Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Official Rate Ryan's Coaching Perfomance Thread

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I will reserve judgement until AFTER the season for any numerical grades :yes:

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sg3;3374603]eleven

belicheat was 5-11 in his first year with the Patri*ts. And that was after like 5 years as a head coach before he was sh!tcanned for incompetence by the Browns. Then he discovered his estrella and the videos and the world changed for the cheating douchebag[/QUOTE]

Yet somehow I think Belichick didn't need to declare after TEN games that maybe he better learn his OWN offense. BB knows all sides of football, O, D, and ST. His record in Cleveland was unimpressive overall, but he took a horrible team and turned them into a playoff team in 4 years. Blubber boy, however, looks way over his head, even for a rook. He's below average at best on two coaching 101 basics: His clock management is abysmal. He doesn't seem to know when and when not to challenge. His team is in freefall, yet loaded with talent. Even his blustery ways are starting to be critized as his bravado turns to whining.

He's a 3, and I bet he's a DC after next year if the Jets are 3rd or 4th in the division. Again.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Vinny Patrollie;3374665]Yet somehow I think Belichick didn't need to declare after TEN games that maybe he better learn his OWN offense. BB knows all sides of football, O, D, and ST. His record in Cleveland was unimpressive overall, but he took a horrible team and turned them into a playoff team in 4 years. Blubber boy, however, looks way over his head, even for a rook. He's below average at best on two coaching 101 basics: His clock management is abysmal. He doesn't seem to know when and when not to challenge. His team is in freefall, yet loaded with talent. Even his blustery ways are starting to be critized as his bravado turns to whining.

He's a 3, and I bet he's a DC after next year if the Jets are 3rd or 4th in the division. Again.[/QUOTE]

+1

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Vinny Patrollie;3374665]Yet somehow I think Belichick didn't need to declare after TEN games that maybe he better learn his OWN offense. BB knows all sides of football, O, D, and ST. His record in Cleveland was unimpressive overall, but he took a horrible team and turned them into a playoff team in 4 years. Blubber boy, however, looks way over his head, even for a rook. He's below average at best on two coaching 101 basics: His clock management is abysmal. He doesn't seem to know when and when not to challenge. His team is in freefall, yet loaded with talent. Even his blustery ways are starting to be critized as his bravado turns to whining.

He's a 3, and I bet he's a DC after next year if the Jets are 3rd or 4th in the division. Again.[/QUOTE]

BB did an average at best job in Cleveland. His first year in New England he absolutely sucked and if it wasn't for miraculously finding a Hall of Fame QB in the 6th round and having Mo Lewis injure Drew Bledsoe he would have probably lasted only a few years in New England also.

And if you want to talk about talent Bellichoke actually had just as much if not more talent in New England than Rex inherited this year with the Jets. Plus, unlike Rex Belichoke had a veteran QB and proven winner and Bledsoe.

But please, flame on.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=VincenzoTestaverde;3374669]BB did an average at best job in Cleveland. His first year in New England he absolutely sucked and if it wasn't for miraculously finding a Hall of Fame QB in the 6th round and having Mo Lewis injure Drew Bledsoe he would have probably lasted only a few years in New England also.

And if you want to talk about talent Bellichoke actually had just as much if not more talent in New England than Rex inherited this year with the Jets. Plus, unlike Rex Belichoke had a veteran QB and proven winner and Bledsoe.

But please, flame on.[/QUOTE]

Whatever your feelings on Beli, Rex has yet to show he's capable as a headcoach in the NFL. He may yet, but at this point I'd rate him a 3. No flame, JMO.

You call taking a moribund franchise to the playoffs in 4 years average at best. I don't. But then again, I find it laughable how many times I get to read here the old retread that "BB owes his coaching success to Mo Lewis".

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Jets were 9 - 7 last year and fired Mangini. They should at least do as well or it's a step back.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    also Ryan is not a piece of fecal matter like Belichick

raising my rating to a TWELVE

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sg3;3374685]also Ryan is not a piece of fecal matter like Belichick

raising my rating to a TWELVE[/QUOTE]

Ah yes, fecal matter. Okay.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    He's been given the free pass of a year, but I don't like the excess of words. Even when you're a good team it just becomes douche-y, but now it's douche-y and we're not that good. To throw out a number I'll give him a 4.

I've written at length about this, and I do like the guy. It's just that he's a n00b, and it's pretty obvious.

I also think that saying "only a specific area of the game has cost us games in those losses" is both incorrect and not exactly a plus anyway.

I do love the assistant coaches. That is a pretty awesome group of talent with Westhoff, the villian Schittenheimer, and the invisible Pettine. So I hope Rex chooses to work closely with all of them, and it seems like he's learning he has to.
    Last edited by SenorGato; 11-28-2009 at 12:11 AM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=PatsFanTX;3374601]An 8 for a HC who is 4-6 with embarrassing losses to the Phins (twice), Bills and Jags?

You must be grading on a curve.[/QUOTE]

Not quite the curve of a camera's video lens, but yes, he's probably grading on a curve. In all fairness, BB gets a 7 but jumps to a 9 with the curve of video assistance.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Even after last week, I still give him a 7. They need to hire a real good QB coach during the off season.
    Last edited by EricJ; 12-10-2009 at 11:21 PM. Reason: sp

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like

first year coach with a rookie QB who has the team ready to play every Sunday and has been competitive in all but two games this season....people can b!tch and nitpik but the guys been a head coach for 12 regular season NFL games....

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
    He's doing a really good job. Our record wasn't all that important to me this season, mainly wanted to see if Rex had the goods as a defensive mind or if it was the talent on Baltimore's defense.

Top-5 defense in yards, points and DVOA without our starting NT is terrific.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    7 and going up nextyear

I hope

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Vinny Patrollie;3374665]His record in Cleveland was unimpressive overall, but he took a horrible team and turned them into a playoff team in 4 years. Blubber boy, however, looks way over his head, even for a rook.[/QUOTE]

"Belichick took 4 seasons to build the Browns, but Rex only gets 12 games."

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

We have the number 2 defense in the NFL and the number 1 rushing offense in the NFL.

If Sanchez blossoms into the player we hope he will, this team will be a juggernaut.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    He seems to have taken control of the team after the Patriot loss.

I grade him an 8.5 now

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'd say a 7. Had some bumps in the middle of the season, problems with the clock and penalties but seems to have gotten better as time goes on. Has handled problems off the field good as well. (Rhodes, Clowney,etc.)

He notices his mistakes and admits to it and fixes, or atleast tries to.

Rookie QB is never easy, and like others said has the team playing tough every week even thought it looks like we are out of the playoffs.

It'd be stupid not to give him time (more then 3 years) and let him bring in more of his guys and put this thing together.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=CleatMarks;3374682]The Jets were 9 - 7 last year and fired Mangini. They should at least do as well or it's a step back.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I'm sure having a 22 year old who would otherwise be banging sorrority sluts at USC and Pouha at NT instead of an experienced Brett Favre at QB and Kris Jenkins the entire season has nothing to do with the record. Rookie QB and he loses his best player on defense.

If the Jets end up going 9-7 Rex probably deserves a 9.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    10: He took a team that clearly wasn't going anywhere and brought them nowhere. Think about it. No offensive line. Terrible running game with a heavy footed aging running back who never finds holes or breaks big runs (which we have to subtract from his average anyway). Terrible defense. No lock-down corner. No big-name or effective LB's. There was never anything in the cards for us this year. But Rex made it fun and fiery and competitive and gave the newspapers headlines. OK, 11. Thank you Rex. Fans picked you and are behind you bud.