Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How is this fool allowed on TV...

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

How is this fool allowed on TV...

This is political I guess, but it should not be, everyone should be united in their dislike of this jackass referring to West Point as an "enemy camp."

The entire country should be outraged, and he should be taken off the air immediately.

[URL]http://corner.nationalreview.com/post/?q=YzdhYTY0MDRiYTBlYjVkOTAwMjE2YWM5OGU5OTg1MDA[/URL]=

Sigh.

He was using a metaphor about where pols give speeches.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=FF2®;3381325]Sigh.

He was using a metaphor about where pols give speeches.[/QUOTE]

we're not being challenged here

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=jetswin;3381289]...everyone should be united in their dislike of this jackass referring to West Point as an "enemy camp."[/QUOTE]

I dislike him because of his giant forehead.

[QUOTE=jetswin;3381289]The entire country should be outraged, and he should be taken off the air immediately.[/QUOTE]

Move on to some real news:

You hear Elise Keaton plays for teh gays?

[QUOTE=PlumberKhan;3381340]I dislike him because of his giant forehead.[/QUOTE]

I am united with you on that.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=FF2®;3381325]Sigh.

He was using a metaphor about where pols give speeches.[/QUOTE]
    whatever his feeble excuse, or those willing to put his insensitivity aside, he called the place that prepares our nation's sons to defend it...calling it an "enemy camp" is despicable.

[QUOTE=jetswin;3381351]whatever his feeble excuse, or those willing to put his insensitivity aside, he called the place that prepares our nation's sons to defend it...calling it an "enemy camp" is despicable.[/QUOTE]

I've got relatives serving. But I understand he was NOT doing that whatsoever.

Plenty of real policy stuff to complain about. Don't waste your time on non-issues.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

I guess I was wrong in that I assumed this would bother Americans on both sides of the aisle...my bad. :coocoo:

[QUOTE=jetswin;3381366]I guess I was wrong in that I assumed this would bother Americans on both sides of the aisle...my bad. :coocoo:[/QUOTE]

You can always tell a political hack, when they side with their "side" no matter the issue.

Anyone with objectivity says "wow, you're right, VERY poor choice of words" and leaves it at that.

Only a partisan could defend this (or it's righty-counterparts int he past and future) as FF2 has. Makes for a good acid-test though, for whom never to bother having political discussions with.

At the end of the day, Mathews is nothing more than a Liberal Rush Limpballs.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Warfish;3381375]You can always tell a political hack, when they side with their "side" no matter the issue.

Anyone with objectivity says "wow, you're right, VERY poor choice of words" and leaves it at that.

Only a partisan could defend this (or it's righty-counterparts int he past and future) as FF2 has. Makes for a good acid-test though, for whom never to bother having political discussions with.

At the end of the day, Mathews is nothing more than a Liberal Rush Limpballs.[/QUOTE]
    You're right fish...I've never heard of anyone rooting against West Point, unless of course they went to the naval academy. :cool:

[QUOTE=Warfish;3381375]You can always tell a political hack, when they side with their "side" no matter the issue.

At the end of the day, Mathews is nothing more than a Liberal Rush Limpballs.[/QUOTE]

Oi Vey. I really thought you were much smarter then this.

When you jump on false issues like this it merely exposes that you are the same thing you accuse me of being. Jumping on any little issue as if its a reason to unite the country and kick him off TV. There are so many REAL issues that getting apoplectic about this just looks silly. You are right about Matthews being Rush. So do you want Rush kicked off the air? I don't either.

Of course it was a poor choice of words. And thats ALL it was.

I stopped watching his him with the tingling up his leg stuff, Hardball a few years back was worth watching too, but not anymore.

He did say "maybe a enemy crowd", it was wrong to say, but it did not come off as harsh as your opinion of him.

[QUOTE=jetswin;3381366]I guess I was wrong in that I assumed this would bother Americans on both sides of the aisle...my bad. :coocoo:[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=FF2®;3381398]Oi Vey. I really thought you were much smarter then this.[/quote]

Well, that was YOUR mistake, wasn't it! Oh, wait.....

