from these eejits.

My father, a Proud Kerryman, RIP, and an even prouder American, would not not abide by this sort of thing.
    Last edited by 32green; 11-19-2009 at 10:25 PM.

Not sure what Republicans think of Nate Silver, it's hard to keep up with who they consider left wing hacks, but read this.

http://www.fivethirtyeight.com/2009/...could-win.html
    Some of these reasons don't make any sense. For example:

3. The other candidates are flawed. Mitt Romney has limited appeal to the evangelical base and is an unapologetically establishment candidate in a primary where anti-establishment sentiments are liable to prevail. Newt Gingirch has never been especially popular, has never won an election for any office higher than the U.S. House, and lost some street cred among conservative activists with his failure to endorse Doug Hoffman. Tim Pawlenty is unpopular in his home state, barely registering as a national candidate, and appears to suffer from Romney's flaw of running away from his record. Mike Huckabee, I think, is underrated, but the Club for Growth crowd will never like him, and his hokeyness could grow a little tiresome in the face of a year-long primary campaign.

Dead wrong on both Romney and Pawlenty. The Economist actually had a pretty good piece this week about T-Paw's mounting campaign, and Romney's value is ever more attractive with the economy in the tank.

4. The other candidates might not run. Although I doubt that Palin can clear the conservative half of the GOP field, someone like a Huckabee could very well decide to go ahead and let Palin run her course, re-entering the field in a 2016 climate that is liable to be more favorable to Republicans.

Also dead wrong. This is terrible assumption to make without knowing how the 2010 elections will unfold.

5. The media will be rooting for her. She's good for the bottom line; off the top of my head, I'd guess that an Obama versus Palin election would generate at least 20-30 percent higher ratings than Obama against Mystery Republican X. Also, some players in the liberal media may be rooting for her because they'll assume that a Palin win in the primary could give Obama an easier path toward re-election.

The phrases "Off the top of my head" and "may be" are excellent to use in forming a substantial argument.

6. She's tough to campaign against. Why? Because any perceived or real slight against Palin is taken by her supporters as an example of sexism, elitism, or media bias; just wait until Huckabee or Romney makes their first impolitic comment about Palin in a debate or an interview and watch the sparks fly.

That's what they said about Hillary and in the end no one cared.

7. There are virtually no moderates left in the Republican base. Although, there may be a significant number of independents voting in some of the primary states, which makes things marginally harder for Palin than in election where many independents were sucked into the Democratic primaries.

Right, except for Romney and Pawlenty, who the author already conveniently wrote off.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

I think she could win the Republican nominee, so I don't think it's a crazy question.
    Perhaps she could "be" the nominee, she could not "win" it.

Quote Originally Posted by DefenseWinsChampionships2 View Post
    I also have a strong feeling that America will see a Female president one day, I'm just not sure when. As for me? I'm just not a Sarah Palin supporter. It's possible though, anything is possible in America, heck; Even Latvia, the Country where my lady was born has has Female presidents in the past
    Is she an elite talent?

Jets Insider VIP
    I don't know, money is the mother's milk of politics, money will dictate as it usually does....what happens.

Here is the opposing view.

http://www.fivethirtyeight.com/2009/...rejoinder.html

I wouldn't rule her out.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Key word is EVER.

Ask people in 1955 if they'd vote for the actor, Ronald Reagan.

Right now, no. But in 10, 15, 20 years who knows how things work out?!?!?

That's why I'm a very strong Maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by Apache 51 View Post
    I don't know, money is the mother's milk of politics, money will dictate as it usually does....what happens.
    One would think she would be a money cow.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

One would think she would be a money cow.
    Care to explain how one would think that, or did it just feel cool to say?

And please, no links. YOU say it.

Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    Key word is EVER.

Ask people in 1955 if they'd vote for the actor, Ronald Reagan.

Right now, no. But in 10, 15, 20 years who knows how things work out?!?!?

That's why I'm a very strong Maybe.
    Eh, in 10,15,20 years she won't be as nice to look at.

Hardcore left or right aside, c'mon...

She's a buffoon.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Eh, in 10,15,20 years she won't be as nice to look at.
    LOL. Most definitely true.

We need some real political polls around here, like could FF2 find his way out of a voting booth if his life depended on it? Or, would he walk inside, insert a quarter, pull the lever and yell, "C'mon 3 cherries!"

(FF2, I only kid because I love)