Thread: Creating your own drinks at home

Creating your own drinks at home

I just came up with a new favorite

8oz Apple Cider
    2 Shots [URL="http://www.becherovka.ws/"]Becherovka[/URL] (Czech clove liquor... found in m
    1/2 shot whiskey

Serve over ice.

Tastes like apple pie with cinnamon.

[QUOTE=Batmans A Scientist;3387833]I just came up with a new favorite

8oz Apple Cider
    2 Shots [URL="http://www.becherovka.ws/"]Becherovka[/URL] (Czech clove liquor... found in m
    1/2 shot whiskey

Serve over ice.

Tastes like apple pie with cinnamon.[/QUOTE]

That sounds amazing. Cloves and apple are a great marriage. A nice variation might be replacing the Becherovka with Tuaca, which has vanilla notes. Or, maybe just adding some Tuaca to what you have already concocted, as vanilla is awesome in apple pie. Salute, or [I]Na zdraví.[/I]

[URL=http://img706.imageshack.us/i/tuacabottle1.jpg/][IMG]http://img706.imageshack.us/img706/5417/tuacabottle1.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

Beer drinker all the way, so the best I got is the
    Black & Tan:
    Half a glass of Bass Ale
    Half a glass of Guinness poured over a spoon

other variations

DARK SIDE OF THE MOON
    Guinness - Blue Moon

BLACKTOP
    Beamish - Fat Tire Amber Ale

HALF & HALF
    Guinness - Harp Lager

PATRIOT
    Guinness - Sam Adams Lager

SNAPPER
    Murphy's - Redhook ESB

BOHEMIAN
    Beamish - Pilsner Urquell

BLACK VELVET
    Guinness - Champagne

BIG EASY
    Beamish - Abita Amber Lager

SNAKEBITE
    Guinness - Hard Cider

BUMBLE BEE
    Murphy's - Dundee Honey Lager

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Batmans A Scientist;3387833]I just came up with a new favorite

8oz Apple Cider
    1/2 shot whiskey

Serve over ice.

Tastes like apple pie with cinnamon.[/QUOTE]
    Geez that sounds delicious.

One gluttonous St. Patrick's Day a few years back, I dropped a scoop of vanilla ice cream in a pint of Guinness. An Irish Beer Float. It was actually pretty damn good.

[QUOTE=pauliec;3387905]One gluttonous St. Patrick's Day a few years back, I dropped a scoop of vanilla ice cream in a pint of Guinness. An Irish Beer Float. It was actually pretty damn good.[/QUOTE]

That does sound good.

BTW, Becherovka can be found at a lot of liquor stores in NYC (Astor Place Liquors for sure)... I can't recommend it high enough. I'm three in already. I'm just rooting against Texas tonight.

...and keep making this drink (and maybe Hot Chocolate and Whiskey)

Jets Insider VIP
    I have a hot whiskey recipe. Perfect for winter conditions.

A shot (or 2 :D) of whiskey
    boiling water
    lemon jucie
    cloves
    sugar

[QUOTE=Batmans A Scientist;3387921]That does sound good.

BTW, Becherovka can be found at a lot of liquor stores in NYC (Astor Place Liquors for sure)... I can't recommend it high enough. I'm three in already. I'm just rooting against Texas tonight.

...a[B]nd keep making this drink (and maybe Hot Chocolate and Whiskey)[/B][/QUOTE]

Back in the late 80s/early 90s when we shared a season ticket, my brother would always show up for cold weather games at the Meadowlands with a massive thermos of this stuff. Awesome.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=pauliec;3387905]One gluttonous St. Patrick's Day a few years back, I dropped a scoop of vanilla ice cream in a pint of Guinness. An Irish Beer Float. It was actually pretty damn good.[/QUOTE]

I knew you young guys were good for something!:D

I'm gonna try that. I love Guiness.

Latley , I have been drinking Red Bull and Vodka if not, Dewars on the rocks.

Ah the mid-life crisis...........:D

[QUOTE=southparkcpa;3387946]I knew you young guys were good for something!:D

I'm gonna try that. I love Guiness.

Latley , [B]I have been drinking Red Bull and Vodka [/B]if not, Dewars on the rocks.[/QUOTE]

:rockon: never thought I'd take advice on Guinness from an eye-talian but that does sound delicious. Thanks Paulie.

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    [QUOTE=NY_80;3387957]:rockon: never thought I'd take advice on Guinness from an eye-talian but that does sound delicious. Thanks Paulie.[/QUOTE]

Irish car Bombs are tasty too...

... must be just me ... sounds like you ruined 2 great things!! ...

l_j_r