Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sad

Sad

[url]http://www.foxnews.com/slideshow/entertainment/2009/11/23/pro-wrestlers-past-tragic-ends-benoit-albano?test=faces[/url]

You want to talk about athletes with tough lives... those guys have TOUGH lives. They have the life expectancy of a 12th century serf.

Edit: I didn't know Big Boss Man was dead. Huh.
    Last edited by JetsFan2012; 12-04-2009 at 02:06 PM.

[quote]Bam Bam Bigelow

Scott Bigelow began his wrestling career in 1987 with the WWE. Bigelow's biggest match was taking on NFL Hall of Famer Lawrence Taylor in Wrestlemania XI, a match he lost.

[B]In July 2000, Bigelow received second-degree burns on 40 percent of his body rescuing three children from a burning house[/B].

He was found dead on Jan. 19, 2007, inside his Florida home at the age of 45. Cocaine was found in his system at the time of his death.[/quote]

RIP

[QUOTE=AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite;3386471]RIP[/QUOTE]

Bam Bam used to live down the street from me. My sister was friends with his son in high school. I've heard... unflattering... stories.

Unbelievable how many of these guys died at such a young age. I grew up watching most of these guys. Saddens me to see them all pass. You think steroids had a part in any of this?

Veteran
    [QUOTE=Warfish;3386449][url]http://www.foxnews.com/slideshow/entertainment/2009/11/23/pro-wrestlers-past-tragic-ends-benoit-albano?test=faces[/url][/QUOTE]

Wow I did not realize Capt Lou...where the heck was I!!!!

I always wonder what BRUNO SAMMARTINO is up to nowadays!

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Dimitri_0515;3386479][B]Unbelievable how many of these guys died at such a young age[/B]. I grew up watching most of these guys. Saddens me to see them all pass. [B]You think steroids had a part in any of this[/B]?[/QUOTE]

Went from Unbelievable to Very Believable in 4 short sentences.

man, i didn't know a lot of those guys were dead... Bam Bam, Road Warrior Hawk, Mr. Perfect, Elizabeth, Brian Adams, Big Boss Man, Crash Holly, Test...

you'd think those guys just retired or went on to smaller venues...

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

[QUOTE=Phoenixx;3386503]Went from Unbelievable to Very Believable in 4 short sentences.[/QUOTE]

+1. This is really about a bunch of dudes that killed themselves.

Seeya.

:dunno:

Hall Of Fame
    home of the hot guy in my avatar.. oh baby!
    i remember hearing about test dying. i was watching the ppv when owen hart fell and died.

[QUOTE=pauliec;3386474]Bam Bam used to live down the street from me. My sister was friends with his son in high school. I've heard... unflattering... stories.[/QUOTE]

Just pointing out that he saved three kids from a fire...

Pretty commendable...

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=32green;3386525]+1. This is really about a bunch of dudes that killed themselves.

Seeya.

:dunno:[/QUOTE]

read the write-ups....I clicked on a dozen, "accidental drug overdose, cocaine overdoze, etc, etc"....even Junk Yard Dog "fell asleep at the wheel driving back from his daughters graduation"....

didn't realize recreational drugs were so prevelant in the WWE....

[QUOTE=Phoenixx;3386503]Went from Unbelievable to Very Believable in 4 short sentences.[/QUOTE]

Last sentence was a little sarcastic if you didn't catch it

[QUOTE=AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite;3386542]Just pointing out that he saved three kids from a fire...

Pretty commendable...[/QUOTE]

Indeed, very true.

[QUOTE=32green;3386525]+1. This is really about a bunch of dudes that killed themselves.

Seeya.

:dunno:[/QUOTE]

Soooooo..sensitive "Loss of Innocence" 32green is gone? :(

A lot of these guys were wrestlers in the late 90's or earlier, when drugs were more relevant.

I know that recently WWE started a wellness policy for it's current wrestlers, and is paying for rehab for it's former stars. It took all these guys, most notably Benoit, though for them to put it in place.

While I don't want to sound ignorant, you can only hope it works out.

Jimmy Superfly Snuka is still alive.

[QUOTE=Roger Vick;3387155]Jimmy Superfly Snuka is still alive.[/QUOTE]

Any word on Ivan Putski?

Wow, just found out that Umaga has passed away today at the age of 36. He wrestled on Hulk Hogan's tour last weekend. The wrestling business really sucks sometimes :(.

If you haven't yet, I would highly recommend watching the movie the Wrestler. I follow the "sport" and the movie accurately depicts what it's like on the indy wrestling scene.

All League
    Umaga apparently did not want to enter rehab, have to believe it's drug-related although it's unfair to speculate at this point.