Thread: Hall of Fame Candidates

Hall of Fame Candidates

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=4693591

NEW YORK -- Roberto Alomar is among 15 first-time candidates of this year's Hall of Fame ballot, joining holdovers Mark McGwire, Andre Dawson and Bert Blyleven.

Edgar Martinez, Barry Larkin and Fred McGriff are also new to the ballot this year. There are 26 candidates, three more than last year, when Rickey Henderson was elected in his initial appearance and Jim Rice made it on his 15th and final try. Dawson fell 44 votes shy of the 75 percent needed and Blyleven was 67 short.

Also on the ballot for the first time are Kevin Appier, Ellis Burks, Andres Galarraga, Pat Hentgen, Mike Jackson, Eric Karros, Ray Lankford, Shane Reynolds, David Segui, Robin Ventura and Todd Zeile.

Other holdovers on the list announced Friday include Harold Baines, Don Mattingly, Jack Morris, Dale Murphy, Dave Parker, Tim Raines, Lee Smith and Alan Trammell.

The complete ballot: Roberto Alomar, Kevin Appier, Harold Baines, Bert Blyleven, Ellis Burks, Andre Dawson, Andres Galarraga, Pat Hentgen, Mike Jackson, Eric Karros, Ray Lankford, Barry Larkin, Edgar Martinez, Don Mattingly, Fred McGriff, Mark McGwire, Jack Morris, Dale Murphy, Dave Parker, Tim Raines, Shane Reynolds, David Segui, Lee Smith, Alan Trammell, Robin Ventura, Todd Zeile

Alomar gets in for sure. Maybe Edgar. Not sure if he will get voted in on first try since he never played the field. McGriff should get in but won't. I am of the belief that he was clean during steroid era. If that is case his numbers are hall worthy even though they aren't overly inflated like some of the "cheaters"

Dawson might finally get in too.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrisrud View Post
    Alomar gets in for sure. Maybe Edgar. Not sure if he will get voted in on first try since he never played the field. McGriff should get in but won't. I am of the belief that he was clean during steroid era. If that is case his numbers are hall worthy even though they aren't overly inflated like some of the "cheaters"

Dawson might finally get in too.
    Alomar was amazing. I don't think a DH only should get in, so I vote no for Edgar. Crime Dog is tough, he's right on the border for me.

Think cocaine might have come up in Blyleven's life once or twice? Lol.

Edgar and Alomar should get in too.

McGriff hit 493 home runs.. would of liked to see him hit 7 more to put 500 home run mark to test. I don't think McGriff was a Hall of Fame player, but is he 7 home runs away from being one? I don't think so...