Thread: UFC 111 in Newark

UFC 111 in Newark

Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) will return to the "Garden State" for the first time in more than two years when it storms the Prudential Center in Newark, N.J., on March 27, 2010.

Several reports pegged the rumored pay-per-view (PPV) event to take place much earlier in the month; however, The Daily Telegraph has been able to nail down the precise date. The promotion, meanwhile, has yet to make an official announcement regarding the show.

UFC 111 (or now 112 because of it being so late in the month) is expected to feature a main event between welterweight champion Georges St. Pierre, defending his 170-pound title against number one contender, Dan Hardy. Expect several other New Jersey-area fighters, including Frank Edgar, Dan Miller, Jim Miller, Ricardo Almeida and Renzo Gracie, among others, to compete on the card.

"Validation" on Nov. 17, 2007, is the last event to be held at the 18,500-seat New Jersey venue. Rashad Evans battled Michael Bisping for three rounds to earn a split decision in the featured fight of the night.

Stay tuned to MMAmania.com for more on this fight card as it develops.
    This is great news. Georges St. Pierre is one of my favorite fighters, and I'm so pumped for this.

Just wondering if anyone else has gone to a UFC event before, what the price range on tickets are, and how difficult do you think it would be to get tickets without going to the secondary market?

Quote Originally Posted by msujetfan 89 View Post
    This is great news. Georges St. Pierre is one of my favorite fighters, and I'm so pumped for this.

Just wondering if anyone else has gone to a UFC event before, what the price range on tickets are, and how difficult do you think it would be to get tickets without going to the secondary market?
    I have attended events in both AC and Miami (although it has been a few years.) You should be able to get tickets under $50, but don't expect the seats to be great.

Quote Originally Posted by Maury77 View Post
    I have attended events in both AC and Miami (although it has been a few years.) You should be able to get tickets under $50, but don't expect the seats to be great.
    Thanks a lot man.

I didn't really want to spend a lot, plus the Prudential Center isn't too big, so even the cheaper seats should be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by msujetfan 89 View Post
    Thanks a lot man.

I didn't really want to spend a lot, plus the Prudential Center isn't too big, so even the cheaper seats should be fine.
    See you there

Just wanted to give you guys a heads up that tickets go on sale this weekend.

I got an e-mail for a UFC newsletter presale on Friday at 10 am (Password is TITLE).

They go on sale to general public Saturday.

I watched GSP sparring yesterday for five 5 minute rounds. He's training here in NYC for the fight. As usual, the guy is in phenomenal shape and has unstoppable takedowns. I wouldnt want to be Dan Hardy.

Quote Originally Posted by woodside View Post
    I watched GSP sparring yesterday for five 5 minute rounds. He's training here in NYC for the fight. As usual, the guy is in phenomenal shape and has unstoppable takedowns. I wouldnt want to be Dan Hardy.
    Just finished watching this show on Spike previewing the fight. They showed footage from their training camps, and you're right GSP is an animal.

I don't think that Hardy has a chance in the fight.

I went to the UFC Press Conference at Radio City today, and was blown away by how first-class this company is.

Dana White, GSP, Dan Hardy, and Frank Mir were there, and after the press conference answered questions from fans. After all that, they all walked around and signed items, took pics, shook hands with fans.

I was really impressed with everyone. UFC fighters are some of the nicest and most genuine guys in pro sports.

Veteran
    What a boring hug fest those fights were. I'd compare it to Pacman hitting Clotteys gloves for 12 rounds.

Felt sorry for Mir, it'll be interesting to see how he gets back from this loss. He'll need to shore up his wrestling deficiencies, relative of course to his BJJ and striking. Perhaps Couture could assist him. I believe he's still a contender but it's a long march back to the headline matchups for him.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by FijiJet View Post
    Felt sorry for Mir, it'll be interesting to see how he gets back from this loss. He'll need to shore up his wrestling deficiencies, relative of course to his BJJ and striking. Perhaps Couture could assist him. I believe he's still a contender but it's a long march back to the headline matchups for him.
    I think he's close to done after two brutal beatdowns. I hope I'm wrong though. Carwin-Lesner will be unreal.