Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Proposed Jets Uniform Re-design.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Proposed Jets Uniform Re-design.

[url]http://www.proquarterbackmanifesto.com/2009/11/my-proposed-ny-jets-helmetuniform-re.html[/url]

Dear Woody Johnson & Mike Tannenbaum,

In lieu of the new Meadowlands Stadium, which will be unveiled in 2010, changes are in order for the New York Jets. 2010 will mark the 50th year of the New York Jets (originally known as the Titans of New York), and with that a new tradition should be born, with a helmet and uniform re-design.

With that being said, here is my submission for the new helmet design.

I am suggesting that the Jets add a third color to their current color scheme of Hunter Green and White. This third color, will be referred to as “Jet Black.”

These “Jet black” helmets with a single stripe down the middle will signify both a nod to tradition, with a sprinkle of toughness, and will be an instant success with the fanbase! This helmet will also be made in Hunter Green and can also have alternate versions with Hunter Green/Jet Black and vice versa.

The design pays homage to the one-year 1963 logo which is currently being used on merchandise for throwback gear. However, I put a spin on that logo narrowing the “Jet” to look less friendly, and dolphin-like, and taking the word “Jets” out of the logo, emphasizing the outline.

I also created uniform designs to go along with the helmet re-designed helmet.

Home:

Away:

With the new helmet and uniform designs, the Jets can start the new era in style. As a life-long Jets fan, I am hoping my designs “take” with the organization, and it would be a honor to put a stamp of my own on the team that has already given me so much.

For my readers I encourage any feedback (positive or negative), and if you’re a part of the Jets organization, please contact me! Perhaps we could get an online petition for this going?

Thanks for your time,
    Sean Moroney, NY Jets fan

You can see the pictures if you click on the article.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Um, no thanks. I know black uniforms are helmets are supposed to make us look "mean", but it just doesn't work. Maybe if we change our name to the Stealth Bombers...

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    we have the best uni in pro sports.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    NO!!! Can we please stop anything to do with the Titans. The Titans were for what, 3 years? They've been the Jets since 1963. Are they the NY JetsTitans? No!

So why don't we create a Jets identity! Rex says, "play like a Jet" not play like a "Titan" or "JetTitan"

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Post Thanks / Like
    How about no changes, it is to tuff to work with.......

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    unlike many here id be in for an updated uniform but that design is not nice at alllll... the black is tough to just introduce.. altho i do like them going back to the different style helmets.

and i think green helmets would be a cool idea again

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=freestater;3386475]we have the best uni in pro sports.[/QUOTE]

+1, the all whites

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=C Mart;3386480]NO!!! Can we please stop anything to do with the Titans. The Titans were for what, 3 years? They've been the Jets since 1963. Are they the NY JetsTitans? No!

So why don't we create a Jets identity! Rex says, "play like a Jet" not play like a "Titan" or "JetTitan"[/QUOTE]

What? lol did you even read or look at the site? Nothing to do with the Titans. Just a new color scheme and plane on the helmet.

Either way. Aint happening.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=dassin;3386486]+1, the all whites[/QUOTE]

yup. :yes: I wish they we're our home jerseys.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Please no, they look like the eagles uniforms. I hate the idea.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I didn't know there was a Magic Marker color fill available on PhotoShop. Those uniforms are terrible.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Over further examination, these could work after all. We could get a sponsor from Crayola!

[IMG]http://www.craftkitsandsupplies.com/images/Craft_Supplies/Crayola/Markers/Crayola_Markers_233720.jpg[/IMG]

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=MDL_JET;3386487]What? lol did you even read or look at the site? Nothing to do with the Titans. Just a new color scheme and plane on the helmet.

Either way. Aint happening.[/QUOTE]

No. I saw "originally known as the Titans" and it set me off.

I hate anything and everything to do with the Titan uni's...

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's simple...no more green pants!

I love our uni and would love our throwback to just be the Kelly Green and white jerseys we won the Super Bowl with.

Can I get an AMEN?

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    in honor of my friend 32green...

blech pitooey

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=cornjulio21;3386506]It's simple...no more green pants!

[B]I love our uni and would love our throwback to just be the Kelly Green and white jerseys we won the Super Bowl with.
    [/B]
    Can I get an AMEN?[/QUOTE]

AMEN!

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    sorry I am not for any alternative uni's. Let's stop the madness. And while we're at it someone notify the Mets to cut the crap too.....

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=raysdaone;3386466][url]http://www.proquarterbackmanifesto.com/2009/11/my-proposed-ny-jets-helmetuniform-re.html[/url]

Dear Woody Johnson & Mike Tannenbaum,

In lieu of the new Meadowlands Stadium, which will be unveiled in 2010, changes are in order for the New York Jets. 2010 will mark the 50th year of the New York Jets (originally known as the Titans of New York), and with that a new tradition should be born, with a helmet and uniform re-design.

With that being said, here is my submission for the new helmet design.

I am suggesting that the Jets add a third color to their current color scheme of Hunter Green and White. This third color, will be referred to as “Jet Black.”

These “Jet black” helmets with a single stripe down the middle will signify both a nod to tradition, with a sprinkle of toughness, and will be an instant success with the fanbase! This helmet will also be made in Hunter Green and can also have alternate versions with Hunter Green/Jet Black and vice versa.

The design pays homage to the one-year 1963 logo which is currently being used on merchandise for throwback gear. However, I put a spin on that logo narrowing the “Jet” to look less friendly, and dolphin-like, and taking the word “Jets” out of the logo, emphasizing the outline.

I also created uniform designs to go along with the helmet re-designed helmet.

Home:

Away:

With the new helmet and uniform designs, the Jets can start the new era in style. As a life-long Jets fan, I am hoping my designs “take” with the organization, and it would be a honor to put a stamp of my own on the team that has already given me so much.

For my readers I encourage any feedback (positive or negative), and if you’re a part of the Jets organization, please contact me! Perhaps we could get an online petition for this going?

Thanks for your time,
    Sean Moroney, NY Jets fan

You can see the pictures if you click on the article.[/QUOTE]

1991 called.

It wants its uniform trend back.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    BTW - How awesome did the all-whites look last night?

Doesn't get any more bad-ass old school than these babies...

[IMG]http://s3.amazonaws.com/buffalonews-photo/1259902034_4773.jpg[/IMG]

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    As soon as I saw the all-whites compared to the Bills total mess, I was teh confident. :yes:

I would be in favor of a uniform re-design, but only if it looked nice. There is a lot of things you can do with the Jets concept. A plane on the helmet would look nice, but of course they would have to update it to a modern fighter plane silhouette. As classy as our uni's currently are a re-design could turn up the most classy [U]and[/U] Badass uniforms of all time. :eek: