Thread: A Fatter generation? Not if Nebraska has a Say in the Matter!!!

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

A Fatter generation? Not if Nebraska has a Say in the Matter!!!

[URL="http://news.aol.com/health/article/...-class%2F790795"]http://news.aol.com/health/article/...-class%2F790795[/URL]

[QUOTE]
    Students at Lincoln University with a body mass index of 30 or above, reflective of obesity, must take a fitness course that meets three hours per week. Those who are assigned to the class but do not complete it cannot graduate.

Now that the first class to have this requirement imposed is nearing graduation day -- students who entered in the fall of 2006 -- the school faces criticism from both students and outsiders about the fitness class policy. [/QUOTE]

I think they need to use something other than the BMI Index chart but I am all for this idea :fatso:

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    BMI is the stupidest way of measuring whether or not someone is fat.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Dirtstar;3380371]BMI is the stupidest way of measuring whether or not someone is fat.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. I used to calculate my BMI years ago when I was in great shape and definitely not overweight. But according to that screwed-up formula devised by who-knows-who, I was in the slightly overweight category. Everyone's body type is different, so one formula can't fit all people.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    My BMI fluctuates daily from underweight to obese depending on how colossal my dumps are.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    at 6'4 230 im almost obese.