Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: SEC Championship Game

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsFanInSec124 View Post
    Enjoy being absolutely NOTHING in the NFL

F-U Tebow! You SUCK!

ROLL TIDE!
    If Tebow sucks, what does that make other college athletes?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Drama View Post
    LOL at you people saying the Gators are done.

What proof do you have on this?
    Tebows gone, John Brantley will come in and be a top QB in the SEC.
    Urban Meyer is one of the best college coaches in the nation, and gets a top 5 recruiting class every year.

Just because Florida State has become pathetic, doesnt mean you can start dreaming DWC.

Tebow sucks though
    Just one of the most decorated college players all time, and nothing but a humble athelte who lays it on the line in every game he plays.
    The Gators aren't going to be bad, but they're probably not a legit NC contender next year. They're losing Tebow, Spikes, Haden, Dunlap, possibly Hernandez, and a few more guys.

Miami will definitely be a NC contender next year, as will Bama again.

DWC, I agree with you about the Bulls. They're gonna lose a bunch of their talented defensive players but they are definitely a rising program.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    LOL at you people saying the Gators are done.

What proof do you have on this?
    Tebows gone, John Brantley will come in and be a top QB in the SEC.
    Urban Meyer is one of the best college coaches in the nation, and gets a top 5 recruiting class every year.

Just because Florida State has become pathetic, doesnt mean you can start dreaming DWC.

Tebow sucks though
    Just one of the most decorated college players all time, and nothing but a humble athelte who lays it on the line in every game he plays.
    Losing Tim Tebow is enough to set that Offense back for at least another year or two...FLorida Gators really never recruit NFL talented QB's.

The loss of Spikes and Haden will also set them back. You cant replace a leader like Spikes...He was THE leader for 3 years.

As far as Urban Myers...Dont be shocked if he leave FLorida for ND...THE School.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have to say I never liked Tebow, too perfect, too much hype, didn't like his style somehow... I just have a problem with rooting for such players.

With that said, he is one of the greatest college players ever and a role model for many. Charity work, great competitor, tough as nails and humble.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wow. Called this like 3 months ago. So pissed I missed the game, but I did record it. My friend owes me $100 bucks plus 5 smoke outs lol.

Nick Saban would be a good NFL coach if he took the shot again, but he lives for this college football sh*t. If you read the Blind Side, Michael Lewis waxes poetic on Saban during the recruiting process for a little bit. He built this team exactly like he would his NFL team, and he has them playing exactly like his dream NFL team would play. ude...everybody loves college. Nick Saban kept it 100 and found a way to get back.

Awesome team too...awesome DL with an elite (college) DT and a bunch of DE/DT's like Deaderick, Dareus, Chapman (NT), and more that probably be drafted in the future. Speed behind them with McClain leading the way...Just an extremely physical team and built in true SEC fashion.

Great season for them.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by fullblast View Post
    Berry is a safety.
    I think Berry is Revis 2.0 if someone plays him at CB. He started out as a CB, and he was really good. Tenn. just wants him to get the ball as much as possible.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DefenseWinsChampionships2 View Post
    Exactly. All I know is, I seen him play against the Gators this season, and he played ALOT of CB, thats the reason why I thought he played the CB position
    LOL at "Exactly," like you planned it that way. Do you ever just stfu?

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Losing Tim Tebow is enough to set that Offense back for at least another year or two...FLorida Gators really never recruit NFL talented QB's.

The loss of Spikes and Haden will also set them back. You cant replace a leader like Spikes...He was THE leader for 3 years.

As far as Urban Myers...Dont be shocked if he leave FLorida for ND...THE School.

Not really, because it doesn't really matter if they win in the NFL, because they win in college for the Gators

John Brantleys Stats: 75% completion percentage, 7 td's 0 int, 194.9 QB rating in limited action. I don't know about you but, as a Gator fan this man has talent, which is why back when he was recruited into college he was a top QB, he spent 2 years behind Tim Tebow learning and hes going to explode next season. Will he put up the same rushing stats? No, but hes a 100x better passer than Tebow.

Florida stockpiles talent and speed all over the place, I could care less about how much of an uprise USF is, but the fact is they will never get the talent the gators do.

One man steps out, another steps in. Love Spikes as player and a leader, theres no question hes the emotionial leader on the D. Haden might be gone, but there other talented sophmore Jenkins, is going to be great.

And for Urban, he's not going anywhere the Gators have another top 5 recruiting class, and Claussen and Tate will be gone, ND hasn't been THE school in years. Florida will still be the #1 school in the state, please spare me on Jacory Harris the guy is an interception machine.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Not really, because it doesn't really matter if they win in the NFL, because they win in college for the Gators

John Brantleys Stats: 75% completion percentage, 7 td's 0 int, 194.9 QB rating in limited action. I don't know about you but, as a Gator fan this man has talent, which is why back when he was recruited into college he was a top QB, he spent 2 years behind Tim Tebow learning and hes going to explode next season. Will he put up the same rushing stats? No, but hes a 100x better passer than Tebow.