[quote]When you jump on false issues like this it merely exposes that you are the same thing you accuse me of being.[/quote]

Not at all. Had Rush or similar said this in this kind of context, I'd be equally derrissive of them (and have been in the past).

[QUOTE]Jumping on any little issue as if its a reason to unite the country and kick him off TV.[/QUOTE]

Where am I suggesting he be "kicked off TV". Unlike say, my liberal "fairness doctrine" friends, I am happier if our media has a broad range of biased representation of opinion from both right and left, as long as they are openly described as opinion, not a "news".

[QUOTE]There are so many REAL issues that getting apoplectic about this just looks silly.[/QUOTE]

You mean like the Obama "I'm voting to withdraw the troops right after I deply them" idea of how to fight a "good war"? Be interesting to see how this plans out, given the timeline. I have a feeling the enemy will simply wait us out, it's not that long.

Frankly, I'm just as happy they do and we get out. Screw them, next time an attack comes fromw ithin their half-ass nation, we can just carpet bomb them instead of this *****-footing nation-building "Bush/Obama Doctrine" style of "fighting" wars.

[QUOTE]You are right about Matthews being Rush. So do you want Rush kicked off the air? I don't either. [/QUOTE]

I was unaware Rush had his own TV show. And no, as I said above, I want neither kicked, I only want them both to be reconixed for what they are openly. Unlike now, where Mathews is considered by the masses to be a "journalist" (lols).

[quote]Of course it was a poor choice of words. And [U]thats ALL it was[/U].[/QUOTE]

I disagree. /shrug.

Jets Insider VIP
    When I go to the in-laws on Thanksgiving, I refer to it as going to the enemy's camp. They are certainly NOT my literal enemies...I actual happen to like my wife's family very much...real salt-of-the-earth "folks". They are just polar opposites of me...a northeastern wisea** with a penchant for being irreverent. They are red-blood Texans who have rebel flag stickers in the windows of their Ford F-250's.

Matthews was merely pointing out that a setting like West Point is a more comfortable venue for a Republican, pro-military president like Mr. Bush...and not so much for a perceived anti-military weenie like Mr. Obama.

Poor choice of words? Sure...if you only watched for the 10 seconds where he uttered that sound bite. :yes:

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=PlumberKhan;3381441]When I go to the in-laws on Thanksgiving, I refer to it as going to the enemy's camp. They are certainly NOT my literal enemies...I actual happen to like my wife's family very much...real salt-of-the-earth "folks". They are just polar opposites of me...a northeastern wisea** with a penchant for being irreverent. They are red-blood Texans who have rebel flag stickers in the windows of their Ford F-250's.

Matthews was merely pointing out that a setting like West Point is a more comfortable venue for a Republican, pro-military president like Mr. Bush...and not so much for a perceived anti-military weenie like Mr. Obama.

Poor choice of words? Sure...if you only watched for the 10 seconds where he uttered that sound bite. :yes:[/QUOTE]
    and my sister in law and I call each other "the outlaws" I don't see the comparison, for however long the soundclip is, to even suggest that the commander in chief is in enemy territory at West Point.

Listen there are plenty of things that bother me about Matthews, but this is ridiculous, and everyone should feel that way.

no one voted for Chris Matthews. He's an entertainer. Non-issue.

[QUOTE=jetswin;3381454]and everyone should feel that way.[/QUOTE]

So no other opinions are permissible? :rolleyes:

[QUOTE=bitonti;3381478]no one voted for "insert entertainer". He's an entertainer. Non-issue.[/QUOTE]

Saving for posterity and future lols.:D

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=bitonti;3381478]no one voted for Chris Matthews. He's an entertainer. Non-issue.[/QUOTE]

I didn't say he should be removed from office :rolleyes:
    issue

[QUOTE=FF2®;3381481]So no other opinions are permissible? :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

you know me better than that, I'm just trying to help you realize the correct opinion.