Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!

Thread: What are you cooking for Thanksgiving?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

What are you cooking for Thanksgiving?

My sister-in-law makes the bird, but I make the STUFFING!!

Your basic but oh so good sausage, onions, celery, thyme, sage parsley version. Make it tomorrow am and bring it over her house, where the party is.

And Roasted Butternut Squash.

And a great Apple Pie--no brown sugar or cinnamon or nutmeg.

Just picked up some Apremont (thank you Timmy) and some Beaujolais Nouveau (I always have to bring it) and some Cotes du Rhone.

Can't wait!!

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm in charge of the mashed. Thinkin bout a pesto mashed.
    Thoughts?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I just finished making a cranberry/quince compote, orange pound cake, crustless pumpkin pie, and a sausage/apple/sage based stuffing. Tomorrow, I'll rub and slow roast a fresh turkey, to be served with mashed potatoes fortified with butter and cream, and spinach sautéed in garlic and olive oil. Apéritif will be Champagne, and wine with dinner is a Côtes du Rhône.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Borgoguy;3373419]I just finished making a cranberry/quince compote, orange pound cake, crustless pumpkin pie, and a sausage/apple/sage based stuffing. Tomorrow, I'll rub and slow roast a fresh turkey, to be served with mashed potatoes fortified with butter and cream, and spinach sautéed in garlic and olive oil. Apéritif will be Champagne, and wine with dinner is a [B]Côtes du Rhône[/B].[/QUOTE]

What do they say about brilliant minds? :D

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JStokes;3373421]What do they say about brilliant minds? :D[/QUOTE]

Enjoy it tomorrow, my friend. I'll toast to your health.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JStokes;3373421]What do they say about brilliant minds? :D[/QUOTE]

"aint too many in teh hampuh"

:D

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Borgoguy;3373422]Enjoy it tomorrow, my friend. I'll toast to your health.[/QUOTE]

And yours. :yes:

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't cook anything. Not a damn thing. But here's what I'll be eating:

Traditional Thanksgiving stuff, including turkey, mashed potatoes, cranberry sauce, stuffing, etc. On top of that is the lasagna, stuffed artichokes, and stuffed mushrooms. Desserts aplenty, all types of pies and whatnot. It's truly a fantastic holiday.

Remember the infamous Thanksgiving thread that SAR started when he was drunk on Captain and Coke? I would bump it but I think someone locked it a year or two ago.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    got my hands on a nice amount of venison. :yes:

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=pauliec;3373667]I don't cook anything. Not a damn thing. But here's what I'll be eating:

Traditional Thanksgiving stuff, including turkey, mashed potatoes, cranberry sauce, stuffing, etc. On top of that is the lasagna, stuffed artichokes, and stuffed mushrooms. Desserts aplenty, all types of pies and whatnot. It's truly a fantastic holiday.

Remember the infamous Thanksgiving thread that SAR started when he was drunk on Captain and Coke? I would bump it but I think someone locked it a year or two ago.[/QUOTE]

Jog my memory, that wasn't the baked ziti vs. lasagna thread was it?

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SUJets1988;3373673]Jog my memory, that wasn't the baked ziti vs. lasagna thread was it?[/QUOTE]

No, it was on the morning of Thanksgiving and was basically SAR saying, "I am so gRunk right now"

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=pauliec;3373674]No, it was on the morning of Thanksgiving and was basically SAR saying, "I am so gRunk right now"[/QUOTE]

Ah yes, his 14 year old girl first time drinking-esque thread. Thanks.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's a pretty basic menu here. I injected a turkey with maple syrup, beer, and a myriad of other spices, that'll get deep fried later. A sausage and sage country stuffing, mashed sweets for my mom and brother, regular mashed for my dad and me, broccoli and cauliflower, cranberry compote all wrapped up with pumpkin and pecan pie.

I know it's not very exotic, just simple things that remind me of back home upstate.

Happy Thanksgiving guys!!

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Besides the usual stuff, we're having black beans and rice, german potato salad, chocolate cinnamon apple bread and brie baked in a crust.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=pauliec;3373667]I don't cook anything. Not a damn thing. But here's what I'll be eating:

[/QUOTE]

my family eats the exact same thing, just with more pastas.

cheers! to italian thanksgiving!