Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Pacquiao v. Mayweather - March 2010

Hall Of Fame
    Hamster, wat did you think of your boy last night?

Quote Originally Posted by Pac2566 View Post
    because he's a money hungry, self centered, bragadocious punk. It's like Kerry Rhodes with boxing gloves.
    You forgot disrespectful a*swipe, race bater who disparages the very country where he's made millions. I hope he gets an a@s whipping

Quote Originally Posted by Green Jets & Ham View Post
    It would have been more fair if Floyd agreed to meet at 140, since Pacman is a blown up Bantamweight, so Floyd has a bigger advantage at 147, but that aside its still a very dangerous fight verses a great fighter in his prime.
    Manny Pacquiao is a small man like Mike Tyson was a small heavyweight...

Both Pacquiao and Roach have said his natural weight is 147...

Fight looks like it won't happen now. Pacquiao won't agree to bloodtesting within 30 days of the fight. Mayweather's camp wants it done and I gotta side with Mayweather on this one.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by SINYJets View Post
    Fight looks like it won't happen now. Pacquiao won't agree to bloodtesting within 30 days of the fight. Mayweather's camp wants it done and I gotta side with Mayweather on this one.
    Yup. Manny knows he NEEDS roids to even have a chance, to even compete with Floyd who would knock his ass out 2-3 times before the 5th round if they faught.

Refusing the test makes you look like you have something to hide. Take the drug test Paq. One or two vials of blood are not going to make you weak for a fight.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by SuidAkrA View Post
    Refusing the test makes you look like you have something to hide. Take the drug test Paq. One or two vials of blood are not going to make you weak for a fight.
    My take is if you have nothing to hide, why not take the test?

Quote Originally Posted by Pragmatic Bus View Post
    My take is if you have nothing to hide, why not take the test?
    I agree. Floyd did his job very well. I am now suspicious of Pac man. I still think Floyd is a master manipulator and this is exactly what he wanted. However, his stunt seems to have worked on me.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

He did agree to take a test, in fact he agreed to take multiple tests including one more right after the fight (in the dressing room). The only thing he refused was the possiblity of drawing blood right up until fight nite.

He Just wants a cut-off point like 48 to 72 hours prior to the fight.

I don't see how that can be construed as a rufusal to be tested.

IMO this is Floyd being his usual "control freak" and trying to weasel out of a dangerous fight too
    He wants only a urine test. Drawing one vial of blood before the fight won't weaken him a bit.

Okay, I went back and looked at this situation for some clarification and found it

Turns out I was mistaken, but the idea that Pac objected to blood testing altogther was mistaken as well

HERE'S THE REAL DEAL

Pac was willing to accept unlimited urine tests right up until fight nite, but he was also willing to accept blood testing, only in the case of blood testing he wanted the cut off to be one month (not 48 to 72 hours) prior to the fight

However he was willing to submit to one final blood test in the dressing room immediately following the fight

That was his initial position, just for some clarification

But now the situation has deteriorated to the point where it is very personal and it seems like the fight is off
    The one months thing is silly. Give blood 4 days before the fight and right afterward. There will no effect on the fight that way. Floyd may be a control freak and a weasel but he is not wrong in wanting there to be roid testing if someone told his camp that Pac was juicing.

All League
    I hear you Suid, it wouldn't matter too me, but I can see why Pac doesn't want to draw blood in the month leading up to the fight because it does weaken you, that's why they make people lay down and get some nutrision after they give blood, but in this case its a small amount so I wouldn't have a problem with it, but then again I'm not putting my life on the line in the ring where every last ounce of my strength is essential
    Donating blood and giving a small amount for a drug test are very different. When you donate blood you are losing a fairly decent amount. A vial of blood for a test is an insignificant amount.

Quote Originally Posted by adb280z View Post
    Donating blood and giving a small amount for a drug test are very different. When you donate blood you are losing a fairly decent amount. A vial of blood for a test is an insignificant amount.
    My thoughts exactly. A vial or two of blood like from a blood test isn't gonna weaken you for later on tonight forget the next day or a week later.

floyd has been dodging people his whole career... he just dodged manny

Quote Originally Posted by bitonti View Post
    floyd has been dodging people his whole career... he just dodged manny
    Have to agree now. I thought he was rightfully being cautious given the rumors around boxing (not just what his father was saying) regarding Manny. Apparently the attempted mediation was successful and representatives for both fighters reached a compromise. It's Floyd, now, that simply doesn't want in. Arum's right, he's a mental midget afraid of fighting someone who has a chance to beat him. He'll wait to fight an older, slower, smaller fighter.

Now Floyd is talkin' tough (I want to fight Manny, I'll whip his @$$, blah blah blah ).

Meantime both camps agreed to use a mediator, the mediator (both camps agreed to use) laid out a compromise solution. Manny agreed to abide by the mediators decision. FLOYD REFUSED

So for him to be talkin' tough now is a Joke, an ABSOLUTE JOKE

He's not fooling anyone. He killed this fight and everyone knows it.

Here's Floyd's legacy for any serious boxing fan ....

Great talent with a heart the size of a mustard seed .. only wanted to fight mismatches
    The word on March 13th just made my morning. So PacMan is going to fight Clottey in Dallas on the 13th and Mayweather counters by scheduling a fight for the same night with potential opponents being Paulie Malignaggi, Nate Campbell or Kermit Cintron. We know he won't take Cintron since Cintron has the potential to actually hurt him. He'll fight Paulie or Campbell since he's bigger and stronger than both.
    If HBO puts both fights on PPV it would be time to question the sanity of anyone who actually buys Floyd's bullsh... oops, "fight."

Sugar Shane finally gets his chance to face off in the ring with Pretty Boy Floyd on May1. At some point in the fight, Mosley's going to catch PBF with some heavy shots being by comparison a more busy fighter who throws some wicked combinations. He's going to force PBF to fight faster than he prefers, as he typically likes to fight at a measured pace where he likes to take potshots/ fight in spurts.

I only hope that Mosley doesn't get too agressive but uses his full skill set set up with his jab. It's about time PBF took an honest challenge.