Roy about to become a Yankee...

Damn...Not good for my Rays.

Roy
    CC
    Burnett
    Joba
    Andy P

Insane

I know we still have to play the games but if this did happen...

We'd have #28 next season...

I hate to say it... (Because it sounds pompous)

But it's a lock...

Link?

What do we offer Toronto

I say either Hughes or Joba..not both Austin Jackson and one other prospect.

I do not part with Montero

You got a link for that, homeboy?

Hall Of Fame
    What are you talking about?

I haven't heard a thing.

Lock, Dump.

Banned
    Lock, dump? Why would I be saying this stuff as a Rays fan? When have I EVER made a thread like this? Never.

I heard on ESPN...That Roy told the Blue Jays he plans on going to the Yankees. Do I have a link? No, I'm just saying what I heard from ESPN... Not from a friend who knows a cousin who has a brother who heard from his mother...I heard it on ESPN.

He told the Blue Jays he wouldn't veto a trade to the Yankees, according to reports.

Nowhere does it say he's "About" to become anything.

It's a misleading title making people think a deal is almost done when it's simply not.

Quote Originally Posted by DefenseWinsChampionships2 View Post
    Lock, dump? Why would I be saying this stuff as a Rays fan? When have I EVER made a thread like this? Never.

I heard on ESPN...That Roy told the Blue Jays he plans on going to the Yankees. Do I have a link? No, I'm just saying what I heard from ESPN... Not from a friend who knows a cousin who has a brother who heard from his mother...I heard it on ESPN.
    How does "he plan on going to the Yankees"? All he can do is waive his no-trade clause, which he said he would do for a small group of teams, the Yankees being one of them. I believe the Red Sox, Phillies, and Dodgers were the other 3. Very misleading title.

DUMP.

...dick head

Jets Insider VIP
    Jerk

Off

Quote Originally Posted by DefenseWinsChampionships2 View Post

this was a retarded thread. did you read what you just posted? no shi.t he wouldn't have any problem going to the Yankees. name one player in the league that would veto a trade going to the best franchise in sports? exactly. and I would be willing to put my money that he will NOT be a Yankee

Basically, same story as before, just some re-reporting...

4 teams in the hunt...

Yanks, Sux, Phills, Dodgers...

Agent says the club has agreed to all teams involved and basically may the highest bidder win...

Nothing new...

Slow day for the beat writers I guess... (or whoever he heard on the radio)

This is misleading, but eventually we will see this thread with more proof. I don't see how the Yankees don't bring in Roy Halladay.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by C. Pennington View Post
    This is misleading, but eventually we will see this thread with more proof. I don't see how the Yankees don't bring in Roy Halladay.

Depends on what they have to give up. They are not going to trade all of their prospects. IMO I would rather see what it would take to get Carl Crawford. Trade for Crawford, sign Lackey. #28.

Yankees don't need a #1 starter, we have one.... It doesn't make sense for them to trade prospects for a Halladay. We need a #2 or #3 starter. John Lackey fits that bill.

Banned
    We just won a world series without him. We don't need Halladay Andy's coming back for 1 year. Unfortunately I think he's going to the Sux and all they're going to be giving up is Bucholz and trash.

If starting pitching is really a concern for Cashman and co., then go out and sign Lackey. You don't need to deplete the farm system to trade for a #1, when you already have one in Sabathia. Halladay is the best pitcher in baseball, but I'm not on board for trading away a ****load of young talent and giving him a mega-deal that will likely be 7 years, keeping him on the Yankees until he's 40 years old. Bringing in Lackey would still solidify our rotation and make it the best in baseball, and all we give up is money and compensation picks. So basically, I'm of the exact opposite belief in that I don't see how the Yankees DO bring in Halladay.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
    Yankees don't need a #1 starter, we have one.... It doesn't make sense for them to trade prospects for a Halladay. We need a #2 or #3 starter. John Lackey fits that bill.
    +1

Wish I would have read this post before posting my longer version.