Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Great Game Day Food

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JetPotato;3383306]OH MY GAWD.

Who jis that?

I mean [I]is[/I].[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Hitman Harris;3383355]That $hit looks NASTY! I nearly gagged.

Hey borgo, who is that hottie?[/QUOTE]

I just stumbled upon that image by accident today. Her beauty just absolutely floored me. Let me see if I can come up with a name. The belly chain just takes her over the edge, too.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Hitman Harris;3383357] Heard that!
    I never understood why the pizza is so bad down there with all the people who move there from NY. [/QUOTE]

Yeah, FLorida is nothing like other southern states such as LA, GA, AL, ect, ect...It's honestly prety damn rare to find a family thats been born and raised down here in FLorida; really rare. People from FLorida do not have a country accient, more like Island people if anything.

If not for Georgia, FLorida would be one of the best Islands in the world lol and where I've grew up (St.Pete) I believe that we are the only City/County thats a Peninsula, in the state of FLorida, which is also a Peninsula.

And yeah...FLorida is made up of people from New York and Chicago pretty much, I'm shocked that we dont have that New York type of Food culture down here. Maybe it's because all the people thats ran Pizza/Food shops up north, come down here to retire... The only Pizza spot that is LIKE NY is Little Ittaly and it's still not even close which is weird, because the owner is from Queens himself.

[QUOTE=Hitman Harris;3383357] But Papa John's unfortunately IS the best "pizza" you can get down there.
    [B]That garlic butter is like crack.[/B] [/QUOTE]

Hell yeah hell yeah

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=DefenseWinsChampionships2;3383392]Yeah, FLorida is nothing like other southern states such as LA, GA, AL, ect, ect...It's honestly prety damn rare to find a family thats been born and raised down here in FLorida; really rare. People from FLorida do not have a country accient, more like Island people if anything.

If not for Georgia, FLorida would be one of the best Islands in the world lol and where I've grew up (St.Pete) I believe that we are the only City/County thats a Peninsula, in the state of FLorida, which is also a Peninsula.

And yeah...FLorida is made up of people from New York and Chicago pretty much, I'm shocked that we dont have that New York type of Food culture down here. Maybe it's because all the people thats ran Pizza/Food shops up north, come down here to retire... The only Pizza spot that is LIKE NY is Little Ittaly and it's still not even close which is weird, because the owner is from Queens himself.

Hell yeah hell yeah[/QUOTE]

You must be on the east coast (which makes less sense, due to more NYers being there) but we have great pizza in the Cape Coral area. Antonio's, Birdies, Backstreets...all great thin style NY pizza. Also NY NY pizza and a couple "non-franchize" pizza places have pretty good but less authentic 'za. The trick is the crust 'cause the water is different down here (that's what I'm told).

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Hitman Harris;3383355]That $hit looks NASTY! I nearly gagged.
    [/QUOTE]

French Fries with cheese curd and gravy. While it's actually relatively popular in Canada, I have never partaken.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=CraigFL;3383423]You must be on the east coast (which makes less sense, due to more NYers being there)[/QUOTE]

Nah, I'm from the West Coast of FLorida here in St.Pete, less than a 10 Min drive over the bridge from Tampa.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=CraigFL;3383423][B]The trick is the crust 'cause the water is different down here (that's what I'm told)[/B].[/QUOTE]

It is the water. That's why NY pizza and bagels are the best in the country.

P.S. Anything that isn't made in a coal oven shouldn't be called pizza.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'll begin with, I'm sorry, I have looked for 20 min for the "bacon cheese roll". There was a picture of it along recipe back in 2008 or 07. I NEED to make it this weekend. It was awesome and everyone here will appreciate it :yes: