Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: So am in College.

So am in College.

For those of you who can offer any insights please do so. Am in my second semster and i dont know what to do with my major. Any thoughts on something that is fast and leads to a great career?

English 101. ;)

J/k bro, good luck. My advise is just pick something that interests you, not something easy per say. Party but not too much. Have sex with as many girls as possible..with protection....always!!!

What Hess says ^ :yes:

Find something that you like and are interested in because once you start working you are going to be doing that for 40+ hours a week, every week, for 30+ years...

Well i wanna be a Geologists and i love it but the feedback i get is just crazy! I feel like Vernon Gholston =/

JetsInsider.com Legend
    [QUOTE=C Mart;3382677]What Hess says ^ :yes:

Find something that you like and are interested in because once you start working you are going to be doing that for 40+ hours a week, every week, for 30+ years...[/QUOTE]

+1. Don't look for "hot" careers, those change quickly. Plus you will probably be changing "careers" a few times at least.

Has to be something you enjoy. Most of all learn to WRITE well and SPEAK well and work as a team member.

[QUOTE=JetsFever06;3382682]Well i wanna be a Geologists and i love it but the feedback i get is just crazy! I feel like Vernon Gholston =/[/QUOTE]

So be a Geologist. Just remember not to act like the **** isn't interesting when you have boat loads of work to do.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    [QUOTE=JetsFever06;3382682]Well i wanna be a Geologists and i love it but the feedback i get is just crazy! I feel like Vernon Gholston =/[/QUOTE]

Feedback from who?

Veteran
    [QUOTE=HessStation;3382667]English 101. ;)

J/k bro, good luck. My advise is just pick something that interests you, not something easy per say. Party but not too much. Have sex with as many girls as possible..with protection....always!!![/QUOTE]

Hey! I was an english major! :mad:

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Then go be the best geologist that ever lived.....

JetsInsider.com Legend
    [QUOTE=Apache 51;3382692]Then go be the best geologist that ever lived.....[/QUOTE]

Exactly.

[QUOTE=Illinois Jets Fan;3382690]Hey! I was an english major! :mad:[/QUOTE]

So you would know the difference between I'm and am.

I was just kiddinig around with Fever anyway. Not serious.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=FF2;3382686]+1. Don't look for "hot" careers, those change quickly. Plus you will probably be changing "careers" a few times at least.

Has to be something you enjoy. [B]Most of all learn to WRITE well and SPEAK well and work as a team member[/B].[/QUOTE]

+1

This is more important than any major you choose because these skills are adaptable to any career.

[QUOTE=FF2;3382688]Feedback from who?[/QUOTE]

Well when i had a family they hated it and wanted me to be doctor and most of my friends think am joking.

F*ck mad b*tches yo.

[QUOTE=FF2;3382686]+1. Don't look for "hot" careers, those change quickly. Plus you will probably be changing "careers" a few times at least.

Has to be something you enjoy. Most of all learn to WRITE well and SPEAK well and work as a team member.[/QUOTE]

Agree with this 1000%. Nothing is more important than communication skills. These are they people companies look for for long term personal growth.
    But Marketing and Sales are always the key. These disciplines will always be a needed commodity. If you can sell, you will always have a job. That is if you can sell well.

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    [QUOTE=JetsFever06;3382700]Well when i had a family they hated it and wanted me to be doctor and most of my friends think am joking.[/QUOTE]

You know everything comes from rocks, right....

[QUOTE=palmetto defender;3382713]Agree with this 1000%. Nothing is more important than communication skills. These are they people companies look for for long term personal growth.
    But Marketing and Sales are always the key. These disciplines will always be a needed commodity. If you can sell, you will always have a job. That is if you can sell well.[/QUOTE]

Or you can be a Geologist and not have to sell ****. From someone in sales, do yourself a favor and become a Geologist.

im graduating in may and if theres one thing i can tell u its that nothing is QUICK in college. im being a teacher and even at 15+ credits a semester its taking me 5 years so dont look for something to just get you out of there.

Pick something your going to have fun doing. Me personally, i didnt want to be behind a desk working 9-5 my whole life. being a teacher allowed me to do something different and add variety to my life as well as flexibility to do other things. Teaching gives you a lot of time off so its nice but if your lookin for somthing that pays good out the gates go another way.

a lot of my friends are in accounting now but i always thought that was kind of boring ( no offense to anyone who is an accountant i just dont find numbers interesting)

if you like geology go with that.. take a few classes and see how u feel about it.. thats the only way to really tell if your going to like somthing

Stay away from stoners because they do drugs.

Hall Of Fame
    Can someone find the Supe thread entitled "When Did You Give Up On Your Dreams?" and bump?

Some great career counseling in that thread.

Unheeded by Brain, but great advice nonetheless.