Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The three main reasons why I believe strongly in a Jets W over the Patriots tomorrow:

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

The three main reasons why I believe strongly in a Jets W over the Patriots tomorrow:

A) An improved rushing attack since we last played the Patriots during week number two, thanks to the addition of Braylon Edwards. B) A Defense that can pressure Tom Brady into making mistakes. C) Darrelle Revis being able to shut down Randy Moss really takes away a strong dimension for Tom Brady and that Patriots offense.

A) Our rushing attack has improved in more ways than one since the addition of Braylon Edwards. He's the #1 WR that we didn't have during week two against the Patriots. As we all know, Braylon Edwards is a player that can stretch the field, demands double teams, which has improved the Jets ground attack in a major ways since coming to the Jets.

The Jets only had 4 rushing 1st downs against the Patriots during week two, I look for that number to be around 8-12 this week. The Jets rushed the rock 31 times, but yet, had 0 TD's, an average of only 3.8 yards per rush, with only 117 yards of rushing offense... We took time off the clock by rushing the ball 31 times, but the Jets weren't all that productive with Cotchery and Stuckey on the outside. This week, it's a huge difference with Braylon Edwards and Jerricho Cotchery as our 1-2 punch at the WR position, I look for our rushing attack to be alot more productive under those circumstances with Thomas Jones and Shonn Greene.

Before Braylon Edwards joined the Jets, the Jets played 4 games with Cotchery and Stuckey on the outside;

The Jets rushing attack, after 4 games, had an average of 130.5 rushing yards per game, an average of 3.9 yards per carry, with an average of 1.0 rushing TD's per game,

Since the addition of Braylon Edwards, the Jets have played 5 games with Braylon Edwards as our #1 WR.

The Jets rushing attack, over these 5 games with Braylon Edwards as our #1 WR, has had an average of 201.8 rushing yards per game, an average of 5.2 yards per carry, with an average of 1.8 rushing TD's per game.

Since the addition of Braylon Edwards, our rushing attack has averaged 71.3 more rushing yards, an extra 1.3 yards per carry, along with .8 more TD's per game... Against the Patriots tomorrow...I look for the Jets to rush for alot more than just 117 yards, I also expect our average yards per carry to be alot more productive than 3.8 yards per carry.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    B) Our Pass Defense has been real strong this season, we rank as the 3rd most productive pass Defense in the league.

What makes alot of Jet fans even think that the Patriots will have a chance to be up on the Jets by 30+ points during tomorrow's game? I've been reading alot of that type of talk around the landing strip as of late.

Does everyone seem to forget that Brady and the Patriots Offense failed to score an Offensive TD during week two against this Jets Defense under Rex Ryan?

The Jets Defensive pass rush also hit Tom Brady 7 times during week two, that was without our best pass rusher from the outside in Calvin Pace. The Patriots Defense only hit Mark Sanchez, a rookie making his 2nd NFL career start, 2 times during week two.

The pressure that the Jets Defense put on Tom Brady had nothing to do with Tom Brady "being rusty", and had everything to do with the Patriots O-Line having serious problems protecting Tom Brady in the pocket, due to a Rex Ryan type of pass rush for 4 quarters strong.

All of this talk about "Tom Brady being rusty" or "Tom Brady wasn't 100% during week two", is complete trash in my eyes. The man was 100% healthy, the Jets Defense got the best of Brady and the Patriots Offense that week. It could happen again tomorrow.

If Tom Brady was "Rusty", then explain why Tom Brady went 39-53, 378 yards, 2 TD's/1 INT, Completion % of 73.6, with a QB raiting of 97.8 against the Bills during week one of the season... Wasn't he "Rusty" during his 1st game back from an injury the year before?

Also, if Tom Brady was "Rusty during week two against the Jets" Then explain why Tom Brady went 25-42, 277 yards, 1 TD/0 INT's, completion % of 59.5, with a QB raiting of 87.1 against the Falcons during week three of the season... Was he just not rusty anymore after the Jets beat down? Did he become "Tom Brady" over night?

Lets not forget, Tom Brady had QB raitings of 100.8 against the Ravens, 97.4 against the Broncos, 152.8 against the Titans, 107.3 against the Bucs, 93.5 against the Dolphins, 110.7 against the Colts:

But yet... Against the Jets, during week two... Brady had his worst game of the season with a QB raiting of only 53.1, wemt 23/47, 216 yards, completion % of only 48.9, 0 TD's/1 INT.

Maybe it's because this Jets Pass Defense is pretty damn good this season? They've only allowed 6 TD's through the air after 9 games; ranks 1st in the leage.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    C) Darrelle Revis is the best overall corner in the game today. During the week two game, Tom Brady couldn't expose our entire Defense with Randy Moss. The Jets Defense not only confused Brady with the pass rush, but we also shut down his #1 WR in Randy Moss at the same time.

Randy Moss had 12 catches, 141 yards, 11.8 average yards per catch, 0 TD's against the Bills week one; explosive game.

Randy Moss had 10 catches, 116 yards, 11.6 average yards per catch, 0 TD's against the Falcons week three; really strong game.

But yet... Against the Jets and Darrelle Revis, Randy Moss only had 4 catches, 24 yards, 6.0 average yards per catch with 0 TD's against the Jets in week two; Moss was shut down by Revis, who even had an INT one on one against Moss.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dude you're just setting yourself up for a huge disappointment man.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Tom Brady was rusty, Welker was out and Maroney wasn't a factor for the Pats back than. Our D is highly over rated and our runnning attack while absolutely amazing in terms of total yardage is highly over rated in terms of producing first downs, third and short and points.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DefenseWinsChampionships2 View Post
    B) Our Pass Defense has been real strong this season, we rank as the 3rd most productive pass Defense in the league.

