Thread: What does Rhodes want to do after this season?

What does Rhodes want to do after this season?

I was listening to Boomer & Carton on the way to work and heard Carton talking about upcoming topics for discussion on the show and one of them was "Kerry Rhodes no longer a Jet"... that is EXACTLY what he said.

Anyone hear anything?

He probably means after the season. That's a possibility.

All League

was talking about AFTER this season

Carton said he heard that Rhodes was speaking about being watched by the other teams after his 2 picks as away to get noticed. Carton implied that Rhodes wants out.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

I'm editing the title of this thread...very misleading

the title you gave it has nothing to do with what I am saying... what I wrote is EXACTLY what Carton said on the radio before going to break.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Grillmaster View Post
    Carton said he heard that Rhodes was speaking about being watched by the other teams after his 2 picks as away to get noticed. Carton implied that Rhodes wants out.
    The guy is looking more and more like he is more interested in glory than in the nitty gritty that will make him a good safety (like tackling). I'm getting the feeling that he only gets excited about blitzing the QB and interceptions. The rest he can't get that worked up about.

A very bad sign when a defensive player doesn't want to play for Ryan. And he has looked like a bum with his hesitance to hit. A safety HAS to hit. If he wants out, I say try to get a 2d or a 3d for him (if his value is still that high) and let him go.
    Last edited by RIJetFan; 12-07-2009 at 09:44 AM.

I know what I want. Another second round pick. C'mon Rhodes more INTs, you can do it!

Quote Originally Posted by Grillmaster View Post
    good... I hope there is enough interest to get something for him rather than cut the piece of trash.

Quote Originally Posted by RIJetFan View Post
    The guy is looking more and more like he is more interested in glory than in the nitty gritty that will make him a good safety (like tackling). I'm getting the feeling that he only gets excited about blitzing the QB and interceptions. The rest he can't get that worked up about.

A very bad sign when a defensive player doesn't want to play for Ryan. And he has looked like a bum with his hesitance to hit. A safety HAS to hit. If he wants out, I say try to get a 2d or a 3d for him (if his value is still that high) and let him go.
    I doubt we can get anything higher than a 4th rounder for him... I would take that and RUN

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by SackDancer99 View Post
    the title you gave it has nothing to do with what I am saying... what I wrote is EXACTLY what Carton said on the radio before going to break.
    I don't care what Carton said, we don't play shock jock here.

Quote Originally Posted by jetswin View Post
    I don't care what Carton said, we don't play shock jock here.
    who was playing "shock jock"? I was asking a question about something I heard on the radio... wondering if anyone heard anything.

I guess it got answered so you can dump the thread now. The new title has no relevance to why I posted it.

Jets Insider VIP
    Whats Rhodes wants is irrelevant. Its what Ryan wants and Ryan is going to send this guy packing at the 1st chance he gets.

I am very surprised how much press our backup, scrub safety is getting. At his contract, no one will be trading for him. We will have to cut him and then he can sign with someone else at a much lower price.

No other team is going to take on his salary. I mean, he cant even beat out Eric Smith.

Make a movie and be in a few model layouts...Does that answer the question, "what does Rhodes want to do after the season"?

Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    Whats Rhodes wants is irrelevant. Its what Ryan wants and Ryan is going to send this guy packing at the 1st chance he gets.

I am very surprised how much press our backup, scrub safety is getting. At his contract, no one will be trading for him. We will have to cut him and then he can sign with someone else at a much lower price.

No other team is going to take on his salary. I mean, he cant even beat out Eric Smith.
    Lol just because Kerry Rhodes is playing poorly (and how poor is greatly exaggerated around here) doesn't mean he's some valueless player that Rex Ryan is dying to get rid of.

If you listened to Jets fans you'd swear that every player is a candidate to be cut in the offseason except Revis and Mangold.

This whole make everyone that annoys us into a villian thing doesn't get old to anyone?

Only way Rhodes isn't a Jet next year is if some team offers a 2nd or a 3rd for him. The Jets aren't cutting a 27 year old safety that can cover and play in the box a whole year removed from good play just because of a down year annoying an easily annoyed fan base.
    Last edited by SenorGato; 12-07-2009 at 11:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SackDancer99 View Post
    you can dump the thread now.
    Done.