Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!

Thread: OT: Greg Oden done for the season, again

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

OT: Greg Oden done for the season, again

This is just sad, kid is a class act but his body just isn't with him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LKO-nD3a45A

If you look closely you can see that his knee looks like it is basically broken in half.

Third year in a row he will miss the majority of the season with knee injuries.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    I like the guy, it's sad to see him go down again.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KXbpB-rlung

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Awful - remember when Portland took him no. 1 - they had a choice between him and a guard who is a very good player in the NBA now - can't remember his name.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Death View Post
    Awful - remember when Portland took him no. 1 - they had a choice between him and a guard who is a very good player in the NBA now - can't remember his name.
    Durant...at the time no one was saying take him over Oden but in hindsight it looks like a huge mistake. It's a shame because he could be a great big man but injuries over and over are really impeding his progress and will have long-term ramifications for his future

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Icer View Post
    Durant...at the time no one was saying take him over Oden but in hindsight it looks like a huge mistake. It's a shame because he could be a great big man but injuries over and over are really impeding his progress and will have long-term ramifications for his future
    I liked Durant over Oden. I tracked Oden since High School and was very disappointed in how he played his freshman year at Ohio State. To me I just didn't see Tim Duncan or Patrick Ewing there. Not enough offense. Good rebounder and shot blocker but nothing amazing. Even if the injuries didn't happen he'd be considered a bust right now.
    Last edited by VincenzoTestaverde; 12-06-2009 at 12:03 PM.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by VincenzoTestaverde View Post
    I liked Durant over Oden. I tracked Oden since High School and was very disappointed in how he played his freshman year at Ohio State. To me I just didn't see Tim Duncan or Patrick Ewing there. Not enough offense. Good rebounder and shot blocker but nothing amazing. Even if the injuries didn't happen he'd be considered a bust right now.
    His biggest problem (aside from his injuries) are fouls, in limited minutes he's proven to be a great defensive player...we're talking about potentially the best big man defender in the league...I dont see how hes a bust when he's actually playing considering he is only 21. He has alot to develop on offense but is a legit defender.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Icer View Post
    His biggest problem (aside from his injuries) are fouls, in limited minutes he's proven to be a great defensive player...we're talking about potentially the best big man defender in the league...I dont see how hes a bust when he's actually playing considering he is only 21. He has alot to develop on offense but is a legit defender.
    He already is a good defender and rebounder but he doesn't have anywhere near the post up moves or shot of a Tim Duncan who he was being compared to coming out of high school and college. To me a dominant Center has to have both the offense and defense. Oden will end up being like Mutombo except Mutombo was very durable and a better shot blocker and Oden is injury prone. Blazers still have a good young team in spite of this though.