Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 'Jersey Shore' reality show on MTV crudely depicts Italian-Americans, group says

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

'Jersey Shore' reality show on MTV crudely depicts Italian-Americans, group says

[url]http://www.newser.com/article/d9c648tg0/group-asks-mtv-to-cancel-jersey-shore-reality-show-saying-it-slurs-italian-americans.html[/url]

[QUOTE]A national Italian-American organization based in New Jersey says an MTV reality show that depicts Italian-American beach goers as the "hottest, tannest, craziest Guidos" is offensive and should be scrapped before it airs.[/QUOTE]

[url]http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/2009/11/jersey_shore_reality_show_on_m.html[/url]

[QUOTE]UNICO National said today that "Jersey Shore" relies on crude stereotypes and highlights cursing, bad behavior and violence in depicting renters at a New Jersey beach house.

A promo describes the participants thusly: "They keep their hair high, their muscles juiced and their fists pumping all summer long!"

UNICO President Andre DiMino calls the show "trash television."

It's scheduled to debut Dec. 3.[/QUOTE]

I fully support this group!
    Last edited by Tyler Durden; 11-24-2009 at 07:37 PM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    i think its crudely depicts people from Jersey more than Italian-Americans..

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Can't Wait

[IMG]http://i50.tinypic.com/2vimsuo.jpg[/IMG]

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=LIDeadHead;3372121]Can't Wait

[IMG]http://i50.tinypic.com/2vimsuo.jpg[/IMG][/QUOTE]

Classic!

I bet you support it, causin it gets them outta your neighborhood.

:D

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    The question is whether it is reality or is it contrived and somewhat acted/scripted. I've seen quite a few pictures, Youtube videos, etc. that make me think the worst part about this MTV show could be that it's very accurate! :eek:

The use of derogatory terms, stereotypes, etc. is appalling. But, unless this thing is scripted/acted, I'm not sure that showing Jersey Shore people, many of whom happen to be Italian-Americans, acting the way they usually act is wrong. :huh:

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Tyler Durden;3372108][url]http://www.newser.com/article/d9c648tg0/group-asks-mtv-to-cancel-jersey-shore-reality-show-saying-it-slurs-italian-americans.html[/url]

[url]http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/2009/11/jersey_shore_reality_show_on_m.html[/url]

I fully support this group![/QUOTE]

I can get on board with this group, for sure.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetstream23;3372126]The question is whether it is reality or is it contrived and somewhat acted/scripted. I've seen quite a few pictures, Youtube videos, etc. that make me think the worst part about this MTV show could be that it's very accurate! :eek:

The use of derogatory terms, stereotypes, etc. is appalling. But, unless this thing is scripted/acted, I'm not sure that showing Jersey Shore people, many of whom happen to be Italian-Americans, acting the way they usually act is wrong. :huh:[/QUOTE]

These people exist. They flock to Seaside Heights every summer.

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4JMOh-cul6M[/url]

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Here are a few of these jack asses driving down the shore.

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9RfUMBgfhn0[/url]

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    being a 23 year old male who goes to the jersey shore all summer i can tell u first hand that some of this is scripted but at the same time THIER PERSONALITIES AND ACTIONS ARE NOT SCRIPTED!

people like this actually exist and are over running the seaside/belmar area and it gets pretty unbearable somtimes for someone that isnt a guido..

I know for a fact some of it is scripted however since me and my friends were involved in a scenario during the making of the show. It was a staged fight between a kid that we were hanging out with and this girl. Our friend was not in on it but we were quickly told to play along once the sh!t hit the fan.

To explain the scenario, which im not sure will be on the show or not, we were at a bar on the boardwalk. A girl, presumably one from the show, came up and started dancing on our friend really grinding with him. All of a sudden she turns around and flips out and he turns to us and is like "dude i literally did nothing, i dont knwo what he problem is" The bouncers proceede to grab us forcefully and drag us out. The bouncer who grabs one of my good friend is laughing and tells us to play along that this is for a show. The MTV producers start filiming our friend who got into the scuffle and fall in love with his attitude... Long story short they offered us a free day at the bar to come back and reinact similar scenes which was refused by all of us

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=pauliec;3372130]I can get on board with this group, for sure.[/QUOTE]

I truly am sorry for your local.

Frickin guidos.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Chrebetfan80;3372144]being a 23 year old male who goes to the jersey shore all summer i can tell u first hand that some of this is scripted but at the same time THIER PERSONALITIES AND ACTIONS ARE NOT SCRIPTED!

people like this actually exist and are over running the seaside/belmar area and it gets pretty unbearable somtimes for someone that isnt a guido..

I know for a fact some of it is scripted however since me and my friends were involved in a scenario during the making of the show. It was a staged fight between a kid that we were hanging out with and this girl. Our friend was not in on it but we were quickly told to play along once the sh!t hit the fan.

To explain the scenario, which im not sure will be on the show or not, we were at a bar on the boardwalk. A girl, presumably one from the show, came up and started dancing on our friend really grinding with him. All of a sudden she turns around and flips out and he turns to us and is like "dude i literally did nothing, i dont knwo what he problem is" The bouncers proceede to grab us forcefully and drag us out. The bouncer who grabs one of my good friend is laughing and tells us to play along that this is for a show. The MTV producers start filiming our friend who got into the scuffle and fall in love with his attitude... Long story short they offered us a free day at the bar to come back and reinact similar scenes which was refused by all of us[/QUOTE]

Just like those shows in California. My ex girl friend "went to" the same fashion school as one of the chicks on The Hills. She had to sign a release form when they filmed at the school. I put "went to" in quotations, because the chick didn't actually go to the school.
    Last edited by Tyler Durden; 11-24-2009 at 08:12 PM.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Tyler Durden;3372141]Here are a few of these jack asses driving down the shore.

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9RfUMBgfhn0[/url][/QUOTE]

its sad because its soo true that kids like this go down there... look i admit that i dress nice and go out and dance to house music but i am in no way a loud obnoxious mess like that

the kids that go out that are oranger than an oompa loompa's ass from fake tanner and have hair that is soo spiked up u could pop a beach ball on it are the ones that ruin it for everyone

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Tyler Durden;3372151]Just like those shows in California. My ex girl friend "went to" the same fashion school as one of the chicks on The Hills. She had to sign release forms when they filmed at the school. I put "went to" in quotations, because the chick didn't actually go to the school.[/QUOTE]

i believe it... there is no such thing as reality shows.. The fact is reality is boring theres nothing interesting about a bunch of idiots sitting around living their lives.

real world is entertaining but ppl have to understand those people have 0 tv 0 radio and can only spend a few hours a day online so they have like 0 connection to the outside world. They make it so you have to sit in that house and just stair at people till u hate them.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    MTV is so bad. When was the last time they showed a music video?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's also not only Italian-Americans. There are dozens of Polish guys in my town who dress and act like these dopes.

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Post Thanks / Like
    One in four people in NJ have Italian decent, so you are bound to come across some stunades.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Haha, I cant wait for this terrible show.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Post Thanks / Like
    I was once forced to fight a leprechaun for a reality show.

So this hits home.

_

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=32green;3372209]I was once forced to fight a leprechaun for a reality show.

So this hits home.

_[/QUOTE]

I heard the sequel series will take place in Breezy Point.:yes:

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    Believe it or not, I'm more insulted as a Jersey Shore resident than I am as an I-talian wop dago.