Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Great Game Day Food

Great Game Day Food

Check this out for your game day game day! :yes:
    [URL="http://www.ehow.com/how_5266184_make-chicken-fingers-honey-mustard.html"]
    Game Day Treat[/URL]

Go Jets!!!

I prefer hot rotisserie chicken, straight up, nearly blackened, no seasoning or BBQ sauce f'uckage, just cold all-natural unsweetened applesauce for dip.

With Flying Dog Double Ale and Pop Secret Homestyle for the game.

....and a napkin so I don't muck up my keyboard.

Veteran
    Pretty good munchies

[url]http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Amazing-Shrimp-Stuffed-Mushrooms/Detail.aspx[/url]

I like to have the game meal as a buffet. You know, just a really big spread with lots of pungent, exotic tastes.

[URL=http://img248.imageshack.us/i/2rw280y.jpg/][IMG]http://img248.imageshack.us/img248/7530/2rw280y.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

Banned
    Me? I pretty much just enjoy throwing down on the Grill on Sundays with the older bro. Whether it's baby back ribs with marinade BBQ sauce, BBQ chicken, Burgers with melted cheese, grilled onions and some bacon, nothing like a pork shoulder (Just takes forever to cook). With some chips and dip on the side? That usually does the trick for us.

But tonight, on a Thursday night? This is the type of night thats calling for some Poppa Johns Pizza baby, maybe some chicken wings on the side with a 2liter of Pepsi/Coca-Cola...And hell yeah, I need me some David Sunflower Seeds on the side

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=DefenseWinsChampionships2;3383070]Me? I pretty much just enjoy throwing down on the Grill on Sundays with the older bro. Whether it's baby back ribs with marinade BBQ sauce, BBQ chicken, Burgers with melted cheese, grilled onions and some bacon, nothing like a pork shoulder (Just takes forever to cook). With some chips and dip on the side? That usually does the trick for us[/QUOTE]

wow. sounds like you're super busy on the grill on sundays. is that why you rely on stats in every post - because you're too occupied with those baby backs to actually watch the game?

Banned
    [QUOTE=shuler82;3383080]wow. sounds like you're super busy on the grill on sundays. is that why you rely on stats in every post - because you're too occupied with those baby backs to actually watch the game?[/QUOTE]

It's funny when someone, such as yourself, thinks they know, but yet; have no idea :yes:

When the Jets play @ 1:00... I wake up around 8:00, take the 45 min drive up to my older Bro's, by 11:00 we're both on the grill, by 12:00 the food is on the table, by 1:00 it's game-time.

When the Jets play @ 4:00... We BBQ at around 2:00 since I never really get there until about 12 or 1:00, and by the time the Jets are playing, it's lay back and enjoy the game time.

On a night like this, on a Thursday night...It's time to order out and enjoy the game.

Just because you may not know how, or have any type of idea how to BBQ around the game, doesn't mean everyone else is as slow as you guy...Slow as molasses

Practice Squad

Two Alarm Turkey Chile

I made my normal 2 Alarm Chili for tonight except with ground turkey instead of hamburger.

I just had a smallbowl ( cook's perogative for testing purposes). It came out GREAT!

Veteran
    North Shore of Long Island. East Setauket
    mid week games get wings and good beer maybe some mozz sticks

Practice Squad
    Tonight is definitely a pizza night.. Round Table's King Aurther..

Can't forget about the wine spritzers..:D

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Borgoguy;3383042]I like to have the game meal as a buffet. You know, just a really big spread with lots of pungent, exotic tastes.

[URL=http://img248.imageshack.us/i/2rw280y.jpg/][IMG]http://img248.imageshack.us/img248/7530/2rw280y.jpg[/IMG][/URL][/QUOTE]

i think i just jizzed my pants

[QUOTE=shuler82;3383168]i think i just jizzed my pants[/QUOTE]

LOL. Make sure you wash up before you start preparing food. I don't want any health code infractions. BTW, that might be the most perfect woman on earth.

Jets Insider VIP
    Beer and wings tonight at the Indian Trail Club in Franklin Lakes.... then off to the Caribbean tomorrow for a week.

[QUOTE=DefenseWinsChampionships2;3383070]Me? I pretty much just enjoy throwing down on the Grill on Sundays with the older bro. Whether it's baby back ribs with marinade BBQ sauce, BBQ chicken, Burgers with melted cheese, grilled onions and some bacon, nothing like a pork shoulder (Just takes forever to cook). With some chips and dip on the side? That usually does the trick for us.

But tonight, on a Thursday night? This is the type of night thats calling for some Poppa Johns Pizza baby, maybe some chicken wings on the side with a 2liter of Pepsi/Coca-Cola...And hell yeah, I need me some David Sunflower Seeds on the side[/QUOTE]

Papa Johns?!

What do you do? Throw away the pizza and eat the box?

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Borgoguy;3383172]LOL. Make sure you wash up before you start preparing food. I don't want any health code infractions. [B]BTW, that might be the most perfect woman on earth[/B].[/QUOTE]

OH MY GAWD.

Who jis that?

I mean [I]is[/I].

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

[QUOTE=Flagman5A;3383183]Beer and wings tonight at the Indian Trail Club in Franklin Lakes.... then off to the Caribbean tomorrow for a week.[/QUOTE]

Where ya headed? Going down to St. John next Thursday myself. Smart man planning the trip when the Jets play on Thursday. I KNOW that's not a coincidence.

My wife still hasn't figured out that we always manage to visit someone out of town during the Jets bye week.

All League
    Tonight? How about some poutine?

[url]http://img.foodnetwork.com/FOOD/2003/12/18/em1d01_poutine_lg.jpg[/url]

Banned
    [QUOTE=LIDeadHead;3383288]Papa Johns?!

What do you do? Throw away the pizza and eat the box?[/QUOTE]

Hey, Pizza down here in FLorida just isn't the same as Pizza spots up in New York, thats what I miss about New York, the food.

Papa Johns is like the McDonalds of fast food for Pizza around here, it's the best thing going.

The best Pizza shop we have around here, it's the closest thing to NY style Pizza, would have to be Little Ittaly pizza.

On a side note: I get a kick out of watching people in FLorida "Fold their Pizza", they have no idea about N.Y style Pizza, you HAVE to fold New York Pizza. FL Pizza? Gone in 3 bites.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=simijet;3383339]Tonight? How about some poutine?

[url]http://img.foodnetwork.com/FOOD/2003/12/18/em1d01_poutine_lg.jpg[/url][/QUOTE]

That $hit looks NASTY! I nearly gagged.

Hey borgo, who is that hottie?

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=DefenseWinsChampionships2;3383353]Hey, Pizza down here in FLorida just isn't the same as Pizza spots up in New York, thats what I miss about New York, the food.

Papa Johns is like the McDonalds of fast food for Pizza around here, it's the best thing going.

The best Pizza shop we have around here, it's the closest thing to NY style Pizza, would have to be Little Ittaly pizza.

On a side note: I get a kick out of watching people in FLorida "Fold their Pizza", they have no idea about N.Y style Pizza, you HAVE to fold New York Pizza. FL Pizza? Gone in 3 bites.[/QUOTE]

Heard that!
    I never understood why the pizza is so bad down there with all the people who move there from NY.
    But Papa John's unfortunately IS the best "pizza" you can get down there.
    That garlic butter is like crack.