Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: SEC Championship Game

All Pro
    Thanks guys, I don't really follow the draft projections until Feb or so, and don't watch nearly as much college ball as I'd like. I've gotten my wife hooked on the NFL, but she usually claims Saturday!

The 2nd half is going to be awesome!

All Pro
    Kareem Jackson is having one hell of a game... Bama pass rush starts to get to Tebow a little more...

I really want Joe Haden. Dude is gonna be a beast in the NFL.

Haha, weird play turns out well for 'Bama.

All Pro
    What a drive by Alabama... completely dominating and McElroy has won the battle of the QBs so far, whenever Bama needed a big play, he made something happen and really led the offense very well.

Banned
    I want Joe Haden in Green and White next season opposite of Darrelle Revis in the worst way. Would be the most talented 1-2 punch at the CB position for years to come.

I'm not saying he will be "Darrelle Revis", but he could come pretty damn close against opposing #2 WR's, he's good enough to stick with #1 WR's.

See how Revis shuts down one side of the field each and every Sunday? We need that on the other side, then watch our pass rush get down and dirty, while putting in work at the same time under Rex Ryan.

I may hate the Gators because I'm a Noles fan, thats how I know...When I really enjoy a Gators player, that player is doing 'something right'.

Last season I wanted Percy Harvin...I'm loving Sanchez though. This year? It's all about Joe Haden in my eyes. If we need to trade up to draft Haden, in the same types of ways that we did for Revis, then do it.

Quote Originally Posted by DefenseWinsChampionships2 View Post
    I want Joe Haden in Green and White next season opposite of Darrelle Revis in the worst way. Would be the most talented 1-2 punch at the CB position for years to come.

I'm not saying he will be "Darrelle Revis", but he could come pretty damn close against opposing #2 WR's, he's good enough to stick with #1 WR's.

See how Revis shuts down one side of the field each and every Sunday? We need that on the other side, then watch our pass rush get down and dirty, while putting in work at the same time under Rex Ryan.

I may hate the Gators because I'm a Noles fan, thats how I know...When I really enjoy a Gators player, that player is doing 'something right'.

Last season I wanted Percy Harvin...I'm loving Sanchez though. This year? It's all about Joe Haden in my eyes. If we need to trade up to draft Haden, in the same types of ways that we did for Revis, then do it.
    I want Haden too, but if we have to trade up for anyone, it can only be Eric Berry. We need our picks.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Jets & Ham View Post
    I want that massive behemoth nose tackle, Cody
    I understand why, but the 3-4 NT wont be a real position of need heading into next season.

Kris Jenkins is coming back next season, if he's half the player he once was, he'll still be a BEAST of a 3-4 NT. Lets not forget, we now know what we have in Pouha; a really talented/strong/solid backup 3-4 NT, not many teams have a backup 3-4 NT as productive as Pouha; our Run D hasn't missed a beat without Jenkins anchoring the D-Line.

Haden over Cody all day (As far as next offseason goes).

Lito Sheppard is a very good #2.

THis ****ing sucks btw. I'm a big Gator fan

one long drive and its over for Florida

Game. Set. Match

guess i was wrong about Tebow, terrible throw in that situation.

they miss Percy in the worst way.

All Pro
    That should do it! YES!!!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallace Wright View Post
    I want Haden too, but if we have to trade up for anyone, it can only be Eric Berry. We need our picks.
    One thing that makes me worried about a player like Berry, for a CB, he has way too many tackles. That can pretty much mean only one thing, yeah, he does a good job making the tackle, but he's also allowing way too many catches.

2007: 86 tackles.
    2008: 72 tackles.
    2009: 83 tackles.

Look at the tackle numbers that Revis had for Pittsburgh...Yeah, we all knew he could wrap up and tackle, but he never allowed alot of catches.

2004: 49 tackles.
    2005: 41 tackles.
    2006: 39 tackles.

Now...Look @ the tackle numbers for Joe Haden.

2007: 63 tackles.
    2008: 77 tackles.
    2009: 54 tackles.

I'm not saying they mean anything, I'm just saying... He must be allowing catches here and there

One thing that makes me worried about a player like Berry, for a CB, he has way too many tackles. That can pretty much mean only one thing, yeah, he does a good job making the tackle, but he's also allowing way too many catches.

2007: 86 tackles.
    2008: 72 tackles.
    2009: 83 tackles.

Look at the tackle numbers that Revis had for Pittsburgh...Yeah, we all knew he could wrap up and tackle, but he never allowed alot of catches.

2004: 49 tackles.
    2005: 41 tackles.
    2006: 39 tackles.

Now...Look @ the tackle numbers for Joe Haden.

2007: 63 tackles.
    2008: 77 tackles.
    2009: 54 tackles.

I'm not saying they mean anything, I'm just saying... He must be allowing catches here and there
    Berry is a safety.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by HessStation View Post
    Lito Sheppard is a very good #2.

THis ****ing sucks btw. I'm a big Gator fan
    Oh yeah. Lito Sheppard is a really good #2 CB, actually one of the best cover corners around when healthy but thats the problem, it's always something nagging Sheppard.

I would love for Sheppard to play lights out like he did against the Bills last week from here on out, we would then have our #2 CB opposite of Revis but you know what? We also need that slot CB that can keep up with Welker due to blazing speed, Haden could be that player, until he's ready to take over the #2 CB positon.

Honestly...Other than Haden and Spikes, this Gators D is a little overrated, I had a strong feeling before the game this AL Offense could put up at least 30+ points.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by fullblast View Post
    Berry is a safety.
    I stand corrected. You would want him to play opposite of Rhodes and not Leonard right?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Jets & Ham View Post
    3rd Qtr

Alabama 26
    Gators 13

Florida will Win this Game
    Wanna bet?

All Pro
    Saban is a whore.

So Tebow for TE?

I just don't see him being a good NFL QB.