Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Official Rate Ryan's Coaching Perfomance Thread

[QUOTE=sg3;3374603]eleven

belicheat was 5-11 in his first year with the Patri*ts. And that was after like 5 years as a head coach before he was sh!tcanned for incompetence by the Browns. Then he discovered his estrella and the videos and the world changed for the cheating douchebag[/QUOTE]
    yep......

Bewildered Beast
    [QUOTE=Come Back to NY;3397153]8.5

first year coach with a rookie QB who has the team ready to play every Sunday and has been competitive in all but two games this season....people can b!tch and nitpik but the guys been a head coach for 12 regular season NFL games....[/QUOTE]/thread.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=bargainhunter;3397331]10: He took a team that clearly wasn't going anywhere and brought them nowhere. Think about it. No offensive line. Terrible running game with a heavy footed aging running back who never finds holes or breaks big runs (which we have to subtract from his average anyway). Terrible defense. No lock-down corner. No big-name or effective LB's. There was never anything in the cards for us this year. But Rex made it fun and fiery and competitive and gave the newspapers headlines. OK, 11. Thank you Rex. Fans picked you and are behind you bud.[/QUOTE]

No offensive line? We had the highest paid offensive line in the league entering the year, with four first round picks and three former Pro Bowlers on it.

No running game? We were 9th in the NFL in rushing, with the AFC's leading rusher.

Our defense had loads of talent, and Revis was lockdown last year.

Rex deserves credit, but the idea that we were some downtrodden talentless team before he came here is preposterous. We were a Favre injury away from competing for a championship last year.

Jets Insider VIP
    my previous rating was a twelve

based on the last two weeks and the way he correctly handled the rhodes issue and the sanchez injury, I'm raising my one to ten rating to a fourteen

All Pro
    [QUOTE=Come Back to NY;3397153]8.5
    first year coach with a rookie QB who has the team ready to play every Sunday and has been competitive in all but two games this season....people can b!tch and nitpik but the guys been a head coach for 12 regular season NFL games....[/QUOTE]

I think you are making a great point about the team being competitive week in and week out. Over the course of the season every team usually has games where they just don't show up at all and pay for it. What's also has to be said is that the Jets could have easily packed it in after the NE loss which actually was our worst loss of the season numbers wise. But the team stood behind Rex, still believes in itself and the CS and they still have atleast a slim chance of getting into the postseason and playing in meaningful games for the rest of the year. Seeing that this team stuck together despite a lot of things going bad (injuries, tough losses, off field distractions) is a huge plus concerning Rex.

Now in terms of in game management and all he has a lot to learn. We still mess up a ton with timeouts, play calling, decision making and also a little bit in terms of a gameplan at times. That is to be expected from a rookie head coach and of course having a rookie QB in the media capitol of the world doesn't help either.

Giving him a number, well, I would say about 6 right now, maybe a bit better. I don't think I can go much higher as we had trouble finishing games and propably have missed a few opportunities over the course of the year which shows in our record. With that said, I still feel very very confident with Rex going into the future and I love to have him as our coach....

Veteran
    5, and that's been generous.

All Pro
    6. I'll give him a point for every win the Jets have this year.

He needs to beat the teams that he's supposed to. I think he'll figure it out.

... 5 & 1/2 ...

... he's had some bumps & bruises ... made some good decisions ... his d has been excellent ... leaving sanchez & the O to schott cost us a game or 2 as our running game should have been featured even more and sanchez given less opportunity early on to make or break a game ... the decision to stack the D and not carry the gunners on specials cost us a game ... he seems like he's learning from his mistakes ... with getting involved on the offensive side & gameplanning for all 3 phases of the game equally over too much emphasis on how to help the D ...

... most of his players not named rhodes seem to want to go the extra mile for him ... which is something i believe you either have or don't ... i think holding sanchez out this week is a prudent move as the risk/reward was heavily in the "not worth it" category ...

... he's big enough (both figuratively and literally) to handle the pressure of NY ...

... on the learning curve ... doing reasonably well considering ... i can swing a point either direction depending on what his players do for him & his gameplans the rest of the season ...

l_j_r

I'm not going to give him a grade, I'd just say I'm veryy happy that it seem that Rex has the ability to learn and change. This is huge. Oftentimes a HC's enormous ego prevents him from changing anything. Rex is now more hands on with the whole team, taken more responsibility with game management and has let the team know he is in charge with the Carrie Rhoads situation.

My main observation is that the Jets are 2-0 since Rex has taken complete control of the team.