Florida stockpiles talent and speed all over the place, I could care less about how much of an uprise USF is, but the fact is they will never get the talent the gators do.

One man steps out, another steps in. Love Spikes as player and a leader, theres no question hes the emotionial leader on the D. Haden might be gone, but there other talented sophmore Jenkins, is going to be great.

And for Urban, he's not going anywhere the Gators have another top 5 recruiting class, and Claussen and Tate will be gone, ND hasn't been THE school in years. Florida will still be the #1 school in the state, please spare me on Jacory Harris the guy is an interception machine.
    If you don't see Florida missing a beat next year after they lose all the talented, experienced guys after this season... you're in for a rude awakening.

Brantley has nice numbers, but keep in mind that he's not out there against LSU. He played against Charleston Southern, Troy, FIU -- doormat teams. Spare us the "he's a better passer than Tebow" BS for now. Let the kid play against a real team before comparing him to a Heisman trophy winner/national champion QB.

I know it's a revolving door of talent at UF, but where were the WRs/playmakers on offense this season? Not having a go to guy was their downfall this year. They didn't have anyone for Tebow to lean on when he needed to. Who's going to be their go to guy next year?

As for Miami, Harris is a true soph throwing to freshman and soph WRs. Their defense is young as well. That team will be much better next year.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Recruiting-wise, Saban>Meyer

Alabama had the #4 recruiting class this past year and Florida was #6. If they win the national championship next month it'll push their next class to #1

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Not a Florida fan, but people bashing and making fun of Tebow need to get a clue. Class act any way you put it. Guy's real.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NYjets105 View Post
    Not a Florida fan, but people bashing and making fun of Tebow need to get a clue. Class act any way you put it. Guy's real.
    He is a class act, a great guy, a true Samaritan, but he is the most overrated QB in the country, and I don't think he will make it as an NFL QB. As an NFL QB prospect, he's awful

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

Urban has won 2 titles already at Florida..his dream job is said to be Notre Dame...it could happen

Gators will go either 9 and 3 or 10 and 2 next year they lose a lot

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    This is by far the worst I've seen the Gators play since the 95 champ' against Neb. Charlie Strong is headed to Louisville and I'm guessin since tebow is gone so is Meyer to ND.. just a terrible performance by the Gators

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I love how everybody continues to hate. And anybody that thinks we're "done" after this year get a clue. We won't have as good a season as this year, but we will still win 9,10 games with John Brantley. Kid is a NFL type of QB.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    And no, Urban Meyer is not leaving for Notre Dame.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Tebow i sjust not an NFL QB, at least not now. He makes Leftwich's delivery seem efficient. Great, great college player though.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by brady's a catcher View Post
    Tebow i sjust not an NFL QB, at least not now. He makes Leftwich's delivery seem efficient. Great, great college player though.
    Could make for a pretty good Full Back though, demends if he can learn how to run block. Could even make for a solid TE, he's built like one, just not sure about his hands...But I know he has the toughness.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

You obviously know nothing about John Brantley, do you?

And you obviously know nothing about Urban Meyer(sweet spelling by the way) saying he wasn't going to Notre Dame either.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMikeIsHot View Post
    If you don't see Florida missing a beat next year after they lose all the talented, experienced guys after this season... you're in for a rude awakening.

Brantley has nice numbers, but keep in mind that he's not out there against LSU. He played against Charleston Southern, Troy, FIU -- doormat teams. Spare us the "he's a better passer than Tebow" BS for now. Let the kid play against a real team before comparing him to a Heisman trophy winner/national champion QB.

I know it's a revolving door of talent at UF, but where were the WRs/playmakers on offense this season? Not having a go to guy was their downfall this year. They didn't have anyone for Tebow to lean on when he needed to. Who's going to be their go to guy next year?

As for Miami, Harris is a true soph throwing to freshman and soph WRs. Their defense is young as well. That team will be much better next year.
    The VAST majority of Florida fans are extremely confident the passing game will be exponentially better with Brantley. Big arm, accurate, tight release, knows the offense, football pedigree, is working under an NFL QB coach...

It helps that in terms of WRs, Thompson, Hines, and Hammond will be a year more experienced, Moore and Debose are coming back from injuries, and they have some talented freshman coming in at the position.

It's fair to want to wait to see what Brantley does as a starter. Just know Florida fans aren't that worried about next season.

They won't be in the title hunt, but they'll be playing Bama again next year for the SEc Championship. They'll be short on experience, but long on talent...