Thread: Artificial surface for MLS Final?

Veteran

Artificial surface for MLS Final?

Seattle brings an energetic crowd which is good for the league but the surface makes for lousy futbol. The track is too fast, the ball bounces too hard, and it contributes to a lot of poor touches and sloppy play.

I know, it's terrible. FieldTurf is a terrible surface for soccer.

That being said, this has been a pretty good game. Tied 1-1 after extra time, penalty kicks upcoming.

Real Salt Lake wins on PK's... the biggest shocker was Landon Donovan airmailing his penalty kick over the crossbar. What a choke artist.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by pauliec View Post
    I know, it's terrible. FieldTurf is a terrible surface for soccer.

That being said, this has been a pretty good game. Tied 1-1 after extra time, penalty kicks upcoming.
    I agree. The second half, OT, and PK's were entertaining...but it wasn't necessarily good futbol. The first 45 minutes was garbage except for the LA goal.

Veteran
    Real Salt Lake wins on PK's... the biggest shocker was Landon Donovan airmailing his penalty kick over the crossbar. What a choke artist.
    I told my brother he was overdue for a miss and it was coming. I'm just glad his streak ended tonight and not in South Africa.

I lol'd when he did that...I guess that makes me a bad person.

+1 Roadfan...hope he has it out of his system.