[QUOTE=SONNY WERBLIN;3397755]I'm not going to give him a grade, I'd just say I'm veryy happy that it seem that Rex has the ability to learn and change. [B]He is huge[/B]. Oftentimes a HC's [B]enormous Stomach [/B]prevents him from changing anything. Rex is now more hands on with the whole team, taken more responsibility with game management and has let the team know he is in charge with [B]catering decisions[/B].

My main observation is that the Jets are 2-0 since Rex has taken complete control of the team.[/QUOTE]

fixed

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Vinny Patrollie;3397767]fixed[/QUOTE]

Pretty soon you'll need a new Avatar.

Moss will implode himself and that poor excuse of a team.

BB is NO leader, neither is Brady.

Oh... I read on another thread that Brady is gay????? I am NOT saying it, I heard it. True???

[QUOTE=TheMikeIsHot;3397473]6. I'll give him a point for every win the Jets have this year.

He needs to beat the teams that he's supposed to. I think he'll figure it out.[/QUOTE]

Im thinking 6.5

Our Def is very good and should improve.

His bravado is a welcomed change to the team and organization.

The players love playing for him, and seem to be giving 110% (except for carrie rhodes of course).

My only issue is the in game mistakes....which seem to be improving which IMO is most important. Going for 2 way too early, the bad TO's, not being forceful enough about sanchez protecting the ball, etc. The in game things are very important, and things that parcells (a good comparison) learned real fast, and rarely if ever screwed up.

I think the clemens starting decision is the correct one, and benching rhodes obvoiusly worked out well. His relationship with sanchez seems very good (esp now that he sat him).

I think the best thing is that we are moving in the right direction.....hopefully we close out the season strong and continue to move forward into next year.

Jets Insider VIP
    He has been outcoached a few times and has been slow to make adjustments.

That said, he has done better than many would have predicted.

I say....7.5 with a 9 for future performances.

All League
    [QUOTE=TheMikeIsHot;3397473]6. I'll give him a point for every win the Jets have this year.

He needs to beat the teams that he's supposed to. I think he'll figure it out.[/QUOTE]

I don't disagree with the sentiment, but placing Sanchez's pick 6s on Ryan's shoulders does seem a bit unfair. At the very least, the Bills and Saints losses were not the result of poor coaching.

Now Miami 1 (poor clock management, adjustments) and Miami 2 (kicking strategy) are another story.

Gotta give him a 7 or 8. Rookie coach with a rookie QB. We all thought that playoffs were out of reach at the beginning of the season. The fact that they are still a possibility this late in the year means he's doing a good job.

[QUOTE=Vinny Patrollie;3397767][B]I am a worthless waste of space.[/B][/QUOTE]

fixed

[QUOTE=SONNY WERBLIN;3397960]fixed[/QUOTE]

Eh? Turn about IS fair play I guess.;)

All Pro
    [QUOTE=jetstream23;3374637][B][SIZE="5"]6[/SIZE][/B] sounds about right to me. Lots of positives, especially the fact that he doesn't blindly go with things that aren't working as evidence by benching Rhodes, getting more involved on offense, etc. I like that. But too many close losses and the team has not shown improvement throughout the year.[/QUOTE]

+1

The benching of Rhodes proved to me that he expects big things out of players with obvious talent. He also got more involved with the offense. I'm not saying the offense has been gang busters since he got involved, but at the same time, at least he's seeing what we're seeing...that the offense was inept the way it was going before.

"6" also equals our current number of wins.
    Last edited by RageATL; 12-11-2009 at 02:02 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    7/10. Already a better gameday coach than Herm or Mangini were. The team almost always seems to make solid halftime adjustments, which is a really good sign. Has his players prepared and ready to play every week. He's screwed up on some things (The two point conversions during the first Buffalo game were a killer) but he seems to be learning from his mistakes (He didn't go for two on Thursday even when presented with essentially the same scenario). Coaches the game to win, even if he is overaggressive at times, but you have to like that over the play-not-to-lose alternative we were subjected to from 2001-2008. Lots of pre/postgame drama and shenigans, but it's for the most part been harmless on gameday thus far and in some cases may have even benefitted the team (See the first Patriots game). [B]We're 6-6 primarly because of a rookie QB and a defense that lacks an elite pass rusher. [/B] (Thank you, Vernon Gholston :().

Overall, solid job. That rating will go up if the Jets can finish 9-7 or better.
    Last edited by Cole; 12-11-2009 at 02:24 PM.