What makes alot of Jet fans even think that the Patriots will have a chance to be up on the Jets by 30+ points during tomorrow's game? I've been reading alot of that type of talk around the landing strip as of late.

Does everyone seem to forget that Brady and the Patriots Offense failed to score an Offensive TD during week two against this Jets Defense under Rex Ryan?

The Jets Defensive pass rush also hit Tom Brady 7 times during week two, that was without our best pass rusher from the outside in Calvin Pace. The Patriots Defense only hit Mark Sanchez, a rookie making his 2nd NFL career start, 2 times during week two.

The pressure that the Jets Defense put on Tom Brady had nothing to do with Tom Brady "being rusty", and had everything to do with the Patriots O-Line having serious problems protecting Tom Brady in the pocket, due to a Rex Ryan type of pass rush for 4 quarters strong.

All of this talk about "Tom Brady being rusty" or "Tom Brady wasn't 100% during week two", is complete trash in my eyes. The man was 100% healthy, the Jets Defense got the best of Brady and the Patriots Offense that week. It could happen again tomorrow.

If Tom Brady was "Rusty", then explain why Tom Brady went 39-53, 378 yards, 2 TD's/1 INT, Completion % of 73.6, with a QB raiting of 97.8 against the Bills during week one of the season... Wasn't he "Rusty" during his 1st game back from an injury the year before?

Also, if Tom Brady was "Rusty during week two against the Jets" Then explain why Tom Brady went 25-42, 277 yards, 1 TD/0 INT's, completion % of 59.5, with a QB raiting of 87.1 against the Falcons during week three of the season... Was he just not rusty anymore after the Jets beat down? Did he become "Tom Brady" over night?

Lets not forget, Tom Brady had QB raitings of 100.8 against the Ravens, 97.4 against the Broncos, 152.8 against the Titans, 107.3 against the Bucs, 93.5 against the Dolphins, 110.7 against the Colts:

But yet... Against the Jets, during week two... Brady had his worst game of the season with a QB raiting of only 53.1, wemt 23/47, 216 yards, completion % of only 48.9, 0 TD's/1 INT.

Maybe it's because this Jets Pass Defense is pretty damn good this season? They've only allowed 6 TD's through the air after 9 games; ranks 1st in the leage.
    Didn't you say on Monday you weren't confident? What has changed?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha...... ......ad infinitum .....

God Bless your positiveness ......... we're in for a REAL BIG BEATDOWN ........ I'll be shocked if we post any points at all

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    On a side note DWC2, I like the new A., B., C., format vs. the old 1., 2., 3.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    defense wins 2 championships

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    DW2, I also like the way you broke your post up into 3 posts. No one will notice its really really long.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
    DW2, I also like the way you broke your post up into 3 posts. No one will notice its really really long.

I noticed. I didn't read any of it, but I noticed.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Orrrrr...

A) Our strong dominating rushing attack doesn't win us games.
    B) Defense couldn't pressure into Garrard making mistakes.
    C) Welker

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Chupa View Post
    Dude you're just setting yourself up for a huge disappointment man.
    How am I setting myself up for disappointment?

I enjoy being excited and pumped up for an AFC East rival game between my Jets & the Patriots...

I enjoy knowing the fact that the Jets have beat this NE team twice in a row, while also understanding that this Jets team has a solid chance of winning tomorrow.

If you can not believe as a sports fan, whats the point of following the team? If you can not get excited for a Jets-Patriots game, then why even bother posting here on JetsInsider?

It doesn't matter what types of feelings I have heading into the game, it doesn't matter what I say or dont say here on JetsInsider...None of that matters, because a Jets loss will disappointment me no matter what. The Jets could be with an O-Line of 5 backups, the Jets could have Kevin Barlow as our running back, the Jets could have Marcus Henry and Tim Dwight as our 1-2 punch @ the WR position, the Jets could have Justin Miller as our #1 CB and guess what? A Jets loss would still disappointment me...

I would be disappointed in myself, if as a fan, I thought this Patriots team would beat the Jets by 20+ points, thats because I would then be the type of negative fan who has no idea what type of talent surrounds this Jets team at just about each and every position. I believe that the Jets can sweep the Patriots tomorrow, if I didn't, as a fan, I would be disappointed in myself for not believing.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Take the Pats and win yourself some money..Either way you'll be happy..No way i see the Jets beating the Pats tomorrow.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MDL_JET View Post
    Orrrrr...

A) Our strong dominating rushing attack doesn't win us games.
    B) Defense couldn't pressure into Garrard making mistakes.
    C) Welker
    A) Our #1 rushing attack atleast gave us a chance to win us alot of games.
    B) Our Defense held the Jaguars to 3 2nd half points last week.
    C) Calvin Pace, Braylon Edwards.

D) Jerricho Cotchery also becomes our #2 WR, instead of being our #1 WR.

E) Mark Sanchez was only starting his 2nd NFL career game against the Patriots in week #2; Still put up a QB raiting of 100+. Mark Sanchez will now be starting in his 10th career NFL game tomorrow against the Patriots, thats a big difference as far as playing time, NFL experience and game preparation goes for a Rookie QB.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    nice idea by DWC though replacing one interminally long unreadable post (for which he started an unnecessary and unneeded thread) with

THREE interminally long unreadable posts

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

2 words for you...Mayo and Welker

both did not play at the first outing. Pass the Kool Aid please.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by tinsink93 View Post
    both did not play at the first outing. Pass the Kool Aid please.
    Two names for you: Calvin Pace and Braylon Edwards. Both did not play against the Patriots during our W in week two.